India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Pooja's filmi connection

gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:37am | IP Logged

Ye Meri Life Hai's Pooja (Shama Sikander) got a chance to rub shoulders with film stars like Priyanka Chopra and Ajay Devgan, last Friday at Fame Malad.

The unit of Optimystix's Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony) was present at the premier of Harry Baweja's Main Aisa Hi Hoon. The lead pair Ashmit (Rahil Azam) and Pooja entered the venue as a couple.

However most of the celebrities present at the function didn't know that Azam and Sikander were actually shooting for an episode of the Ye Meri Life Hai, where they play a married couple.

Most of the people who saw them together that night assumed that they were a couple, when they walked together hand in hand.

An onlooker who saw them together said, "She was on his arm throughout the evening. It looked like they were seeing each other or something."

When contacted Sikander laughed it off and said, "No we are not seeing each other. Attending the premier was a part of my show. We didn't want everyone to know about it as the response would have been unreal."

The producer of the show, Vipul D Shah said, "We used hidden cameras for the shoot. Had we gone around shooting it in the usual manner we wouldn't have got the desired reactions. It was great fun doing the shoot."

Amit Jain who plays Ronit said, "I was shocked to see the crowd react to us. I thought since it was a filmi event, no one would really notice television actors.

But I was pleasantly surprised. I was almost mobbed when the event got over." His co-star Shama Sikander also chatted with Ajay Devgan and Priyanka Chopra.

Rahil 'Hatim' Azam who plays Ashmit in the show, said, "I was stunned by the public's reaction. They still remember me as Hatim and kept chanting my name. I never thought that role would be such a big hit."

This particular episode is a continuation of the current track where Ashmit and Pooja's closeness becomes a problem for Ronit.  Gradually Pooja also realizes that Ashmit's intentions are not good for the Gujral family.

The episode will be telecast on Wednesday night at 10 pm.

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 8:06am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing!

See I told you guys it was just for the show.

but I don't get it, doesn't she already know that his intentions are not right for gujral family. and ashmit has explained y he is doing that and all that.Confused

aab aur kya baki hai?

* ^ Princess ** Goldie
* ^ Princess **
* ^ Princess **

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Chrissy Senior Member
Chrissy
Chrissy

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Here's a pic that went along with the article.

-Chrissy
desi gurl IF-Dazzler
desi gurl
desi gurl

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:55pm | IP Logged

ewwwwwwwwww. DeadThumbs Downlook at how awkward and ugly pooja and ashmit look together. now if that was pooja and ronit it would be a different store. Thumbs UpEmbarrassed

and yes... according to my mind, pooja and ashmit are not the lead couple. pooja and ronit are! ashmit can just quit the show. its not that i dont like him. its that he is getting in pooja and ronit's way. he made POOJIPAGI disappear. same goes for that poornima.Dead

*Dipti* IF-Sizzlerz
*Dipti*
*Dipti*

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
yea i agree with yall
|iami5o4| Goldie
|iami5o4|
|iami5o4|

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Its surprising that they got recognised and so forth cuz. YMLH has really been going downlhill don't ya think? I'm not surprised to hear that Ashmit got attention because he has been in other dramas and such.

ahh.. Pooja realized that Ashmit's intentions aren't good for the Gujrals ... thats sucks. heh... I actually kinda support Ashmit with the revenge thingy because ergghh I like seeing the Gujrals suffer from time to time. They deserve it.

Thats funny ... people actually thought that Ashmit & Pooja were a real couple. I probably would've thought the same thing ... oh wait. I already did. Big smile
dancing babe Goldie
dancing babe
dancing babe

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 11:03am | IP Logged
thanx for the article

Go to top