Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mcdreamy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: anaad

i agree, but it is possible if Zoya doesn't know about Aryaan's plan

I was just pondering over that LOL but I wasn't sure! Maybe you're right but then that's just making a mockery out of religion :| and plus why would Zoya even agree to marry Asad 🤔 too many twists lol 😆
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: DejaVu.

Yeah its not allowed to say anything offensive about the religion and its rituals but this is just so horrible for the women to get married to someone else to get married to her first husband. Crazy law.  

Actually the law appears to be odd on the surface...but there is deeper logic and protection in there for a woman.

In Islam divorce is frowned upon, but permissible by God.

Imagine a man who declares talaq 3 times thereby divorcing his wife.  Then deciding...for whatever reasons...

I was drunk...
I was angry...
We had a fight...
Oh no the proprerty is in her name, etc..

I want her back...so he takes her back...then when the next time he's upset...he divorces her again...and again...and again.

Marriage is a very serious institution and commitment in Isalm.  To break it is not a joke...and one must think a thousand times before doing so.

So yes there is a provision..that the woman if divorced by her husband...she should be let go with dignity and allowed to carry on a new life and fresh start...And not be constantly hung in limbo and yo-yo back and forth between her parents or guardians home at the will or mood of her husband.

If you look at it...this is a safeguard against abusing a woman's rights.

Resolutions between husband and wife can be made...but it needs to be done before the 3rd talaq is declared...period.

Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Actually the law appears to be odd on the surface...but there is deeper logic and protection in there for a woman.

In Islam divorce is frowned upon, but permissible by God.

Imagine a man who declares talaq 3 times thereby divorcing his wife.  Then deciding...for whatever reasons...

I was drunk...
I was angry...
We had a fight...
Oh no the proprerty is in her name, etc..

I want her back...so he takes her back...then when the next time he's upset...he divorces her again...and again...and again.

Marriage is a very serious institution and commitment in Isalm.  To break it is not a joke...and one must think a thousand times before doing so.

So yes there is a provision..that the woman if divorced by her husband...she should be let go with dignity and allowed to carry on a new life and fresh start...And not be constantly hung in limbo and yo-yo back and forth between her parents or guardians home at the will or mood of her husband.

If you look at it...this is a safeguard against abusing a woman's rights.

Resolutions between husband and wife can be made...but it needs to be done before the 3rd talaq is declared...period.

I am not going to argue with you about this law and your religion. But I don't think this law is any way to safe guard women's right. For eg what if her second husband whom she married just to get back with the first ,abuses ,rapes and finally murders her. Then where does the question of getting back come?

I am sorry I don't want to continue this argument further,maybe I might disrespect the religion ,which I never intended to do.  
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Originally posted by: DejaVu.

I am not going to argue with you about this law and your religion. But I don't think this law is any way to safe guard women's right. For eg what if her second husband whom she married just to get back with the first ,abuses ,rapes and finally murders her. Then where does the question of getting back come?

I am sorry I don't want to continue this argument further,maybe I might disrespect the religion ,which I never intended to do.  

You're not supposed to use this provision with the sole intention of getting back to the first husband...😆

Rather...It's to help the woman move on with a new life. 

But if for some reason her new marriage ends in divorce or if she becomes a widow.  Then she's free to marry anyone else...even if it is a previous husband...get it?  If not...then ya...I guess it's best to leave it.

If people use this law for their own devious purposes...then I guess they'll get what's coming to them...if not in this life then the next.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: KulfiBai

I know Asad and Zoya will end up together. But still, the Ayaan-Zoya temporary marriage track doesn't sit well with me. Moreover I CANNOT imagine Zoya even agreeing to marry that TEENAGER in the first place!

I agree! I am not sure why they have to make things so complicated. Instead they should just have Zoya go to Asad.

When things like this happen in shows, what usually happens is the viewers want the two leads together, the ones that are originally suppose to be together at the end. However, CV's create their twist and make the female lead and second male lead fall in love, get them married or ready to get married but then boom something happens and the female lead is no longer going to be with the second male lead, but at this point the viewers are in love with the pair of the female lead with second male lead, yet still the CV's don't care and get the original couple to become one and people are angry. Why can't they skip this process and go straight to the point and have the people who are meant to be together fall in love.

Anyways, still love this show. Second episode and I am already hooked! Very new and refreshing.

Riya
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Originally posted by: princessonline

[I agree! I am not sure why they have to make things so complicated. Instead they should just have Zoya go to Asad.

When things like this happen in shows, what usually happens is the viewers want the two leads together, the ones that are originally suppose to be together at the end. However, CV's create their twist and make the female lead and second male lead fall in love, get them married or ready to get married but then boom something happens and the female lead is no longer going to be with the second male lead, but at this point the viewers are in love with the pair of the female lead with second male lead, yet still the CV's don't care and get the original couple to become one and people are angry. Why can't they skip this process and go straight to the point and have the people who are meant to be together fall in love.

Anyways, still love this show. Second episode and I am already hooked! Very new and refreshing.

Riya

Hi Riya...I agree...I would love for Zoya to go straight to Asad...but then it would be a very short-lived drama wouldn't it...😆
KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Hi Riya...I agree...I would love for Zoya to go straight to Asad...but then it would be a very short-lived drama wouldn't it...😆

But they could have a love-hate thing going on...I know it's cliche and over-used, but they could put a twist in it ðŸ˜Š
FireSafireFiree thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
WHAT?
seriously?
i really need to study my religion now... LOL
seriously?

but than again.. why would you do such stupid stuff to get divorce at first place? ... i mean if a marriage break once than there is high chance it will break again... LOL..
so understandable...

now to zoya.. please don't consummate with ayaan.. LOL...

only with ASAD...

& if they do this twist... i am highly against it.. it suppose to be emotional journey.. maybe some odd reason they can be togather... not bcs of this reason..

the reason is there for ONLY if that happens.. this story deserves way better...
Edited by FIRESafiReFIRE - 11 years ago
Twinkle_bella thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yh i am muslim too and this comment is valid in the post. Lets see what they story has in store for us an i am excited and love asad and zoya loe story dont really like zoya and ayaan pair
I hope this clicks with Indian Audience as the majority are not Muslims and won't relate to it.