Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

So many platforms...what's the purpose? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

sushrutapandey

sushrutapandey

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
There are too many good singers and not that many opportunities. The same goes for top levels of any art based industry. So, imo, by now anyone who goes for these shows should have realistic expectations of where they might end up. Success is largely a matter of luck and being at the right place at the right time. The fact that this is a business venture for the TV channels is also to be factored. To gain even the amount of limelight these kids get is a lot. After that, it's a matter of their continued desire to be successful and how lucky they get.Neither the audience nor the singers should expect any more out of it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDabulls23tulipbaby53

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So many platforms...what's the purpose? (Page 2)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kavmuks

Goldie

kavmuks

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Can't agree more with music-a-muse..

The reason are stage shows and lack of Riyaz.. reduced time of span for fame , quick fame, money , need … fear of being left out in the race … many of them .. and unfortunately our shows fail to select good talent also.. they praise talent overboard and not prove try music based feedback… 

I am glad this year things are different… 

see any music show with older participants ' you won't feel like listening to them'  they will choose bouncy numbers and try to perform as dancer than as singer..  

Most of them become wedding singers or new year party singer, dandy, ganesh chaturthi, singers.. 

It is sad but then .. the one who really works hard stands out ' Sunidhi and Shreya .. Shekhar or Vishal Shekher 

Edited by kavmuks - 03 November 2012 at 10:54pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musetulipbaby53

preetie

Goldie

preetie

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
I agree there are way too many platforms. I still think it is good thing. I look at Canada and not much happening here where anyone talented can get exposure. At the end of the day, battle is not over once these kids have participated in this competition. They need to work even more hard to get ahead because there is so much choice that competition is getting tough. It gives these kids alot more than just exposure. It is confidence and experience that they will have for rest of their lives. I love the fact as a audience I get to see to enjoy talent of these young kids. I was watching india's got talent and it was amazing to see 7 year old girl dance like a pro.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musedesicrowdtulipbaby53Dabulls23

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Preetie

Weren't Sumant-Sonali the best...Awesome jodi dancing fantastically Clap

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sushrutapandey

There are too many good singers and not that many opportunities. The same goes for top levels of any art based industry. So, imo, by now anyone who goes for these shows should have realistic expectations of where they might end up. Success is largely a matter of luck and being at the right place at the right time. The fact that this is a business venture for the TV channels is also to be factored. To gain even the amount of limelight these kids get is a lot. After that, it's a matter of their continued desire to be successful and how lucky they get.Neither the audience nor the singers should expect any more out of it.

You do have a good point, about the participants needing to be realistic about the results in participating in these competitions (they may get work or they may not). 

I also do agree that the exposure that they get is more than many others. It is blessing for them to have the opportunity to showcase their talent even if they couldn't do what they wanted to with it. It's more than many others who are so talented, but they are not able to participate for various reason.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sushrutapandeymusic-a-museDabulls23

preetie

Goldie

preetie

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Preetie

Weren't Sumant-Sonali the best...Awesome jodi dancing fantastically Clap

OMG. I actually watched them 5 times on utube. I just couldnt get over how good they were. Every time I see kids like Sumant Sonali and say wow as if this is it. Then I see another amazing kid from another show. Jeet, OM, list goes on and on. I must admit I was one lazy kid. LOLLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavmuks

Can't agree more with music-a-muse..

The reason are stage shows and lack of Riyaz.. reduced time of span for fame , quick fame, money , need ' fear of being left out in the race ' many of them .. and unfortunately our shows fail to select good talent also.. they praise talent overboard and not prove try music based feedback' 

I am glad this year things are different' 

see any music show with older participants ' you won't feel like listening to them'  they will choose bouncy numbers and try to perform as dancer than as singer..  

Most of them become wedding singers or new year party singer, dandy, ganesh chaturthi, singers.. 

It is sad but then .. the one who really works hard stands out ' Sunidhi and Shreya .. Shekhar or Vishal Shekher 

@ Bold: More than hard work, it's also luck. It's a combination of passion to fight for your goal and luck.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.