Qubool Hai

Tahzeeb of Asad Ahmed Khan,Thank You note-11 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 22

crazy4KASH_AR

IF-Sizzlerz

crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mijanur

Excelent post sis.
You rightly put what islamic culture is.
You are also superb in explaining asad behaviour.
I personaly has no issue about muslim girl wearing jinse.
Some of my cousin sister also wear jinse
But i also think it is wrong to think only the girl who wear jinse are modern and open minded.
Suppose one of my cousin sister wear jinse and one wear salwar kamiz.
So the cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz show respect to the decision of the other cousin sister wearing jinse.
But the other cousin sister who wear jinse say to the cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz that you wear salwar kamiz you are not modern and open minded like me.
Clearly the sister who wear jinse don't show any respect to the other cousin sister's decision and try to establish that only her wearing dress can be accepted as symbol of modernity and open mentality.
So who is the modern and open minded between my two cousin sister.
For me in that case its my cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz represents open mentality and modernity.
Because she wear what she like, she did not have problem other person wear something different ,she respects other sister's personal choice,she did not try to impose her thinking on her sister and did not try to show any kind of superiority over her sister.
Thats called modernity and open mentality.
Thats why its said people becomes modern and open minded by their thinking not by the cloth they wear.
Just some one wear salwar kamiz or sari you can't say they are not modern and open minded.
Modernity and Open mentality is much bigger thing than cloth.
Modernity also does not allow you to think just because he/she wear different cloth they are not modern like you.
Modernity also say your wearing cloth can prove your modernity.
Open mentality also say respect others value.
Open mentality also encouraged us to not judge a person modernity just by his/her cloth.
Open mentality also does not encourage to creat pressure on his/her to wear perticular dress just for the sake looking you think it defines modernity.

So if we start to think modernity and open mentality can be measured by cloth slection than it will be very wrong thinking.

Wow bro
I'm totally fida over this post..
Modern thinking and modern attire are 2 complete different aspects..
I loved your views so much.
Hats off to you for this one and thanks a lot again for encouraging me to open this thread by removing my apprehensions.
Had you not been here,I would have never posted this thread out here.
I'm so fortunate to have you in my life.
Thanks a lot for your immense love and support.
I'm glad that you liked my opinions soo much.
Take care!
Good night/morning..
I didn't sleep for a second coz of Asad miyan you see.LOL
Ab toh aapko love you bhi nahin bol sakte.SIL bura maan gayin toh ROFL
Love you innaaa saaara
Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fly_chickmijanur

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tahzeeb of Asad Ahmed Khan,Thank You note-11 (Page 4)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mijanur

IF-Sizzlerz

mijanur

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy4KASH_AR

Originally posted by mijanur

Excelent post sis.
You rightly put what islamic culture is.
You are also superb in explaining asad behaviour.
I personaly has no issue about muslim girl wearing jinse.
Some of my cousin sister also wear jinse
But i also think it is wrong to think only the girl who wear jinse are modern and open minded.
Suppose one of my cousin sister wear jinse and one wear salwar kamiz.
So the cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz show respect to the decision of the other cousin sister wearing jinse.
But the other cousin sister who wear jinse say to the cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz that you wear salwar kamiz you are not modern and open minded like me.
Clearly the sister who wear jinse don't show any respect to the other cousin sister's decision and try to establish that only her wearing dress can be accepted as symbol of modernity and open mentality.
So who is the modern and open minded between my two cousin sister.
For me in that case its my cousin sister who wear salwar kamiz represents open mentality and modernity.
Because she wear what she like, she did not have problem other person wear something different ,she respects other sister's personal choice,she did not try to impose her thinking on her sister and did not try to show any kind of superiority over her sister.
Thats called modernity and open mentality.
Thats why its said people becomes modern and open minded by their thinking not by the cloth they wear.
Just some one wear salwar kamiz or sari you can't say they are not modern and open minded.
Modernity and Open mentality is much bigger thing than cloth.
Modernity also does not allow you to think just because he/she wear different cloth they are not modern like you.
Modernity also say your wearing cloth can prove your modernity.
Open mentality also say respect others value.
Open mentality also encouraged us to not judge a person modernity just by his/her cloth.
Open mentality also does not encourage to creat pressure on his/her to wear perticular dress just for the sake looking you think it defines modernity.

