Why do men think about SEX all the time? - Page 11

Posted: 11 years ago
Are You Kiding Me??😕
so their families are feed by your Swiss account ? will you say the same for the men in your family ?
Originally posted by catastrophic

so their families are feed by your Swiss account ? will you say the same for the men in your family ?

I doubt anyone can think about sex while reading this post. A good amount of time has to be spent pondering what it is about and what the point exactly is. 😆

Originally posted by Freethinker112

interesting question. I am not well versed enough in evolution to answer the why. But, here is my take.

Men don't have a fertility cycle. We can have sex frequently and are capable of ejaculating sperm everytime. And we don't need to be a part of gestation. So, we can have sex always and all is good. So maybe that's the reason we are always wanting to have sex.

Women on the other hand have a fertility cycle. And they are the ones who have to go through a tough period of 9 months. A pregnant woman needs support during pregnancy. She needs someone to protect the children. Maybe that's the reason why women are more selective and desire emotional connection. So that they know for sure that the man will support her during pregnancy and after childbirth, and that he just won't leave her after having sex.

That's my opinion on how we have evolved. Maybe there is no reason why. After all we are trying to rationalize what we are now. Maybe it didn't happen for a reason.

If we are taking evolution into consideration here - the explanation is simple. In homo sapiens the culling of the weak seed is not a natural process like those in say deer - in a herd the strongest stags will fight each other and the ultimate winner gets the first dibs so to say. This ensures only the physically strong and capable stags get to mate. Homo sapien females unfortunately do not get to choose - therefore men need to copulate with as many women as possible in order to ensure that there are enough offspring - remember only one in a million sperm is capable of fertilizing the egg.

With women being selective (though socially there doesn't seem any probability of their choices being validated) is a throwback to the animal instinct of selecting partners that could be good providers or protectors of the herd (family-unit).

But evolutionary history has little to do with social jingoism. Fact is that most men use that adage to act like jerks, and society (male-centric ofcourse) permits and propagates that myth. Nor is it laudable that we allow the male of the species to actually gloat about the fact that "they controlled their urges".

Remember when a 4 yr old pees in his or her pants we scold the child - it is about toilet-training. We do not reward the child every time he/she runs to the nearest loo, do we? The same thing goes with using a fork and knife, learning to write, playing with other children - these are all rites of passage and part of raising your children right. The last rite of passage is Puberty and how to handle it. Why is it that we are unforgiving about incontinence and punish it severely but are willing to  ignore inability to control a sexual urge?

Nopes men are not to be pardoned for inability to think of sex all the time nor are they to be praised for controlling their urges - no more than the 10 yr old who is jumping up and down all day long telling you he needs to go to the loo. Both are equally silly and both are simple physical urges. To put it plain and simple men need to realize whether they are limited to an organ that is an adjunct to the rest of the body or are they something more than that.

Perhaps it is time that men decide how they wanted to be treated in an evolving world - as replacement for an inflatable battery-operated doll or as rational contributing members of society; if the latter they have to themselves rise above the myths about male-sexuality and prove it in thoughts, actions and deeds and not hide behind adages
^What myth are you talking about?

Where do you get the gloating feeling from? We desire women, but since women are not a thing that you can own, we respect their wishes too. We move on. Nobody is asking for praises.

Are women replacement for blow up dolls? No. Nobody is talking about that. We think, imagine, do work, feel, rationalize, etc. Sex is a part of life. It's more like a white noise, if you will.

^What myth are you talking about?

Where do you get the gloating feeling from? Nobody is asking for praises.

Your words not mine :)

Controlling the desires and behaving in rational way is a thing that deserves respect.

All I'm saying is that controlling a sexual urge is no more praiseworthy than controlling the urge to wet your pants. No really, it is not.

We desire women, but since women are not a thing that you can own, we respect their wishes too.We move on.

Do you want to rephrase that? You mean to say that if you could own women - like men in Middle-East or from one of the KHAP Panchayats - you would not respect them? But wait a minute that's exactly how they behave. In effect are you really saying that you respect women not because they deserve to be respected but because your social situation stops you from treating them as possessions and chattels. Rethink your position.

Are women replacement for blow up dolls? No. Nobody is talking about that. We think, imagine, do work, feel, rationalize, etc. Sex is a part of life. It's more like a white noise, if you will.

Nope women are not replacements for blow-up dolls, because women are not hiding behind stuff like "we can't help but think of sex". Women are asserting themselves as rational, emotionally-stable, physically, mentally, psychologically strong gender.

In the meantime men are hiding behind "we can't help but think of sex", "if a girl is good-looking every male she knows would have imagined her naked" (again your words in an earlier post in this very thread). Seriously it is men who are behind the myths that men are slightly better than animals or that the only thing they can be good at is a bedroom performance - because that is what they claim they are thinking of most of the time, or rather every time a girl walks by.

