Is Katrina Kaif always the first choice? - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Its not abt that she cannot act, its abt making good choices in selecting movies which some actresses needs to learn from her..
^^ I don't think that anyone denies that Kat is best when it comes to asset shaking but coming out and saying even the roles that require power packed acting (Ilean anyone?)were given to her proves how much of a dumbo she is ...
I just tried to imagine Kat as Shruti in Barfi and burst out in laughter. Though ngl, I think I'd prefer her over Nargis in Rockstar. Though I'm sure Kat wouldn't have been that great either, but more tolerable than Nargis for sure. ðŸ˜†

Katrina has a large fan base, the X (read sex) factor, and the BO pull, so yeah in that manner, she would be the first choice for many films. However, for roles that require a lot of strong acting from the heroine, and not just standing around as a showpiece, then I don't think Katrina would be able to pull it off. I'm glad she backed out of Barfi. :)

Let's see how her performance in JTHJ turns out to be.
Edited by HotMess - 11 years ago
Originally posted by HotMess

I just tried to imagine Kat as Shruti in Barfi and burst out in laughter. Though ngl, I think I'd prefer her over Nargis in Rockstar. 

Katrina has a large fan base, the X (read sex) factor, and the BO pull, so yeah in that manner, she would be the first choice for many films. However, for roles that require a lot of strong acting from the heroine, and not just standing around as a showpiece, then I don't think Katrina would be able to pull it off. I'm glad she backed out of Barfi. :)
she didnt do barfi also cos she knew PC would overshadow her and completely crush her with her acting😈
Originally posted by ILoveDrama

^^ I don't think that anyone denies that Kat is best when it comes to asset shaking but coming out and saying even the roles that require power packed acting (Ilean anyone?)were given to her proves how much of a dumbo she is ...
I dont think Kat said that she was the first choice for Barfi!...some other actress said.
She accepts everything which does not require some amount of acting coming her way n denies the rest  !!! 😆

Keep--------------Smiling !!!😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 11 years ago
Yes.. but she doesn't feel the need to state that in every interview of hers 
Originally posted by _NaughtyBoy_

she didnt do barfi also cos she knew PC would overshadow her and completely crush her with her acting😈
but she could nt overshadow even any supporting cast of barfi as her acting was so lame.
Originally posted by _NaughtyBoy_

That probably is the reason. Smart move by Kat then. Kudos to Ileana though; she left an impression despite there being two well-known stars who gave power-packed performances in the movie. She didn't get completely overshadowed. I loved her acting, and I think she had the perfect look.

I am not sure if Kat would be able to pull off the traditional Bengali look from 70s. It's just a little hard for me to imagine.
Originally posted by ronitroy_ria

but she could nt overshadow even any supporting cast of barfi as her acting was so lame.
o then why so much ppl are wanting her to win the best actress award this yr 🥱