Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer! (Page 18)

Post Reply New Post

Page 18 of 19

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by music-a-muse

In case, no one noticed. 

SM and Wajid have been complimenting his imagination and innovative ness for past two weeks.

Guess, they have given up on his singing !Wink

I think he would make a better composer SmileClapClap

All the best !

LOL LOL LOL LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music-a-muse

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jasraj Joshi !AT from page 16 !!A future Composer! (Page 18)" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by music-a-muse

In case, no one noticed. 

SM and Wajid have been complimenting his imagination and innovative ness for past two weeks.

Guess, they have given up on his singing !Wink

I think he would make a better composer SmileClapClap

All the best !

I guess encourage the best quality abt JJ hai na Big smile...All the best at Composing..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Blossom5music-a-musetulipbaby53

rajsun

rajsun

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
main thing i like abt jasraj is --he is not scared of going the path less tread upon,,he is willign to explore and also sing in a diffferent style  Embarrassed, i dont just mean in his physical attitute which is full of confidence but also  his innovatinvness without changing the soul of the song he tries to brign a " twist  " i say !! it is diffferent but a welcome change ,Embarrassed

like the singham he sang today with his variations -as rahul ramji said got a feel of broadway music in between ., I too  liked it .Embarrassed
i kwn he missed sme surs during high notes but still it was enjoyable -- he doesnt sing it as in a competition --he sings with all fun and masti,  that;s what catches you !!!

u knw i really like all the contestant in saregama this year ,,, like all , i miss madhuri dey for sure ...and 
i kwn this is magical jasraj AT --Wink

I also want to add ,,, there is smething diff abt this saregama ,,-- like the mentors are positive , no  strss ful atmosphere -- no strss on the contestants too-- they have been given full freedom to sing in their comfort zone ,,,

like MA singing full on -- classical and jazim -only ghazals or shenaz slow soulful songs ...

vishwa --- is ful pacakge , jasraj ofcourse is , 

for a change i am liking this no fiercely competitive  atmosphere Smile oh i forgot i like the band too they are good 
unlike in KS  the atmosphere was too competitive and that got all focus only on the comments than on the contestant's singing Ouch

oops i got carried away LOLLOL

Edited by rajsun - 05 January 2013 at 7:49pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

liveongaayikamusic-a-museDabulls23

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Just loved the lion roarLOLLOL

He is an amazing package, would not like to hear him sing tho.Everything else he does to a song is fine by me.

Even i liked the operatic? feeling he gave to the notes and it blended beautifully with the main song.

rajsun

music-a-muse

IF-Dazzler

music-a-muse

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
His piya haji ali was perfect, but sometimes you just want to hear it simple and soulful bringing out the essence of the prayer without the verbal pyrotechnics.

For me, he lost it yesterday Embarrassed

gaayika

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
His rendition of Piya Haji Ali was more of Qawali than sufiana rendition...THough it was waay better than some of his previous performances...He was under control and not shouting alot...I still have Raja's rendition in my brain and heart...I could not connect to god with his rendition which I could with Raja's...Woh soulful rendering nahi tha..Embarrassed

NEways did not think it was worth the POTD...But oh well judges and guests know much more than MOI...So all power to him..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayikamusic-a-muse

Blossom5

Goldie

Blossom5

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
For me, his Piya Haji Ali was not what i was hoping for. I mean it was classic Jasraj in that he arranged the song in his own way and made the performance unique. His attention was on the arrangement and technicalities, the additions to the song, the accessories to the song and not the song itself. I can not say what was going on in his head or heart and how he felt or related to the song but he was not able to convey the proper feelings while he sang.  He doesn't necessarily have to alter every song he is given, for once i would like to hear a song, simply sung and straight from the heart, sung the way the original composer intended it to be. I say this because, while i support originality, he is smart enough to take the song and make it fit his style. He however has not really shown how he can adapt himself to a song which is a necessary quality in a playback singer. Playback singers need to be able to take good dirrections from the music director and sing as they are told. I don't exactly know how to phrase my point properly but, we have seen Jasraj mold a song to his tastes, i want to see him mold himself to a song, i want the original composition in control to test his own adaptability.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gaayikaDabulls23

liveon

liveon

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Jasraj was outstanding on the weekend

He was out of his voice was not in a condition to sing at all..

but he intelligently transformed his voice & gave it a best shot

genius ..

n during Haji ali , nw I really think god helped him..fo sho

Keep rocking Jasraj & take care of ur voice bro

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.