Posted: 18 years ago
Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actor, Samir Soni at 12 noon on Friday, May 6 , 2005 in Mumbai

Samir Soni
TV actor

"I've mixed feelings about JJKN. Even though the audience has appreciated it, Purab's character seems to have been sidelined again."

Littleheart > Onscreen, Armaan (Apurva Agnihotri) are rivals. How is your relationship off screen?
Samir Soni > Very, very friendly.

Nil_12305 > Hello Samir, how are you? When will Jassi come to you? Which is your favourite perfume? Who is your favourite designer? What is your favourite food? Which is your favourite restaurant in India and out side India and your favourite place in the world besides India? Where are you from?
Samir Soni > I guess you will have to ask the channel when about Jassi coming to me finally. I have my fingers crossed. My favourite perfume is Polo Classic. I like Gap clothes, and have no favourite designer. My favourite food – Italian, Indian, Chinese. I love food and like just about anything. My favourite restaurant - I don't go out too often so any rest that's calm and quiet with decent food is good enough for me. My favourite place in world is LA and I am from Delhi.

Misha > Which character do you prefer - the role of 'Purab' in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (JJKN)or your character (Ram Sinha)in Dil Kya Chahta Hai (on TV)?
Samir Soni > Definitely like 'Purab.' It's closer to me than Ram's character.

Littleheart > Do you visit JJKN discussions in India-Forum?
Samir Soni > I have visited some websites but not India Forum as yet.

Chipku_virus > Is it true that you were initially approached to play the role of 'Armaan Suri' in JJKN but rejected this challenging role because the character was not totally white and had different shades?
Samir Soni > Yes, I was approached for the character and the reason I said no was because at that time I was concentrating on films and didn't want to do TV.

Misha > Tell us about any funny incident on the sets of JJKN.
Samir Soni > Unfortunately, it's too much hard work and there's not much time for fun.

Seez > Are you happy with the way JJKN is going on now?
Samir Soni > I have mixed feelings about it because even though it's been appreciated by the audience Purab's character seems to have been sidelined again.

Littleheart > Who is your favourite co-star in JJKN?
Samir Soni > I have a very good working relationship with the entire cast but I particularly enjoy my scenes with Bebe(Utraji) and rest of the Jassi family.

Pandita > Can we expect to see you in other roles on small screen.
Samir Soni > I haven't signed anything else yet. Only time will tell.

Roxy > Are you going to be working on any other films any time soon?
Samir Soni > Even though the talks are on,nothing has been finalised as yet.

Misha > What is your dream role?
Samir Soni > John Cusac's role in Serendipity .

Littleheart > There is a rumour that you are the highest paid artist in JJKN. Is it true?
Samir Soni > I have no idea how much others get paid. So, I can't say anything.

Chipku_virus > Armaan is Jassi's love, Nandu is Jassi's best friend, what category does Purab come in?
Samir Soni > Just there for TRPs (ratings).

Cool_tanishka > What are your future projects?
Samir Soni > Right now I am spending most of my time working on my play Anything But Love . You can see me in a music video, which will be released in the next two weeks. It's (album) by Shubha Mudgal and the song's name is Maati .

Shamima > Do you and Jassi (Mona) share a good relationship off screen as well?
Samir Soni > Since we both are Librans, we are extremely comfortable with each other.

Chipku_virus > With JJKN's one year extension, do you think this will again turn into another serial where we see illogical love triangles?
Samir Soni > Isn't that already happening? Just kidding - time will tell.

Aashraya iyer > Don't you think the make-over was just a TRP booster stunt? And Jassi to Jessica is a 360 turn from her character that is sending wrong message to the society?
Samir Soni > I think we live in an extremely intelligent world and people don't get influenced that easily, least of all by daily soaps.

Priya > What is the impact of Purab's wonderful character on your personal life?
Samir Soni > A lot more people know me, like me and sometimes want to marry me (smiles).

Misha > Which serials do you think are closer to life - the saas-bahu serials or soaps like JJKN?
Samir Soni > Devil and the deep seawaters, eh? Smile -Jassi of course!

Nsata > When is 'Purab' going to go face Jassi's family?
Samir Soni > Even I want to know that (smiles).

Sameera > How comfortable are you with Jassi? You too can make a good pair off screen as well!
Samir Soni > With the name like yours, don't you think you and I would do ok (smiles)?

