Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

India-Forums

So many platforms...what's the purpose?

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
I love watching musical reality shows, but it really pains me to see some much good talent and not hear much about them after the show is over. Let me just take Indian musical shows as an example. We have Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Little Champs, Indian Idol, Star Voice of India, Chote Ustaad, X Factor, Fame Gurukul, Waar Parivaar, Surkeshetra, etc... (These are just the ones I have watched. I'm sure there are more.) Then there are shows that use popular reality show contestants like Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar and Music Ka Maha Muquabula.

What really happens to majority of these contestants? Most of them do not really have much work after the show is over. Some of the more popular ones might do some stage shows, release an album, and if they are really lucky, get a movie song. Some even try to go into music directing.

However, how helpful are these shows to the contestants participating? Is there any point in having so many platforms when the opportunities for success are so few? Also, as audience members, how do feel these reality shows can be of better use for the contestants? Do you feel that these shows are just giving false hopes to these contestants who are hoping to make their dreams come true?

I know there have been some success stories like in the case of Shreya Ghoshal, but how feasible is it for everyone to achieve the success she has received? 

I don't know, but I just feel that there should just be one or two musical reality shows maximum. I feel there's too much talent being discovered and not even opportunities available. The judges should really help build the contestant's careers by giving them the right advices for being successful in the industry.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Valid point.

First, most of these contestants invariably are busy doing stage shows. good enough.

Some of them do think  they have reached exalted status appearing on these shows, esp once they reach top 10. riyaz goes flying out of the window. Too much fame and they start spinning in the stratoshphere.  This is especially true of child stars, unless they have parents who have their feet firmly tethered to the ground.

Too many shows and merry-go- round is expected to happen.

The judges very very rarely give honest judgement and guide them properly.

If a musical layman, like me, can make out  shoddy judgements and unwarranted praise, imagine the contestant s feelings.

Chances in music industry will be less. When we have music directors/judges wielding the megaphone, where do these contestants stand a chance?

May be a song or two or may be more, mostly inconsequential.

Where does it leave the contestants?

i think they should be happy with the exposure on TV and move on being happy doing what they can and getSmile

Edited by music-a-muse - 03 November 2012 at 11:31am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowdtulipbaby53Dabulls23

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Yeah, but it's really sad because so many of these people come (and some are so young) with the hopes that they can become a singer, but so many of them try here and there after the reality show, then they have to go back home in disappointment. I just really wished these judges would really mentor some of the extremely talented and rare finds from the shows. I know it's hard to help everyone, but there some that are really extraordinary, but I don't hear about them much after the show. 

music-a-muse

music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Yeah, but it's really sad because so many of these people come (and some are so young) with the hopes that they can become a singer, but so many of them try here and there after the reality show, then they have to go back home in disappointment. I just really wished these judges would really mentor some of the extremely talented and rare finds from the shows. I know it's hard to help everyone, but there some that are really extraordinary, but I don't hear about them much after the show. 

It takes a very large hearted and confident person to do that. Unfortunately, the truth is it is a very small field  and most of them are very insecure and like kids.They want to retain their position and rarely like anyone else to threaten what they have achieved. Very few realise  theres always space for everyone.

tulipbaby53

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
One good thing comes out of these shows is  kids getting exposure..They get to do road shows in India and abroad..Which gives them some income better than none..Not everyone is really extra oridinary or lucky enough to get into industry to sing.  But even getting one or two chances is better than none..Who you know and luck , which genre shongs are popular at particular time plays bigger part then being an awesome singer these days...

These days we have alot more genres or type of songs which  are given to new comers...We have alot more singers than handful that India had before.

I agree with you both TB and MAM...RIyaz does go out of the window with most of them as road shows take toll as well as fame gets to their little heads..At the end of the day they may not get hindi songs but do get into regional songs to sing..

Also agree on judges not always giving true judgements and guidance..Constructive criticism is very important...Hoping they are getting it on backstage...Than again we have some mediocre judges on panel...They are there judging as they don't have any singing contracts either... Be it singers or MDs..For them it is money making job to judge. ..  I am being honest here.

Not speaking of any of the judges on SRGMP 2012 panel...In general.

This time we have some really good singers just like each contest have had some very talented contestants..

Q abt will another one be as successful as Shreya???  Time and era is different...When Shreya came, Sunidhi came times were different compared to almost 2013..

Excellent topic ...

Edited by Dabulls23 - 03 November 2012 at 11:53am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mdroyshunu6music-a-musetulipbaby53

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by music-a-muse

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

It takes a very large hearted and confident person to do that. Unfortunately, the truth is it is a very small field  and most of them are very insecure and like kids.They want to retain their position and rarely like anyone else to threaten what they have achieved. Very few realise  theres always space for everyone.

That is true. They feel that if they give opportunities to so many people that they might not find work. What they forget is, if no one gave them a chance, then they would not have been known either.

Dabulls23

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
@ DB23: You also do bring up some good points. 

They do get good exposure, and I do agree with that. They get some money from touring, but that's their dream or ultimate goal. They came to be singers and make their own songs; not just sing other singers' songs.

Yes, the time was different when singers like Shreya Ghoshal and Sunidhi came. They came when there was only one platform for serious singers to come on. The judges judging were different people who really valued good talent and wanted their success. The moral value of people is changing a lot too.

Dabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Insecurities, Power struggle and Ego trips stops some from giving newcomers a chance...One has to be confident with their talent not to get scared with competition..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shunu6tulipbaby53

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index