Debate Mansion

Debate of the Day: Good vs Evil (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 5:51am | IP Logged
"The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means." - Oscar Wilde

I don't know if any1 has noticed, but, 'Live' spelt backwards spells 'Evil'.
I believe this is what we should look closely at. It is how each of us live individually that create good or evil effects.

Conflicts heavily arise between good and evil. These conflicts can be extremely realistic or notably exaggerated. They both represent two powers that involve different emotions within your heart. Through common stories, good and evil are portrayed through protagonist and antagonist view, creating morals and opinions.

The first thing I think of when I hear "good vs. evil" would be a fairy tale. As in most fairy tales, there is always a good guy and a bad guy.

Significant morals and opinions are shown in stories made up of good and evil. Teachers have their students read fairy tales at a young age to teach morals of everyday life. For instance, in Beauty and the Beast, a strong moral is placed. The author made it clear that "you should not judge a person by the way they look." Another example of morals in good versus evil epics could be Cinderella, where the evil stepsisters learn that being cruel can come back in the long run to haunt you.

But, at the end of the day it is up to the individual because differed opinions generate varying opinions of what is good or evil.
A basic set of values could be enough to carry one through life without incurring "karmic debts". If one were that way inclined. Good vs evil to me is not a religious thing, it is about doing the best that one can do to live according to morals. As I said above, it is up 2 the individual 2 look at the way u live and evaluate what u r doing... is it good? or Bad?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate of the Day: Good vs Evil (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Great topic

Good Vs. Evil

If we think about it by looking at the outer surface, then instantly the thought of evil will totally be shut out of thought. But if we try to look inside things that may seem truthful and righteous, it contains lots of evil tasks that had to be done to make something happen.

For this new generation, the era of helping each other out is a thing of the past. Now, you're solo, and you have to run this race alone. This kind of thinking works in lots of things that help people earn a name.

Take Lataji and Ashaji for example (my mom told me this)... they used to manipulate music directors and hint them that they'll only sing for them if they get signed for all of their albums. Because of that, some very good voices were left behind. I'm not trying to be against Lataji or Ashaji in any way at all, but this is a truth. By doing some "evil" things, they somehow pulled out their own justice.

If everyone, till now, had been soft-spoken and truthful and didnt go through any "evil" tasks, then no one would've gotten anywhere. So my main point is that if you really want to get somewhere and deliver benefit to yourself as well as some others, you have to be a bit evil to get where you'd like to.

dalals

dalals

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Hi
Between Good vs Evil, Good should always persist. As for the TV serial, pardon my language but they are all BS, especially Ekta Kapoor serials. I am a mother of a teenage daughter and I am strongly against what they have been showing in the serial these days. I do not know if anyone is thinking about the impact of these serials on young minds. There is too much hatred, conniving, malice in each and every family, which I find ridiculous. You all have families, do you all go through what you are seeing in the serials?
I agree there need to be some dramatization to make it interesting, but they way they are going these days is absolutely non-sense. Also they are promoting a lot of promiscuity. I have left India 17 years back, so am not familiar with the current generation. But at least I have not heard of anyone marrying and divorcing and marrying again and divorcing again and...... from any of my friends or family.

What do you think, may be we need to start a topic on impact of today's TV serials in young minds?
SD

Edited by dalals - 07 July 2006 at 2:55pm

stiletto

Goldie

stiletto

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
According to me, it really depends on who is on the evil side and who belongs to the good side. the strength, determination, will, intelligence etc of ppl matters alot. you might be out to do good for other ppl but what if the other person is stronger than you? has better resources?
Also as far as i have noticed, the good side is always more tolerant and sacrificing.these qualities are admirable but are they always effective?
Another thing that is extremely important is luck and opportunities! really sometimes you just need luck on your side to win the war!

Raindrop

Goldie

Raindrop

Posted: 08 July 2006 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Hmm Interesting Debate,
I Think When You Look at The World Now and The World Before There Has Been Many Situations Where Evil Has Triumped Good And Has Changed History.
But When You Look at The World Now, The World Has Been Turned Into a Small and Cruel Place Where Now People Only Think About Themselves...On the Other Hand If There Wasn't Any Good In this World..This World Be In the Dogs Right Now.
Well You Can't Really Say What Is The More...Out of those Two.
But If You Mean Ektas Serials, Its Obviously Going to Be Evil Because In Some Ridiculous Situations Its Always The Evil Succeeding..But Thank God Something Good Always Happens In The End.
By The Way, Tulsi Only Came Back..Because Without Tulsi Kyunkis Nothing Without Her..Ekta Only Got her back because of the ratings... Wink
Theres alot Of Injustice In this World, Unfortunately Some People These Days would rather Believe Outsiders Than Their Own Loved Ones..Its Rather Unbelieveable How People are Stuck Into These Situations Because Somebody Telling You Lies for their Own Greed.
Selfishness, Greed, Jealousy etc...In THAT BAD WAY IS EVIL!
And I count those all those things to be evil...but they're ok if they're Mild & Minor..We are Human Beings We can't Hide our Feelings or The Way We Feel...

Okk...Thats all I can say atm about this, I'll Update When I can Think Of Something Else to say... LOL

Good Topic Once Again...Makes You Think!
Clap

Anjali

Edited by Raindrop - 08 July 2006 at 2:58pm

got2go2go

Goldie

got2go2go

Posted: 08 July 2006 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
i agree that yes good always win over evil but for everything there is a time so if u say that tulsi wasted her 20 yrs, what i will say is that no not exactly but she still wasted these yrs living away from her family because of the truth.but the good part is that she spended all these yrs praying. coming back to the topic shows try to show stuff easier when it actually is not and the other part in our world right now i don't think somebody is so into truth as much we see people in shows. but i am not saying that there is nobody like that. maybe there r few people but few not alot.the only time i will say that leaving ur family for 20 yrs is kind of stupid but i mean its a show so who cares about it.

Prarara

Groupbie

Prarara

Posted: 11 July 2006 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Good and evil, like right and wrong, are only relevant to the observer; it is up to the conscience of the person to believe something is good and evil. But let me ask you this, can you find me a universal right-o-meter or good-o-meter? If it is truly universal then good and evil do indeed exist, if not, then it is again simply relative.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top