Not liking Arshdeep at all

Posted: 11 years ago
I don't know about all of you, but I think she is not as talented as the judges make her to be. I think her singing has no xfactor and she just sings just like any Punjabi singer sings. I think her Jugni performance was not as great as it should be. I have seen others sing it better than her..like the 3 lil boys called Ali Brothers that came on SRGMP Lil Champs. The song is upbeat and awesome, but her singing and voice for me just killed the song. The second song was a little better than Jugni, but I still had no interest and she brought nothing new to the table. Sure the others are also singing in their own genres, but they are doing innovative things through their singing. I honestly think she should go with Mrunmyee or Subreema next time. 
I like Arshdeep, but I do think she needs to start singing something different than Punjabi songs. I know everyone is singing what they are comfortable with, but I'm really curious to know if she can sing other genres. 
She has a wonderful husky voice, but she needs to sing different types of songs.
I have seen her in SVOI-1 and she CAN sing different types of songs and quite well too.I think she reached top 5 or 6.

That is why i was a bit disappointed to hear her now.

I think lack of opportunities  in mainstream bollywood made her shift to singing  punjabi songs and she does seem to have become quite ordinary. She was much much better than this and at one point of time, she was my favourite.๐Ÿ˜Š

BTW, her range is phenomenal.๐Ÿ‘

Want to hear her sing something  different and would love to see the old Arshpreet back.๐Ÿ˜Š

Well said music-a-muse!!
Arshpreet is an excellent singer and was one of my favs in SVOI1 although am not sure why she has been performing way below her potential on this show ๐Ÿ˜•
One reason could be that the judges seem to be slotting singers into genres and its possible that she has been asked to stick to the punjabi songs genre.
I do hope to see her back to her potential soon!
BTW, she is Arshpreet and not Arshdeep, harshdeep is another singer๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by music-a-muse

I never called her Harshdeep...it says deep which I will change to preet...I know Harshdeep Kaur and she is an awesome singer
Originally posted by music-a-muse

Oopsies! I'm made the same mistake too. ๐Ÿ˜† Yes, her name is Arshpreet. My brain is fried from all this accounting that I didn't even notice.  ๐Ÿ˜†
Arshpreet is an excellent singer... A very unique tonal quality and has shown her wide range in the previous show SVOI... She used to be my favorite there... She has not yet reached the potential she has on this show and her performances so far have been below par...

Also - almost all singers are only singing in their comfort zone so far and it is not fair to single her out as singing Punjabi songs only. But I know she can sing all genres very well... Search for her 'Sabki baraatein aayi' on YouTube.. She was fabulous!
Just waiting for her to get in stride๐Ÿ˜Š and i know she will do well.๐Ÿ˜Š