Debate Mansion

Debate of the Day: Good vs Evil (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

ruby89

Goldie

ruby89

Saat Phere Jodi #3

Posted: 05 July 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
AMAZING topic Clap

My view:

There is always a fight of good VS evil. I think its pretty hard to get justice, because even if its 1 out of a 1000 people, ther will always be someone who says the negitive. Yea media potrays that good always wins over evil... but i think its up to us to decide that, its our thinking capibilities and our mind that makes "GODD" and "BAD" for us. or else ther wouldn't be things that happen. there wouldn't be poeple saying racial comments etc... I dont think there is a line... or will there ever be. COurts might have their line.. country has thiers... but the people have thier OWN lines drawn to what is right or wrong or in this case good or evil. Its up to us to see the GOOD and EVIL and to improve it to have a better place to live in and so justice can be given to the innocient onez

-Ruby

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate of the Day: Good vs Evil (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tabu7

Goldie

Tabu7

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 3:38am | IP Logged

to be honest it really depends on the the person you are standing against!

if you are on a good side, than really, it depends on the actual purpose of your oposition! because on both sides each person thinks they are right! i mean a person does not just come up and stand against you without a reason! their must be a reason behind it,

just take kumkum as an example: antara has decided to ruin the family just because she was not treated well by other members of the family, thought she is not right but to her she thinks she is right!

however, sometimes in  TV its just exageration but real life does not follow the same tactic!

true that sometimes evil does win over good but i believe 'what goes around comes around!' if the person has committed sins surely he/she will pay for it!

true its not worth waiting for 20 years for justice, but may be at some point the person has made a mistake! and thats what they are paying for! if they are showing in ksbkbt they were not at fault but are still suffering, than this is just a show, not reality!

however ther wil be times in life when unexpected things might happend, but i guess sometimes you have to except your destiny.

after all Everything is ok in the end, if its not ok than its not the end! Embarrassed

Edited by tabassumz - 06 July 2006 at 3:56am

mans

IF-Rockerz

mans

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Well I never took part in IF debates before but let me try this one Smile

As such there is no formal defination of good or evil ..It may vary from person to person ..what you think is good other might think evil and vice versa...

Sometimes you get confused with good and evil ..simple example is if you know Karna from they great epic Mahabharta ...he was fighting for his friend bcoz his friend stood for him when he needed most but same time he was fighting against good peoples ...so he was good as well as evil same time .

Movie and TV serials always show Good wins over evil and they have too ..whole life we hear , read that good wins over evil and that might be the reason for so many good poeple around us Tongue They can't show evil wins then everyone wanna be evil LOL Even if they shows some evil or bad stuff like antihero kinda thing still they will show he is winning over more evil peoples.

Well they say good guys always win ..I hope so and I belive in that too ...one thing is for sure good things happen to good peoples Smile

One more thing we see bad peoples and thats why we know the value of good poeples ...so in that case we need evil otherwise how will we know who is good.Well let me stop or I will keep writing and then you might show me how to comment on evil post in good way LOL

Edited by mans - 06 July 2006 at 12:21pm

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Firstly, these Indian television dramas are NOT the yardstick of reality....I havent, seen any conniving vamps in workaday life who machinate plot after plot to settle their old vendetta Dead ..Most of these hindi serials have a far-fetched storyline,miles away from reality...It isnt really necessary to don a salwar kameez to be the girl next door kind,similarly one doesnt need to wear contacts/smirk as regular as clockwork to be evil LOL

Mostly,every situation in real life is a grey one,and the line between right and wrong is blurred..There are certain cases when humans very brutally assault someone,or use their guile to turn situations in their favour(as in the corporate world)....Such cases can be called "EVIL" ones

"Eventually justice prevails" is a cliche, it all depends on karma and destiny...In some cases, Justice prevails,in some cases it doesnt...Who said life is fair? It isnt!Watching a rabble-rousing movie like Rang De Basanthi is cool, but who really has the guts and gumption to take the law in their hands...We would be behind bars pronto LOL

We can at the most try our best to be a good human being,be honest,respect our elders and our roots, and now go wayward

ramya_ss

ramya_ss

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
well Good wins over evil always is only in the epics.. this does not really happen in real life most of the time..

linn

Groupbie

linn

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Like Buffie said "Indian dramas are not the yard stick for reality". Too true. There is a bit of truth in them but they do exagerate the evil verses the good bit. In real life good always triumphs over evil. U might think evil is winning but it is not. What ever we do in life the karma always follows us. If U do good you have good vibes arround U and always get the breaks. Like our scriptures say U always pay for your deeds, in this life or in the future. Life is what U make of it. The real evil in this life is the cruelty people show other people. Who do not have a concious and r very selfish. When a person has to choose between good and evil, U might have noticed, that the easy path is always the evil or wrong one. Take a easy way out and u will always later realise that the good choice might have been difficult but in the long run it's always the most beneficial and right one. In the long run good always triumphs over evil.
Smile Smile

Edited by linn - 06 July 2006 at 6:28pm

dilsharn

Goldie

dilsharn

Posted: 06 July 2006 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
its worth it.. because at the end of the long wait you get chapar par gay khushi
umeed se buhat dhoogna

sabhar ka puhla meehta hota hai

Smile

hongray

Groupbie

hongray

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 3:38am | IP Logged
I think the debate is relevant only if you apply it to yourself. You cannot change the world, you cannot change environment; the only thing you can control is your own actions. Finally, it matters if you believe in YOUR OWN good thoughts, good actions - not for glory but for your own happiness.

If more of us apply 'GOODNESS' to our own lives, rather than seeking 'evil' outside ourselves, I believe we can certainly affect the environment, if not change the world.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top