And frankly I don't get the gloating feeling when I see how most men would really put themselves down so blithely and feel good about it. There are some excellent men I know - including my father, my uncles, my profs and quite a few friends and colleagues. Uniformly all of them would feel offended by the statement "men can't help but think of sex" - they would find it downright insulting to themselves; and so do I on their behalf.

Please stop defending a false statement and stop using platitudes to justify animalistic behavior - it doesn't go down well, not with your record on IF.
It's not just men. People in general THINK about sex all the time; It's dependent on the individual on how vocal they are about it. Perhaps females are less vocal?
Originally posted by reeha...k

It's not just men. People in general THINK about sex all the time; It's dependent on the individual on how vocal they are about it. Perhaps females are less vocal?

Are you freaking kidding me - about females being less vocal - and you on IF since when? What is all the mania about - Sobti/Rajputs/Rahejas/D'Sena/GCs and what not all about except that numerous girls/women see a reflection of ideal mate in these toyboys? For that matter why is Ashish Kapor in your DP if you are not besotted with the guy?

Yes members of both genders think about sex - in as much as both feel equally hungry/thirsty/tired/sleepy - it is a normal part of the day and biological cycle. Thinking about sex is really not the problem. My issue is that one gender uses idea to explain away every failing and simple bad upbringing.

Yep - if nobody taught a child to wash the hands after wiping the ass - it reflects bad upbringing, so does the behavior around opposite gender. Inability to control it is a reflection that no one taught the person how to conduct himself in society.

Originally posted by -Purva-

All I'm saying is that controlling a sexual urge is no more praiseworthy than controlling the urge to wet your pants. No really, it is not.

I didn't mean respect as in you gotta praise them daily. It just meant basic human regard, that separates us from the animals that we don't always act on our instincts.

Do you want to rephrase that? You mean to say that if you could own women - like men in Middle-East or from one of the KHAP Panchayats - you would not respect them? But wait a minute that's exactly how they behave. In effect are you really saying that you respect women not because they deserve to be respected but because your social situation stops you from treating them as possessions and chattels. Rethink your position.

No, no, no, definitely not. ðŸ˜² I might have worded that poorly. What I meant was that people cannot, should not be owned. They are not things. They are independent beings. So, you cannot just desire them and get them. I hope I was clear this time.

Nope women are not replacements for blow-up dolls, because women are not hiding behind stuff like "we can't help but think of sex". Women are asserting themselves as rational, emotionally-stable, physically, mentally, psychologically strong gender. 

Nobody is hiding behind anything. Men are rational, emotionally-stable, physically, mentally strong. Actually that depends on individual, we shouldn't generalize for a whole sex. Individual of both sexes may or may not be above things.

In the meantime men are hiding behind "we can't help but think of sex", "if a girl is good-looking every male she knows would have imagined her naked" (again your words in an earlier post in this very thread). Seriously it is men who are behind the myths that men are slightly better than animals or that the only thing they can be good at is a bedroom performance - because that is what they claim they are thinking of most of the time, or rather every time a girl walks by.

Again, who is hiding behind what? Yes, those are my words and I stand by them. Humans are better than animals in most things. I never said they can be only good at bedroom performance. Not about every girl, and it depends on what you are doing. Sometimes you are too focused to notice anything.

And frankly I don't get the gloating feeling when I see how most men would really put themselves down so blithely and feel good about it. There are some excellent men I know - including my father, my uncles, my profs and quite a few friends and colleagues. Uniformly all of them would feel offended by the statement "men can't help but think of sex" - they would find it downright insulting to themselves; and so do I on their behalf. 

Please stop defending a false statement and stop using platitudes to justify animalistic behavior - it doesn't go down well, not with your record on IF.

Nobody is gloating about anything. This isn't putting men down, it is a natural instinct.

You think I didn't know how controversial my reply can get? But I think enough is enough. Denial and repression may seem to make us feel more "civilized" in the short term but actually attains nothing. It's a natural feeling, I am not ashamed of it. This very awkwardness is why most of the men won't talk this thing with women. I doubt any man would say this face to face to some female. But that's how we are and we know it. But we know we are better than animals, so we just go on in our life behaving as humans.

You think fantasizing about someone is animalistic?
Originally posted by TheTruth

I believe we are wired that way, naturally.  "Always" is a hyperbole, though.
Nothing wrong at all. Now, if a man is thinking about having sex with a man, I would run from that man... just saying.

That is the same thought process operating with women when they come across men "who are wired that way" - like you would run away from a man who is thinking of sex with a man, women would run away from men who are thinking of sex most of the time "not Always".

It really is a self-defeating process - the more you think about it, the more bad vibes you give. The more bad vibes you give, fewer the number of women who interact with you. Fewer the women around you, the more desperate you are. The more desperate you are the more you think about it.

Want to get out of that rut - stop thinking about it, give it no more thought than you would to what you would have for lunch.

Try and realize that "men are NOT wired that way". Men are really something more than just one organ. Give it no more thought than you would give to the last toenail on your left foot.