Why do men think about SEX all the time? - Page 10

Posted: 11 years ago
Freethinker12

Amen to your rape comment! I hate it when people say "All men want sex" when a woman talks about a man pressuring her into unwanted sex.   There's a huge difference between wanting sex and forcing someone else to do it.

A normal man wants his female partner to enjoy sex and they want sex to be consensual. Most guys I know don't get pleasure from guilting someone into sex and they certainly don't want to waste their time with a woman that's not interested in them.   So, a guy acting sexually pushy has nothing to do with the typical sexual drive of a man. 

Originally posted by XVIRUS

Men think about SEX all the time ...But is it true?nO Personal experience ...But if it is true then why ?
If it is a myth ..then when and how it circulated?

I can think of 3-4 cases when this is not true

when the man is in a delivery room
Or when the man is confronted by a bear in a jungle
Or when he has a heart attack and is about to die

other situations ...😉

i think it's a great way to stay fit and energetic. Why sweat it pounding dumb gym equipment when you can also be having fun? See, i think it's all about men wanting to stay healthy, that's why they think sex all the time. ðŸ˜Š

Originally posted by Freethinker112

It's all evolution basically. We men don't have any cycle of fertility, therefore we are built to have as much sex as possible to ensure the survival of species. Again, it's not something we choose. It can be annoying sometimes, being distracted when you are trying to concentrate. ðŸ˜† But yeah, what makes a man decent is not just acting on every thought that comes to his mind.

What do you mean by it's evolutionary? Do you mean to say that, since it's survival of the fittest, men who were more lust-driven and women who were more emotional in their sexual behavior/attraction survived (but why...?), and passed such genetic traits to their offspring? Or that men who were less lusty produced less offspring as they had less sexual contacts, and that women who were more lusty but less nurturing also reared less offspring, meaning their genetic trait was not passed down as much as it is the other way round? Is it what you are attempting to say.

I kinda feel lost when people say it's all evolutionary. 😕 Do all environmentally favorable traits always triumph due to natural selection? Hope you will explain. 😳
Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

What do you mean by it's evolutionary? Do you mean to say that, since it's survival of the fittest, men who were more lust-driven and women who were more emotional in their sexual behavior/attraction survived (but why...?), and passed such genetic traits to their offspring? Or that men who were less lusty produced less offspring as they had less sexual contacts, and that women who were more lusty but less nurturing also reared less offspring, meaning their genetic trait was not passed down as much as it is the other way round? Is it what you are attempting to say.

I kinda feel lost when people say it's all evolutionary. 😕 Do all environmentally favorable traits always triumph due to natural selection? Hope you will explain. 😳

interesting question. I am not well versed enough in evolution to answer the why. But, here is my take.

Men don't have a fertility cycle. We can have sex frequently and are capable of ejaculating sperm everytime. And we don't need to be a part of gestation. So, we can have sex always and all is good. So maybe that's the reason we are always wanting to have sex.

Women on the other hand have a fertility cycle. And they are the ones who have to go through a tough period of 9 months. A pregnant woman needs support during pregnancy. She needs someone to protect the children. Maybe that's the reason why women are more selective and desire emotional connection. So that they know for sure that the man will support her during pregnancy and after childbirth, and that he just won't leave her after having sex.

That's my opinion on how we have evolved. Maybe there is no reason why. After all we are trying to rationalize what we are now. Maybe it didn't happen for a reason.

interesting question. I am not well versed enough in evolution to answer the why. But, here is my take.

Men don't have a fertility cycle. We can have sex frequently and are capable of ejaculating sperm everytime. And we don't need to be a part of gestation. So, we can have sex always and all is good. So maybe that's the reason we are always wanting to have sex.

Human beings don't have a feeding cycle so does that mean we go on binge eating! 😲 The evolutionary excuse is just that – cow dung ! You can dunk them aside for the time being 😆

Women on the other hand have a fertility cycle. And they are the ones who have to go through a tough period of 9 months.