So if we start to think modernity and open mentality can be measured by cloth slection than it will be very wrong thinking.

Wow bro
I'm totally fida over this post..
Modern thinking and modern attire are 2 complete different aspects..
I loved your views so much.
Hats off to you for this one and thanks a lot again for encouraging me to open this thread by removing my apprehensions.
Had you not been here,I would have never posted this thread out here.
I'm so fortunate to have you in my life.
Thanks a lot for your immense love and support.
I'm glad that you liked my opinions soo much.
Take care!
Good night/morning..
I didn't sleep for a second coz of Asad miyan you see.LOL
Ab toh aapko love you bhi nahin bol sakte.SIL bura maan gayin toh ROFL
Love you innaaa saaara
Big smile
You are welcome sis.
Sis it should also be noted modernity and open mentality encourage inclusiveness and pluralistic thinking process.
So when you say your modernity and open meantality depends on only wearing particular type of cloth and if you wear other type of cloth you can't be called modern and open minded than its nothing but pure exclusiveness.
So where exclusiveness is present and inclusiveness and pluralistic thinking process is absent you can call it anything but you can't call it modernity and open mentality.

Good morning sis.
And love you too sister.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crazy4KASH_AR

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Very nice post Asma...it's obvious that you put a lot of effort into it...and it is a job well done.

I love how you outlined Asad's tehzeeb...and the logic behind his every action so perfectly.  Especially the part you mentioned about his leading the blind child's hand to the coins so he could pick them up himself.  It was something very subtle...but spoke volumes about Asad's outlook.  Sort of God helps those who help themselves.

I can go on and on about your post...but you've covered all the ground so well I'd just wind up sounding redundant.

I just want to add something to the islamic points you raised.  You said a man may have up to 4 wives...Yes...he can if he can physically and financially support them...but he does not need permission of the first wife...check your facts...this is a misconception many people have.  There is no evidence in either the Quran or Sunnah that supports the fact that he needs anyone's permission.  You can also check with your local Aalim...and Allah knows best..

Second...just because something is done in Saudia Arabia or done by Arabs...doesn't automatically mean it is halal LOL.

Yes...there is absolutely no compulsion in Islam to follow any of the guidlines it lays out for living our lives.  We are given free will.  And we all practice to whatever extent we feel is right...but that doesn't mean we won't be held accountable for any of the compromises we make...because what we think is right may not be right according to Allah.

Edited by ummesulaiman - 03 November 2012 at 10:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AR-ARHI_nailacrazy4KASH_AR

bary

IF-Rockerz

bary

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
like he cant wear kurta to office she cant wear a salwaar to a disco well even if she did it just make her stand out of the crowd which she clearly dont want,if modern and old fashioned are decided by mentality not by clothes that can be taken in opposite way where if she is modern by clothes she still remain herself as old fashioned by heart just like she is modern by heart and old fashioned by clothes
not that i dont like him saying not to wear najma jeans infact i loved it soo much coz first we wont having this lovely discussion if he didnt said it..lol second it shows how protective he is towards his sister just like a father to this daughter who restricts many things which he thinks is not good for his daughter but make allowances some times just like he did when he wants her to go to new place but want her to come back before night and if she wants to go at night coz the damn place wont be open at night he still made allowance by dropping and picking her back and made another allowance but when she wanna change the way she is just to mingle with others he doesn't wanna make allowances to go that far,well even though the decision should be hers to make if it brings some experience of some bad thing or it being out her comfort zone asad wanna protect or prevent her from the experience which is quite awesome
lovely topic

leafmaria

leafmaria

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Very good post. I really liked how you explained all the attire in Islam for women and men.

