Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

desi boarding school

starcity Goldie
starcity
starcity

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
okay seriously it's really wierd that some ppl live in the UK and send their children to school bak home in pakistan mainly.  I know plently of ppl who've sent their children bak to pakistan for school.  Wat do u guys think is it right??? We have some of the best schools here and yet ppl are sending their children outside, apparently because they have better discipline, they say they dont want their kids to become westerised. but wat do u guys think is it right??? oh yep does this appy for india too i'd like to know?
So let me know wat u guys thinkBig smile

Edited by starcity - 05 July 2006 at 5:03pm

Groovychick IF-Rockerz
Groovychick
Groovychick

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
ermm..there's a very similar topic open..it's on the main page..here's d link:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=313738

luv,
Tina xx
DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 7:27am | IP Logged
i would very possibly send my kids 2 school in india... but then i would very happily leave my family and live in india, so... Embarrassed I think its the culture and traditions that is a way of life in India which we don't have out of India and gives life so much colour. I think it depends on the type of lifestyle u enjoy and whether ur kid can cope living alone and of course what the quality of education.
Aspire Newbie
Aspire
Aspire

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
I would do that. I know there are really good boarding schools in India that provide kids with great education..so education is no problem. But more than their intelligence etc, their behaviour and discipline and manners count the most in life.
Also, living in a different country where parents are trying to enforce Indian/ Pakistani cultures doesn't really work since the kids get all confused. They will be confused about their identity which can cause tension between the parents and the children. So, I think there is nothing wrong with doing this. However, once they become a little bit older and have learnt the rights and wrongs, they can come to UK/ US to continue the amazing college education they are provided with. Also, college education is what counts more, not the middle school and kindergarten.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top