Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

JasToronto

IF-Dazzler

JasToronto

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
I don't think she needs to change her style or try her luck in different genres. She should stick with what she is good at. Here is a video from voice of India. These days nobody can be a champion singing Lata di's songs. LOL. Chances are that you will make an early exit if you ever try to take Lata or Asha di's hit numbers. Versatility is all nonsense!!!! Today's great singer Sonu Nigam was singing only Rafi sahab's songs at the start of his career. Lata di And Asha ji were copying Shamshad Begam in their early days.LOL Everybody gets smart with the time and experience.Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Not liking Arshdeep at all (Page 4)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DiamondLife

IF-Sizzlerz

DiamondLife

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 5:32am | IP Logged
i somehow personally dont like when singers come from one show to anotherSleepy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-musetulipbaby53

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Even i don't.Cry

But, that is what is happening on most shows. recyclingOuchCry

DiamondLifetulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiamondLife

Yes, I also don't like it. I don't mind if they audition for different shows until they get selected for one, but I don't like it when they've already competed, and then they come to a different show. It's not fair to the other contestants. Actually, over here in musical reality shows, it's not allowed at all because they want only new talent.

music-a-museDiamondLife

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JasToronto

I don't think she needs to change her style or try her luck in different genres. She should stick with what she is good at. Here is a video from voice of India. These days nobody can be a champion singing Lata di's songs. LOL. Chances are that you will make an early exit if you ever try to take Lata or Asha di's hit numbers.Versatility is all nonsense!!!!Today's great singer Sonu Nigam was singing only Rafi sahab's songs at the start of his career. Lata di And Asha ji were copying Shamshad Begam in their early days.LOL Everybody gets smart with the time and experience.Smile

@ RED: I'm not say that she needs to try to sing Lata-ji of Asha-ji's songs because as you said, it may not be suited for everyone. I was just curious to hear how her voice sounded in different songs. As DB23, NC, and your videos have shown, Arshpreet is a versatile singer, and she is capable of singing in different genres. I don't think it's wrong for her to try and sing different songs here too since she can. 

@ BLUE: Versatility is nonsense? You are talking about Lata-ji and Asha-ji, but remember, they are from a different time. When they FIRST came into the industry, there were only a few styles of singing that were popular for women to sing. That is why they were singing similar to Shamshad Begam-ji. Later though, they both did have to change and modulate their voices for different songs (especially Asha-ji). Sonu also modulates his voice for different styles of singing. The way the music industry is now, you HAVE to be a versatile singer in order to be truly successful. Listen to how Sunidhi and Shreya modulate their voices for different genres of music. Even in musical reality shows, the judges ask the contestants to step out of their comfort zone for the benefit of the contestant.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Correct me if i am wrong.

i think when Latadi started singing, she  was highly influenced by Noorjehan, the reigning queen of music at that point of time.there are a few songs, where you cannot make out whether it is lata or noorjehan.

Ash was highly influenced by Geeta dutt, shamshad, lata and noorjehan to some extent. mainly, it was geeta dutt.

Nothing wrong. It is a natural way to go on till you find your feet and develop your own style.

It is the same with these contestants too.

tulipbaby53

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Yes, you both are right, MAM. Lata-ji was also very much inspired by Noor Jehan, and Asha-ji was also inspired from Geeta Dutt. There not too many lady singers back then, so they were influenced by who was popular then.

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 02 November 2012 at 8:48am

music-a-muse

DiamondLife

IF-Sizzlerz

DiamondLife

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Originally posted by DiamondLife

Yes, I also don't like it. I don't mind if they audition for different shows until they get selected for one, but I don't like it when they've already competed, and then they come to a different show. It's not fair to the other contestants. Actually, over here in musical reality shows, it's not allowed at all because they want only new talent.

exactly..
after they r selected in final top ____whatever number of the show..they should not take them
They already got a chance to showcase...
participating in other reality shows...just to bump at high numbersConfused

I am seeing so many contestants coming to SRGMP from diff musical reality shows..

I want to know how many went to other reality shows after participating in SRGMPStern Smile

music-a-muse

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.