-Maria 

crazy4KASH_AR

bary

IF-Rockerz

bary

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
hey can u also translate this,i am soo not good at understanding but well i do get the feel of the dialogue
jise aap pabandi keh rahi hain usey hum tahzeeb kehte hain
numaish pashchim ki ada hai , sharm purab ka gehna
Is mulq mein aurtein isi gehne se sajti hain

crazy4KASH_AR

crazy4KASH_AR

IF-Sizzlerz

crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bary

hey can u also translate this,i am soo not good at understanding but well i do get the feel of the dialogue
<font size="4">jise aap pabandi keh rahi hain usey hum tahzeeb kehte hain
numaish pashchim ki ada hai , sharm purab ka gehna
Is mulq mein aurtein isi gehne se sajti hain
</font>

I'm glad to help you dear with the dialogue.I'm translating it into English

jisey aap pabandi kehti hain usey hum tehzeeb kehte hain

What you call as restriction we call it as culture

numaish paschim ki ada hai,shrm purab ka gehnha

Displaying things or showing off is an art of west, sharm(exact meaning shyness however here it refers to keeping things a bit hidden and not merely displaying it) is a jewellery of East

is mulq mein aurtein isi gehne se sajti hain

In this country women are adorned with this jewellery only.

I hope this helps you.

bary

crazy4KASH_AR

IF-Sizzlerz

crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummesulaiman

Very nice post Asma...it's obvious that you put a lot of effort into it...and it is a job well done.

I love how you outlined Asad's tehzeeb...and the logic behind his every action so perfectly. Especially the part you mentioned about his leading the blind child's hand to the coins so he could pick them up himself. It was something very subtle...but spoke volumes about Asad's outlook. Sort of God helps those who help themselves.

I can go on and on about your post...but you've covered all the ground so well I'd just wind up sounding redundant.

I just want to add something to the islamic points you raised. You said a man may have up to 4 wives...Yes...he can <font color="#ff0000">if</font> he can physically and financially support them...but he does not need permission of the first wife...check your facts...this is a misconception many people have. There is no evidence in either the Quran or Sunnah that supports the fact that he needs anyone's permission.You can also check with your local Aalim...and Allah knows best..

Second...just because something is done in Saudia Arabia or done by Arabs...doesn't automatically mean it is halal LOL.

Yes...there is absolutely no compulsion in Islam to follow any of the guidlines it lays out for living our lives. We are given free will. And we all practiceto whatever extent we feel is right...but that doesn't mean we won't be held accountable forany of the compromises we make...because what we think is right may not be right according to Allah.

I have been eagerly waiting for your reply Fatima.
I was expecting you to help me add a few more points.
Just wanted to tell you that Fatima name is very close to my heart and I've a very dear friend of mine on the forum itself with the same name.
I guess we are also going to form a great bond in future hopefully.

Thanks a lot for your encouragement dear.
I know what you are saying about Saudi Arabia.I just wished to give an example that Muslim women are wearing whatever they like in those countries where women are prohibited to walk outside their home without 'abaya'
Regarding the accountability issue-I just mentioned a word for the hint-knowingly ignorant if u remember.
I didn't want to go into the day of judgement in this delicate matter..But I completely agree with your point for sure.
Regarding the permission from a wife,as far as I know a man needs to take permission from his wife even if he can financially and physically support 4wives.But then I'll confirm this fact.Thanks a lot for letting me know about this issue.

Oh yes! The blind children scene of Asad made me fall in love with Asad's character at that moment itself.

Your posts are always a treat to read and you always leave me with a better insight about things which remain untouched by me.
Thank you soo much for this wonderful review.
I'm glad that you felt that I could do some justice to Asad's character and his tahzeeb.
Looking forward to more and more wonderful replies of yours always.
Take care!

ummesulaiman

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.