Five Worth-watching Serials from A&B Entertainment

Taify thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

02 Nov 2012

ARTICLES: Five Worth-watching Serials from A&B Entertainment

Five Worth-watching Serials from A&B Entertainment

A&B Entertainment is one of the biggest production houses in the country today. It churns dramas faster than any other production house; however, some where it compromises on quality. But we cannot deny the fact that their serials are always eagerly awaited and star the biggest names.

So what is the best that A&B has given us so far? Complied below is a small list of five memorable dramas from the production house for all the right reasons. It wasn't easy producing this list given the huge amount of work the production house has to its credit.

Mera Saaein

Mera Saeein gave ARY the lift it needed and thanks to this serial alone, ARY is still the number one serial. It made Nauman Ijaz a household name once again, making him the most expensive actor in the country. The serial was so popular that the channel decided to comeback with a sequel, which unfortunately was never that fame. The serial has already aired more than once on the channel, and is considered first of its kind.

Roag

It was a depressing drama that had people sitting in front of the screens with tissues in hand. Roag told a story that was taboo and shook everyone. Still considered a controversial show, Roag ended up on several people's favorite list the year it aired. From Faysal Qureshi's spine chilling acting to connectable characters, it had it all.  Some still criticize it for being too depressing and having a not-so-appropriate ending, but for us, Roag is among the best by the production house.

Maaye Ni

Maaye Ni aired when Humsafar was a rage on HUM TV. It is not a surprising fact that this serial gave it otugh competition in the ratings, eventually overcoming when HUM had to air a repeat teleacast of Humsafar. Maaye Ni is remembered for several reasnos, including a new way of telling story and amazing performance by all the actors, including Abid Ali, Fahad Mustafa and Samiya Mumtaz.

Mein Chaand Si

One of the most understated serials by the production house, Mein Chand Si deserves a place because it has everything that one wants from a serial. Saba Qamar's terrific acting and Babar Javed's direction coupled with a tight screenplay gave us a terrific serial. So what if the script fell flat a few times, it always woke-up and today Mein Chand Si stands as a serial to talk about.

Diya Jalay

The only reason this serial is there is the fact that it is them production house's maiden production. The serial starred Savera Nadeem, Asif Raza Mir, Adnan Siddiqui and Neelum Munir in lead roles. It told the story of a woman and the problems she had to suffer through due to the men in her life. The serial won acclaim when it first aired on ARY and was the highest rated serial of its time. This is said to have brought back Savera into the limelight and give Neelam's career a new dimension.

It isn't surprising that all the serials above were directed by Babar Javed himself and aired on ARY. The production house is currently lying low. It gave successful serials in Thakan and Meri Laadli, but couldn't touch the class that the above serials are known for.

Several other serials like Mein Abdul Qadir Hoon also came close, but we had to settle for the above five.
Let us know your favorites =) and check back here tomorrow to see the five worst serials by the production house.

by admin in Uncategorized Tags: a&b production dramas

4 Comments

1. Ahmed
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 09:10:32

Without Qaid e Tanhai is list is uncomplete… The best serial ever…
    According to me (from a&b)
    1. Qaid e Tanhai
    2. Main Chand Si
    3. Thakan
    4. Jahez
    5. JCTJSGG

2. shadab
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 10:11:22

meri zaat zarra e benishaan hona chahye
    qaid e tanhai to flop tha…

3. khursheed shah
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 11:24:55

More interested in the worst list!

4. ayesha
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 14:24:18

Thakan should be included in A&B best serials.
    For me,list should be like this :
    1.Thakan (My most favorite show.I just love it because of Tauqeer Nasir.Waiting for his more shows).
    2.Roag (Very touching story, screenplay and wonderful acting).
    3.Maye ni (Full of emotions.Super story and actors).
    4.Jahez (Terrifying and true picture of our society).
    5.Kis din mera vyah .. season 1( Season 1 jitna acha tha, season 2 utna hi fazool tha).
    I don't like Main chand si and I haven't watch Mera saien and Diya jalay.

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetcharms thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Roag is my fav its worth-watching
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whoops I haven't seen any of these so would love to get the opinion of the forum members on these ones.
sweetcharms thumbnail
u should watch roag 😊
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Whoops I haven't seen any of these so would love to get the opinion of the forum members on these ones.

me too haven't seen any of these apart from Main chaand si.
honestly speaking, A&B's serials just dont click with me..They have same set of cast which they repeat in every other serial & the sets are also same. i'm bored & sick of watching same house in every other drama. Their stories most of the time are far from reality esp the soaps, some of the serials are an exception though. But overall, i avoid watching most of things that comes from the banner of A&B's prodcution.
Edited by Usman. - 11 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Roag is the only one I've seen outta these and I loved it! 😳
Usually, A&B serials tend to be the same and all, nothing new to look fwd too, but I liked Roag..
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Usman, Charms and Fari thanks for the info. From the description above it sounds very depressing and difficult to digest. I am pretty open-minded so maybe I will think about giving it a try.

What type of reactions did the drama elicit from you guys? Was it purposefully controversial or was it trying to give a social message?
sweetcharms thumbnail

Usman, Charms and Fari thanks for the info. From the description above it sounds very depressing and difficult to digest. I am pretty open-minded so maybe I will think about giving it a try.

What type of reactions did the drama elicit from you guys? Was it purposefully controversial or was it trying to give a social message?

the story revolves around a child girl whose name was Nimra .her father went to abroad to earn his living ,her mother paid no attention towards her children ,this carelessness resulted into the terrible incident ...the victim was the youngest daughter  nimra ...after that incident  nimra lost her self-respect'
 ...her family members turned their nose at nimra except her mother and one sister ...
this drama was very touching and sentimental 😭i used to shudder at the thoughts of the people 😭they didnt care about the feelings of the girl who was in such a terrible state...this drama was somehow controversial ,that we should disagree about the  harsh attitude of the people towards an innocent ...we should refrain from  taunts and  bothering ...
i used to weep while watching this drama ,totally appalled about whats going to happen next 

Taify thumbnail
Here r the reviews

Roag
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1760181

MeiN Chaand Si
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2693114

Maaye Ni
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1953802
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I have not seen Roag but i've heard quite a few good things about it from many people. I've heard it was a controversial serial since it tackled with a very sensitive issue of child abuse.