Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke
Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

India-Forums

SSLK very regressive, lessons to learn r opposite

merrydock Goldie
merrydock
merrydock

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

Sapne Suhane Ladakpan ke, is one of the most regressive serial i have ever seen. i watch this serial to so that i can give examples to my students of how stupid to look and behave when they have crushes on their teachers, 

a morden gril like Gunjan wants to marry into the most regressive family. that thinks the only use of women is in the kitchen.  how can she even want to marry into a family where their false respect and dignity and family name is more important then their childrens happiness and future. And i say children because Mayank, Gunjan and Rachna are only kids, age between 17 and  22.

what is wrong with the Garh family.  the kids have not even finished schooling the elders want them married.  mayank mother wants him to marry a rich girl so that she can have expensive things that she can lord over. no matter the girl is a lazy, spoilt, selfish brat,  who thinks touching up her makeup  is the most important job in the world.

the father talks about sanskar and values. do the children even understand them. Rachana whose rishta has been finalized has fall in love with her coach. she knows her family is strict and  holds the family name above all else.

Shail masi who i thought to be wise and open minded is really selfish,  she should have discouraged Gunjan and Mayanks relationship,  making them understand about the pro and cons of life. how does she expect Gunjan to cover her head with a pullu, and stand by like a meek little mouse while the family makes all the decisions of her life. Bowing her head and agreeing to whatever the elders tell her right or wrong. is Gunjan willing to give up her freedom. all shail wants in Gunjan with her so that she can feel close to her dead sister. she is not at all thinking of Gunjans future.

and the two women seema and the other one.  i thought the women from small towns were down to earth and hospitable to others. but they are the most pretentious, petty, and shallow women ever. who only want to put others down. and feed their greed. shame on them i hope real women are not like them.

i dont know what kind of message this serial i trying to give.  but i definitely tell my students that this is what you should not do. 

dont marry at the age of 18 because you think your in love. there is nothing known as undying love. and true love  only come with wisdom and understanding of  relationship along with the hardships and responsibility they come with.

dont crush on you teachers, or if you do dont  tell them "i love your sir/ ma'am"  they are in collage to teach you not cradle snatch.  first grow up baby's

learn to take decisions for your selves if you want to study and have a carrier,  make your parents understand that you want to make something of your life, and your self. do not get pressurized into getting married because you parents do not want to take the responsibility  of an child who is on the brink of adulthood. and once you make that decision stick to it. this will make your parents trust and believe in you to not make stupid mistakes in life.

think a 100 times what is at stake before taking any wrong step. your entire future and happiness depends on it.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

mariya7yedshenramdassmissdramkrmariyakamranboogleirene_cpriya_remixheera1702brat2008MSN_VannySky23DOC108anoneeHashiBoo

boogle Senior Member
boogle
boogle

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Nice topic! Yeah at the beginning, the show did focus on the girls enjoying their youth and pursuing their dreams. But they have been focusing on the girls marriages recently. I really hope neither of them get married until after they graduate. And you know if they get married now, the girls probably won't finish school because their inlaws want their daughter in laws to be stay at home wives. So I really hope the show won't have Gunjan and Rachana get married right away. Let them enjoy their youth lol!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mariyakamranmerrydockbrat2008JulieDMSN_Vanny

Sky23 IF-Rockerz
Sky23
Sky23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Very interesting topic for sure.  You can't expect these shows to carry any type of message as their main goal is to entertain and get maximum viewership.  They always start out interesting but they all end up in the same melodramatic saas bahu place.

the most you can hope for is that these shows start some dialogue between parents and children about their values and what is right and wrong.  Whether that is getting married too young, not completing their education or falling for a teacher.  

These shows can't set any standards for what is right and wrong because the world is to vast and each family has to decide what is right for them.  You can't expect these shows to tell you what that is... 

Everyone has to keep in mind this entertainment and make the right decisions for yourself.  On a forum like this it is great to discuss, critique and analyze different perspectives.

booglemerrydockbrat2008JulieDMSN_Vanny

brat2008 IF-Dazzler
brat2008
brat2008

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Smile All the series are for purely entertainment purposes ,So pls dont expect any kind of Moral or Social  messages from it.

These kind of series are Potrayal of larger than life situations. It is there to get us out of our daily grind into a fantasy world for a short while . Dwell in those fantasies  for the time it is provided and then we do have our harsh reality of daily challenges to face. 
     So in my Opinion JUST LET IT BE.!!       ENJOY THE SHOW!!!!!  Big smileDay Dreaming

Let  me add that  Am not bashing any show nor the post.  It is a very interesting topic  for a debate.

So No offence and No  Hard feelingsBig smileHug

cutipieAFboogleSunshineTearsSky23MSN_Vanny

princessonline IF-Dazzler
princessonline
princessonline

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
I could not agree with you more! You have echoed my thoughts exactly!

Having a small crush on your teacher is fine. I mean that's normal and apart of growing up, I have seen many people saying they had a crush on their teacher, however, has never happened to me! Could never look at a teacher like that and hopefully it never happens in the future as well. But falling in love with your teacher and telling him or her that is just ridiculous. How does Rajeev even want to teach her hockey knowing she has feelings for him. I am not sure why Rachna thought what Rajeev did conveyed hidden messages of love because I am sorry to say so all I saw was a coach helping his student. On top of that where they live it is so backwards; they think teachers are god! How would she even expect them to be accepted by others? I know for a fact when teacher and students fall in love in America it is big! It's in the news and widely discouraged. And we are talking about America ridiculing this, compared to Benaras, America is way more modern! Way, way too modern! So how would that be okay in Benaras?

Secondly, Gunjan and Mayank! Yeah, they shouldn't be together in my opinion because if you know your husband does not have a backbone and will not be moving out of his crazy house, I would refuse to marry him! Because if you are getting married in a joint family you are not only marrying the man you are marrying the family! Her modernistic views will never be accepted! But I am sure they will show Gunjan changing the views of people who have lived more than half of their lives in a conservative way! How is that possible! Grown people do not change their values and principles because of one person! I haven't been able to change the thinking of my mom, who by the way is my mom for 18 years of my life. She still thinks what she thinks and I still think the way I do!

You should do the opposite of that the show is telling you to do on life.

Riya

booglemerrydockJulieDbrat2008HashiBoo

SunshineTears IF-Dazzler
SunshineTears
SunshineTears

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
I agree with brat2008, it's just a show, so enjoy it! and this show is way more realistic than other Indian Shows, and I hope it will get better with time! Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

boogleJesmi9brat2008

arjunpurvixo IF-Sizzlerz
arjunpurvixo
arjunpurvixo

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
I understand the whole having a small crush on your teacher thing, but honestly, no teenager thinks she is in love with her teenager. A couple of my friends have a small crush on this teacher and they interacted with the teacher like Rachna did, however, they know that what was going on between them was not love. I hope this show will get a bit more realistic soon Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boogle

anonee IF-Rockerz
anonee
anonee

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
@merrydock
Excellent post!  I totally agree with you.  The behavior of the seniors in this show is very disappointing.

The teens seem to be only interested in getting married!!  And they have not clue about the meaning of the word commited relation - as in engagement!!

The shameless greed and tearing apart of one's own family that Seema and Sunita are engaging in - is downright disgusting behavior!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

booglebrat2008

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index