Members Lounge
Members Lounge

India-Forums

   

Hurricane Sandy Slamming East Coast USA (Page 46)

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor
Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 130041

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Yep I am sure they will. They can't handle it on their own.
MahikaL Senior Member
MahikaL
MahikaL

Joined: 14 June 2009
Posts: 377

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Hi, I am not a frequent poster but love Punar Vivah. We are from NJ and still have no power. We have had to shift to a hotel in Philadelphia because the cold was unbearable for the children. My son also has medical equipment which requires electricity to run. The situation is terrible, no estimated date to have power again, and we are tired and more than ready to go home. 

I know we are fortunate in many ways. Lots of people are suffering much more. 

Anyway, trying to stay positive. And wishing all the best to others affected by this monster of a storm. 


The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Priii-_Meena_

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Joined: 14 June 2007
Posts: 37005

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MahikaL

Hi, I am not a frequent poster but love Punar Vivah. We are from NJ and still have no power. We have had to shift to a hotel in Philadelphia because the cold was unbearable for the children. My son also has medical equipment which requires electricity to run. The situation is terrible, no estimated date to have power again, and we are tired and more than ready to go home. 

I know we are fortunate in many ways. Lots of people are suffering much more. 

Anyway, trying to stay positive. And wishing all the best to others affected by this monster of a storm. 



I'm really sorry to hear this. Will surely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well as all the other millions of people who are suffering. I hope you guys are able to get back home safely very soon. :(

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MahikaLFastFuriousgirl

MahikaL Senior Member
MahikaL
MahikaL

Joined: 14 June 2009
Posts: 377

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks very much, Rani. We went back to the house to gather some more clothing and medications and the house was painfully cold. It was difficult even to feel our hands. I know I'm being a choosy refugee but the hotel is pretty gross and I cannot wait to get out of here! 

If the lights come back soon, we will really know what it is to celebrate Diwali gratefully! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Piano1422FastFuriousgirl

Mrs.ZSK IF-Sizzlerz
Mrs.ZSK
Mrs.ZSK

Joined: 27 July 2009
Posts: 15559

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
i visited both New Jersey and NY this weekend.

the day i went to New Jersey a couple hours after we arrive my family's power came back on after a week. . .but some places still have no power.

the gas stations have lines that run for MILES. . .and i am not exaggerating.  My cousin waited 2 hours in line to fill up his car with gas. . .i felt so bad for everyone .

And i felt like there were so many roads closed that just drove you crazy cuz it made your trip to somewhere twice as long.

I went to Manhattan New York as well. . .and that part had power. . nothing too bad. Except we were supposed to go to wall street but the whole place was flooded, so yes it's still bad in NY as well.

Still praying for the well being of everyone.


The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Priii-_Meena_

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor
Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 130041

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MahikaL

Thanks very much, Rani. We went back to the house to gather some more clothing and medications and the house was painfully cold. It was difficult even to feel our hands. I know I'm being a choosy refugee but the hotel is pretty gross and I cannot wait to get out of here! 

If the lights come back soon, we will really know what it is to celebrate Diwali gratefully! 


I'll pray for you. I hope you get back soon and everything will be fine. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MahikaL

MahikaL Senior Member
MahikaL
MahikaL

Joined: 14 June 2009
Posts: 377

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, shreya. You are so kind. 

There is gas rationing in effect north of exit 8 on the turnpike. Today, only even numbered license plates were allowed to fill up gas. They have to do something to maintain order and not run out. 

Delayed Halloween celebrations will be observed in areas where power has been restored. We'll be taking the kids to a relative's place in Mercer county for that. 


The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KhotaSikaShreya-Priii-_Meena_

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor
Joined: 30 November 2010
Posts: 130041

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MahikaL

Thank you so much, shreya. You are so kind. 

There is gas rationing in effect north of exit 8 on the turnpike. Today, only even numbered license plates were allowed to fill up gas. They have to do something to maintain order and not run out. 

Delayed Halloween celebrations will be observed in areas where power has been restored. We'll be taking the kids to a relative's place in Mercer county for that. 




I'm sure everything will be fine soon. We've always managed to recover from any events of nature. 

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Meddle east school riyadh - admission

Author: mannarkkadryd   Replies: 0   Views: 292

mannarkkadryd 0 292 20 October 2010 at 1:48am by mannarkkadryd
Reflections- A Katrina Hurricane Handbag Story

Author: lovelouisvuitto   Replies: 0   Views: 369

lovelouisvuitto 0 369 03 February 2009 at 8:15pm by lovelouisvuitto
Difference between East vs West...funny

Author: sippy_a   Replies: 8   Views: 688

sippy_a 8 688 01 April 2008 at 1:23am by legallyzoya
houston hurricane

2 3 4

Author: purplesparklz78   Replies: 25   Views: 1211

purplesparklz78 25 1211 25 September 2005 at 12:48am by coolmove
OMG! HURRICANE RITA HEADING MY WAY!!!

2 3 4

Author: PixieDust91   Replies: 25   Views: 1049

PixieDust91 25 1049 22 September 2005 at 3:05am by cutelovelygirl

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Members Lounge Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index