Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

India-Forums

Not liking Arshdeep at all (Page 6)

Nach_Baliye Senior Member
Nach_Baliye
Nach_Baliye

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
When the show started, I liked her. However, in the latest episode, I realized that she doesn't have the X factor, she is not memorable at all. Her voice was too soft and lacked the strength that is so important to stand out. In fact, her back-up singers completely overshadowed her. She has a beautiful voice, but it is neither memorable nor distinct, which I think is very important to be successful as a singer. Shreya Ghoshal has a beautiful thin voice, but it has a strength that has made her popular in the industry. Arshpreet lacks the X factor. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDiamondLife

mdroy Goldie
mdroy
mdroy

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
I am sick of that song being sung on SRGMP and the other reality shows.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-museDiamondLifeDabulls23

Blossom5 Goldie
Blossom5
Blossom5

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nach_Baliye

When the show started, I liked her. However, in the latest episode, I realized that she doesn't have the X factor, she is not memorable at all. Her voice was too soft and lacked the strength that is so important to stand out. In fact, her back-up singers completely overshadowed her. She has a beautiful voice, but it is neither memorable nor distinct, which I think is very important to be successful as a singer. Shreya Ghoshal has a beautiful thin voice, but it has a strength that has made her popular in the industry. Arshpreet lacks the X factor. 
Very well said. What you mentioned is exactly what i was thinking would have a negative effect on her success. But sometimes, i don't really know what srgmp looks for as you have sufi singers competing against classical singers. If what they are looking for is a Bollywood playback singer, contestants need to be versatile.  just judging by volume of work, how much work a singer gets in Bollywood, being versatile is key. If they want a classical singer, Mohd Aman is the winner, hands down. None of these singers have been confidend enough to sing outside their comfort zone.  (I cant say they aren't capable enough to do this as i don't know the full scope of their talent)  We have brilliant niche singers today, Jasim in Ghazals, Mohd Aman in classical, Renu in Sufi etc. For me, a true superstar is one who can take any song, be it a Ghazal, classical song or rock song, become the song, perform it accurately and leave the audience wanting more. I haven't seen that yet although the competition has months left, i have high hopes. If you compare Mrin and Arshpreet, Mrin should have stayed in the competition.
music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Hearing this song show after show makes me break out in hives. Give us a break, pleaseAngry

she sang ok. May be she should have been eliminated. but i still love her voice and still feel her range is phenomenal.Embarrassed
NoComments Senior Member
NoComments
NoComments

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 3:54am | IP Logged
I am tired of hearing this song on all these shows! The very moment she picked up the song, I lost interest

I still like her voice quality, but appears weaker as compared to some other wonderful talent on the show..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

mynameisking Newbie
mynameisking
mynameisking

Posted: 05 November 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Average
music-a-muse IF-Dazzler
music-a-muse
music-a-muse

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged
What a fantastic performance from Arshpreet todayClap
kadami Groupbie
kadami
kadami

Posted: 10 November 2012 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
today excellent

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index