Spike > Hey Samir, do you do any charity shows or get involved in any welfare program?
Samir Soni > Yes, in my own small way.

Aashraya iyer > Are the rumours true that you will marry Jassi in the forthcoming episodes?
Samir Soni > How I wish that was true but honestly, I don't know and the way the story is going, it is not looking too good either.

Priya > Do you and Apoorva Agnihotri share a good rapport?
Samir Soni > Yes, we are very friendly.

Kriti_> Hi Samir, Kriti here. First of all, let me say that you are doing good and I wish you good luck for the future. Then, I wanna know what sort of person you are in real life- Purab( of JJKN) or Ram(of Dil Kya...)?
Samir Soni > I am closer to 'Purab' but no way close to being perfect, as 'Purab' is portrayed.

Seez > Samir, do you love to do stage shows?
Samir Soni > I love doing theatre but don't enjoy dancing on stage as much.

Aashraya iyer > Which character in JJKN would you like to play, apart from 'Purab', if you had the choice?
Samir Soni > Jassi, if she was male (smiles)!

Sign Off Message > Nothing you can say that hasn't been said, nothing you can do that hasn't been done, all you need is love - By John Lennon.

Thanks for the chat transcript, Starry!😊

Originally posted by Starryskies

Chipku_virus > With JJKN's one year extension, do you think this will again turn into another serial where we see illogical love triangles?
Samir Soni > Isn't that already happening? Just kidding - time will tell.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Starryskies

Priya > What is the impact of Purab's wonderful character on your personal life?
Samir Soni > A lot more people know me, like me and sometimes want to marry me (smiles). 

After reading this, the first name that came to mind was Ides!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Hi as you all know , I was Littleheart. I had put in some nice funny questions for ides & co but they were deleted by chat jockey.😑

Samir Soni > I have mixed feelings about it because even though it's been appreciated by the audience Purab's character seems to have been sidelined again.

Aashraya iyer > Are the rumours true that you will marry Jassi in the forthcoming episodes?
Samir Soni > How I wish that was true but honestly, I don't know and the way the story is going, it is not looking too good either.

hmmmm!good signs for Armaan fans!πŸ˜ƒbut poor  Purab!😭!

thanks for the chat transcript!πŸ˜ƒ

arre for once......i was appreciating purab..ahem...samir soni for his wit......

looks like he is as clueless as the rest of us jingbang as to what tony/deeya have in store for jjkn.....

1 more year of jjkn? omg.......kyaa karen in logon ka?πŸ˜•

Thanks for the transcript!!!!!!!

Let's keep the fingers crossed!

Originally posted by shiverz

Thanks for the chat transcript, Starry!😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†  even he admits it!! πŸ˜›

Originally posted by shiverz

After reading this, the first name that came to mind was Ides!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† come on Ides--admit that it was you!! πŸ˜ƒ

lolz anjali.............Ides u c..........so many of us aare waiting for this gud newsπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰....

Edited by lakshmi_maruthi - 18 years ago

lol, thanks for the transcript, Sameer is so sweet, down to earth, and he says the TRUTH, unlike other big- headed stars who go to all levels to promote themsleves and their show!!! Cho chweet πŸ˜†

Jots πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Starryskies!!

I have never liked Samir Soni much as an actor, and that, ironically influenced my thoughts about the person that he is. I did not take a liking for him either, without knowing much (or anything) about him.

But chat transcripts like these are opening up my perspective and my world about him and I'm beginning to see nice things about him .. his openness, modesty and even a casual sense of humor! And that he is a Fin whiz!

I especially liked this part of the chat :

Aashraya iyer > Don't you think the make-over was just a TRP booster stunt? And Jassi to Jessica is a 360 turn from her character that is sending wrong message to the society?
Samir Soni > I think we live in an extremely intelligent world and people don't get influenced that easily, least of all by daily soaps.

Sameera > How comfortable are you with Jassi? You too can make a good pair off screen as well!
Samir Soni > With the name like yours, don't you think you and I would do ok (smiles)?

Kriti_> Hi Samir, Kriti here. First of all, let me say that you are doing good and I wish you good luck for the future. Then, I wanna know what sort of person you are in real life- Purab( of JJKN) or Ram(of Dil Kya...)?
Samir Soni > I am closer to 'Purab' but no way close to being perfect, as 'Purab' is portrayed.

Seez > Samir, do you love to do stage shows?
Samir Soni > I love doing theatre but don't enjoy dancing on stage as much.