Mere 9 months! Its more like a life long responsibility . Children never grow up! 😛

A pregnant woman needs support during pregnancy.

Well, there are men who need support (moral and emotional also financial sometimes) throughout their life. So?

She needs someone to protect the children.

Ah-  so its HER children !  ðŸ˜²  That explains ! 😆  Yet men forget that while fighting for custodial rights. Double standards !

Maybe that's the reason why women are more selective and desire emotional connection. So that they know for sure that the man will support her during pregnancy and after childbirth, and that he just won't leave her after having sex.

That's my opinion on how we have evolved. Maybe there is no reason why. After all we are trying to rationalize what we are now. Maybe it didn't happen for a reason.

Some evolution indeed! ….  IMO women are more quality conscious and farsighted. They are more selective as they would want to ensure that the best genes are passed on to the next generation. They are also usually more emotional and possessive hence believe in making a wise investment of their resources 😛 

@Freethinker

We have a fertility cycle and hormonal changes do affect sex drive. However, we can have sex and enjoy it during all stages of the fertility cycle, even during the period. Similarly, we can have and enjoy sex during gestation as well. I don't think these have anything to do with the evolutionary differences in sex drives.

I think you are right with the evolution aspect, but your rationale is a bit off.

Many female mammals raise the offspring by themselves or are part of a pack. The reason the female is selective is because that off spring is to be the propagator of the species. She chooses the best possible male so that the offspring has the best possible evolutionary traits of the species. Many mammals fight to be the alpha male an win the privilege of procreating. The alpha male is the strongest and has the best evolutionary traits. So only he gets to propagate the species. An alpha male will mate with all females in a pack. But the beta males may never get the privilege of mating.

Emotional attachments, monogamy, marriages, relationships are more social human traits and don't have much to do with evolutionary biology. Social evolution of species is a different subject matter, separate from the biology and nature of species.

Women on the other hand have a fertility cycle. And they are the ones who have to go through a tough period of 9 months. A pregnant woman needs support during pregnancy. She needs someone to protect the children. Maybe that's the reason why women are more selective and desire emotional connection. So that they know for sure that the man will support her during pregnancy and after childbirth, and that he just won't leave her after having sex.

I see. From what I understand, biological evolution is simply a change in the allele frequencies from generation to generation. But evolution has no intelligence or 'reason' in that sense. It's just what is more environmentally beneficial for someone to survive. Those fit will survive more in numbers to pass similar genetic materials to their offspring, and those unable to will eventually perish out. In hundreds of thousands of years, environmentally beneficial genetic traits are what will sustain in biological population. Since men 'sowing their seeds' and women being more nurturing and emotional was what was beneficial, that is the trait that triumphed in the end. Hmm...of course this is just what I could devise myself. Maybe I need to go take 101 course on evolution. 😆

@Angie/RTH - I agree following the course of evolution may not always be the best case. We have made moral values that protects the right of individuals and not the whole pack. Like you said, sexual promiscuity is only natural (especially by men) - and is also evolutionarily beneficial as it ensures the survival of the species - but we have devised systems like monogamy or life-long commitment. To be fair, monogamy is also reported in many animals so it's not exactly biologically unnatural. 😕
Originally posted by return_to_hades

@Freethinker

We have a fertility cycle and hormonal changes do affect sex drive. However, we can have sex and enjoy it during all stages of the fertility cycle, even during the period. Similarly, we can have and enjoy sex during gestation as well. I don't think these have anything to do with the evolutionary differences in sex drives.

Actually I've heard woman gets horny the most at a particular period in a month when she has the highest chance of getting pregnant. 😆 Isn't that evolutionary too, because it's beneficial to have sex at that time.

Do men think of sex while they're on the shitpot?

Do men think of sex when they hug their mother?

Do men think of sex when they're with their children?

Do men think of sex when they find out they have cancer?

Do men think of sex when they play with their dog?

Do men think of sex when they play with their cat?(JOKE, men love dogs, not sissy cats! DOGS RULE YEAAH)

If the answer to any of the above is no, then this debate was founded on an incorrect statement.