Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Why threaten my poor babies- Smriti Irani

kumkum_luva thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Why threaten my poor babies: Smriti Irani

With a round-the-clock security cover, actress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member Smriti Irani feels much more safe. But she still cannot make out why she was threatened recently.

She knows this is one of the unfortunate fallouts of being rich and famous.

Smriti 'Tulsi' Irani was horrified when the police traced the threatening telephone calls made to her sometime back to a member of her soap "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Tthi" unit.

Now, a policeman refuses to let Smriti go out of sight even for a minute.

Says the iconic star: "It was traumatic for me. But I was more concerned because my family was put through the ordeal. It's on some level understandable if I'm subjected to unwanted attention. But why threaten my poor babies?

"I've chosen to be in a profession where I'm constantly being watched. I can't crib if I've to suffer the consequences of being in the public arena. But why drag my family into it?

"My one-and-a-half-year-old daughter doesn't even know her mother is an actress! She has never seen me on screen, for god's sake!"

Pointed out it was shocking that a woman should have subjected her to such anonymous aggression, Smriti protests: "Why categorize crime as a gender issue? Why should a man or woman be more inclined to believe in certain basic values, like the sanctity of a family or a parent's concern for her children?

"Any human being, man or woman, must value these feelings. I've absolutely no explanation for what happened.

"When I did the Aunt Agony show 'Kuch Dil Se' on Sab TV ,I met so many people with their peculiar problems. As I heard out people who had done others wrong, I'd often wonder how a human being allows his or her better judgment to override the conscience.

"When I share these feelings with my friends they say, 'Everyone isn't like you.' But I think it's easy to assert your better feelings and not allow the darker side to dominate your personality."

Smriti says she has no idea why she was subjected to threats.

"I believe the idea was to frame someone else from another community. And the best way to target someone was through me, I guess. It's a sensitive issue. And I chose not to speak to the press about it while it happened.

"The people involved in the crime are youngsters. They don't realise the enormity of their actions. Their whole life and career could be destroyed.

"At the same time I can't fully sympathise with them because I've seen my children suffer. I don't see how they thought they could get away with it... But I'm okay. No one can stop me from living my life the way I want to."

The ugly incident hasn't made Smriti suspicious of people.

"You can't stop trusting people just because of a few. I felt bad for my babies. I'd look at them each night during the trauma and wonder why they should be threatened when I'm the actress and politician.

"Even my husband wasn't worried for his own life, but for mine and our children. Once the cops ensured me my family would be safe, my worries lessened."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail

Is it a new article.. or is is about that rekha modi incident!!!!
Ohh I hope smriti doesnt get any more threats...n continues her work... im dying to see Mihir-Tulsi meet!
kaboo123 thumbnail
How old is this article? Is that the reason why they are not showing Tulsi's character that much coz she is not shooting.

God I am really missing her now. The youngsters are good, but no one sincerely can match Smriti in her acting capabilties. It's high time they show her back in action in Mumbai.
*Devanshi* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ronit_Rulez

Is it a new article.. or is is about that rekha modi incident!!!!
Ohh I hope smriti doesnt get any more threats...n continues her work... im dying to see Mihir-Tulsi meet!

it is an old article of tht Rekha Modi which is now settled.....I just saw promo where they showed tht Tulsi landing on Mumbai Railway station.....MT will meet soon

*Devanshi* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaboo123

How old is this article? Is that the reason why they are not showing Tulsi's character that much coz she is not shooting.

God I am really missing her now. The youngsters are good, but no one sincerely can match Smriti in her acting capabilties. It's high time they show her back in action in Mumbai.

Kavita i even miss her......but this old article......she was not shooting coz her plot in the show was not ready and she had gone to UK for her play......but she has resumed her work......i just saw a promo where Tulsi landed at railway station

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaboo123

Agreed!!!

~Jalal-4ever~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulsimihir4ever

it is an old article of tht Rekha Modi which is now settled.....I just saw promo where they showed tht Tulsi landing on Mumbai Railway station.....MT will meet soon

OMG STUFF....WOWOWOW

sukhjit thumbnail
thx fo sharing thats horrible
Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanx a lot for sharing! 😊
~nikki~ thumbnail
tfs
poor smriti yaar 😭