Ramayan

~|| Neil Bhatt /Lakshman Appreciation Thread 3 ||~ (Page 133)

Post Reply New Post

Page 133 of 150

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by manzilmukul

Tongue

thanks piu the siggy is awesome i love themCry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.manzilmukulnneeiill

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~|| Neil Bhatt /Lakshman Appreciation Thread 3 ||~ (Page 133)" in Ramayan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]
look at the side glance of lakshmanji i m gonna miss their charmsCry

Stalwart.manzilmukulnneeiill

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Vashishta kund :
 vashishta village is 3 kms from Manali on the other side of the river Beas, the place is known for. Vashisht hot water springs or Vashishta kund... its believed tht lord lakshman created this kund for his guru vashishta
the legend is tht after killing meghnanth lakshmana came to rishikesh for peace of mind rishi vashista was staying in serene atmosphere of himalaya lord lakshmana decided to pay a visit to guru vashishta while staying with vashishtji lakshmanji saw his guru going a long distance for his bath in the river beas which was far away from the village...in order to overcome this inconvinence laskhman shot an arrow and where the arrow struck the ground hot water oozed out lakshman folded his hands and poiltely requested  guru vashishta to take bath in this kund ...guru vashishta looked at it and said laskhman i understand ur love and dedication for me but i m a sage and seeking comforts is not my aim i cant take the luxuries of hot water bath in himalayas i m use to cold water of river beas lakshman than shot an arrow and form an another cold water kund nearby and said "guru vashishta here i have created cold water kund for u but allow me to infuse some of the hot water in it accept it as my token of love and respect"...and from the  small pool (kund as in Vashisht kund) springs out hot sulphur rich water over flow in to cold water and the toruists consider this structureas unique example of turkish water bath or a moder jacuzzi...there are two temples nearby one dedicated to guru vashishta and in other idol of ram sita and lakshmanji is established

vashishta kund the smaller kund contains hot water

vashishta temple
Vashist Kund is a natural sulphur ring at Manali.
ram temple near vashishta kund
vashishta village where lord laskhman stayed with sage vashishta and created the kund

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

superdil19Stalwart.nneeiillmanzilmukul

superdil19

Goldie

superdil19

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:38am | IP Logged
wow heaven place

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Stalwart.manzilmukul

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
@arti...really wonderful ..amazing it is infact !!!!

I think there is one vashisht kund in ayodhya too

Vashisht kund:-
Now this Maharishi Vashisht Ashram is known as the Vashisht Kund. Vashisht Kund is a temple with a small round kund (pond) like a well.This is a beautiful temple which signifies the place where the 4 princes came to do gurukula vasa. That is, the 4 princes stayed here, at the Vashisht hermitage, to study. In fact so did all the kings before rama. The temple has lovely images of Vashisht and young Rama and his brothers which are almost life like. Looking at them one can actually imagine the 4 princes sitting around their Guru and learning. They look so eager to get on with their learning. At the basement of the main murti are multiple other murti's of Saptarishi, Vashisht with his wife Arundhathi, Kamadhenu cow, Hanuman, etc. When you come out of this underground temple are into an open courtyard, there are steps that go further down to a water tank. The miracle is that the water level in this tank changes with the water inflow into the river Sarayu. There is no direct visible connection to the river yet the tank is influenced by how much water the Sarayu carries. This small tank which can be seen from the top. It is a very serene and calm place. The fruit of bathing in the kund is the attainment of knowledge like Vashisht Maharishi according to the prevalent belief of the seers.

Brahmarishi Vashisht was the Guru of the Solar Dynasty [Suryavansha]. The King at that time was King Ishvaku who was the king of Ayodhya. He was a noble king and thought of the well being of his subjects. He approached Sage Vashista telling him that the land had no water and requested him to do something to let the kingdom have adequate water. Sage Vashisht performed a special prayer and the river Saryu is said to have started flowing from this well. Saryu is also known as Ishvaki and Vashishti. It is said that the well is connected underground with the river. Many spiritual people who visit this ashram find an enormous spiritual energy around this well. It is one of the seven famous spiritual Tirath's for hindus to attain moksha or liberation, as it is written in the Garud Purana that Ayodhya, Mathura, Maya [Haridwar], Kasi [Benares], Kanchi [Kanchipuram in south India], Avantika [Ujjain], Puri Dvaravati[Dwarika] are the seven Moksha or liberation giver cities.

superdil19Stalwart.manzilmukul

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
sarayu river is also called as netr dhar as  it is believed to be originated from Lord Vishnu's Kamal nayan

Edited by nneeiill - 22 November 2012 at 9:04am

superdil19Stalwart.manzilmukul

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged
oh boy ! neilu u are really doing PHD on lakshmanji...ClapClapClap..lovely info Clapand the uniqueness of this kund is tht hot water flows into  the cold water and gave the pleasure of natural jacozzi here  is the pic ihttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=vashishta+kund&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=965&bih=583&tbm=isch&tbnid=dnkp1PexPb2UoM:&imgrefurl=http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oMhMqTRSgOMfzyfLSFab-Q&docid=r55IYEMt-p5fTM&imgurl=http://lh5.ggpht.com/-blCMVRTSoUI/SgnbXXyCTdI/AAAmqI/sjN2AO7UaIc/DSC06852.JPG&w=384&h=512&ei=lWeuUIKTI9GHrAevrYDgBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=214&vpy=204&dur=720&hovh=225&hovw=171&tx=88&ty=252&sig=106735356510843647071&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=118&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:104 and besides the water contains sulphur thus is curative humare lakshmanji kitne thoughtful the naa no wonder he was great architect and an engineerEmbarrassed

bow down to his intellegenceSmile

Edited by arti07 - 22 November 2012 at 11:13am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukulnneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged

minizzarti07nneeiill

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Ramayan Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.