Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

ronit out of kassauti and kyunki

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Two of the biggest names in male category have said goodbye to Balaji. Just a few days back, Rajeev Khandelwal walked out on differences with them. Now it's Ronit Roy, finds Vickey Lalwani.

Ronit 'brave' Roy: defying the soap queen!

When Ekta put her foot down saying that Ronit would have to choose between her Kasautii... and Goswami's Sarrkkar, many thought that Ronit would stick to Ekta Kapoor who gave him so much on television. But Ronit has surprisingly decided to say goodbye to both Balaji shows- Kasautii... and Kyunki....

Says Roy, "I have resigned from both the shows. It was not an easy decision to take. Both the shows made me a household name- Mihir Virani and Mr Bajaj. I have also sacrificed a fat pay packet. But I think I did what was morally and ethically correct."

Morally and ethically correct? Could he please elaborate? "It's a long story. I will speak when the dust settles down," he replied in a very low voice.

We hear, Mihir Virani's accident is being shot very soon. Ronit does not beat around the bush, "Yes, you have heard it right." What happens next? Does he die in Kyunki...? Or will we have the fourth Mihir Virani, plastic surgery zindabad? "I can't let out the story. That would be a blow on the creatives," he quips rather
professionally.

What is the reason behind the spat? According to reports, when Ronit signed up for Sarrkaar, he assured Ekta that it was going to be a weekly and he would be able to give time for both Kyunki... and Kasautii... Also, he told her that the time slot for Sarrkaar would not clash with Kasautii... Little did he realise that the committments would did not live up as promised.

When contacted, Ekta said, "It is entirely Ronit's decision. In fact, he has not even spoke to me about it, as yet. If he wants to leave, he is free to do so. If he wants to stay back, he is welcome. But I will not tolerate him doing Sarrkkar."Kyunki... Creative Head, Shivangi, is frank and forthright. "We have still not decided on who to get in his place. We are working on it," she informs.

Ronit and Neelam

We have also heard, that Mr Bajaj will slip into coma. "I don't know anything on Kasautii... as yet. Let's see what happens to Bajaj."

Kasauti... Creative Head, Shipra, expresses inability to divulge details. "As of now, I have not yet received an official information that Ronit will cease to be a part of Kasautii...," she points out.

Interestingly, Ronit is going on leave from 15 May. "Will both the characters be culminated before that?" "I have no clue. I will only be back after my wife delivers her first baby (Ronit's second). She has been going to the gynaecologist since the past months, all alone. It's time I be very close to her at least now."

Ronit's first child (daughter) wants a baby girl. And what about Ronit? Does he want a son? "I don't 'want' a son. But yes, if I get a son, I would feel that the family is complete," he affords a smile at last.

Ronit, who began his career by acting in a film Jaan Tere Naam, is married to Neelam Singh, a Rajput who began her career in modeling. She participated in 'Femina Look of the year' in 1995 after which she was a regular on the ramp. She also did a few television serials like Saans, Koshish Ek Asha. He met Neelam at a friend's party four years ago. The marriage took place on 25 December, 2003. This is Ronit's second marriage. His 12 year old daughter lives with her mother in the US. Ronit also runs a security agency, Ace Security & Protection which he started during a low phase, early in his acting career.

When contacted, Manish Goswami refused to comment on Ronit's decision.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Okay friends of this forum I am ready to help you out also. Those who want ronit to stay back or want to send protest message to Ekta can start a topic like we did in the KTH forum. I'll in turn collect the messages and send them to Ekta.

sujalfan.

Ronit thumbnail
Oh that's so sweet of u man your really really sweet Sujalfan but this news is false coz few dayz back there was a news that ronit is out of sarkaar and has choosen kyunki and kasautii and now this is news is there that he has choosen sarkaar so it's not decided yet which show he's going to choose these are all dalse statements as far as i know
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

No I think this time it's true...... You'll probably get to see it tomorrow in midday also......

preity*zinta thumbnail
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww i hope itz nah tru... i dun want ronit roy to leave kyunki...
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kyunki..... won't be the same without Ronit😭 I'll miss him.
iruaG thumbnail

btw, I think he has made a wise decision, Sarrkaar looks like a very intelligent serial and has a fresh concept.👏 The first episode was aired in the US yesterday. Ekta's serials are meant for harebrained people.  (no offense please).

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i got this article form indiantelevision wesite and thats a pretty reliable source,i cud post the link if u want
bhangra rulez thumbnail
ya! sarrkar is a way better show than ekta's shows!
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ thumbnail
awww!! he can't leave!!😭