Members Lounge

Hurricane Sandy Slamming East Coast USA (Page 46)

Post Reply New Post

Page 46 of 47

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Yep I am sure they will. They can't handle it on their own.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hurricane Sandy Slamming East Coast USA (Page 46)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MahikaL

MahikaL

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Hi, I am not a frequent poster but love Punar Vivah. We are from NJ and still have no power. We have had to shift to a hotel in Philadelphia because the cold was unbearable for the children. My son also has medical equipment which requires electricity to run. The situation is terrible, no estimated date to have power again, and we are tired and more than ready to go home. 

I know we are fortunate in many ways. Lots of people are suffering much more. 

Anyway, trying to stay positive. And wishing all the best to others affected by this monster of a storm. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

QH_DDEJ_Fan_Meena_

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MahikaL

Hi, I am not a frequent poster but love Punar Vivah. We are from NJ and still have no power. We have had to shift to a hotel in Philadelphia because the cold was unbearable for the children. My son also has medical equipment which requires electricity to run. The situation is terrible, no estimated date to have power again, and we are tired and more than ready to go home. 

I know we are fortunate in many ways. Lots of people are suffering much more. 

Anyway, trying to stay positive. And wishing all the best to others affected by this monster of a storm. 

I'm really sorry to hear this. Will surely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well as all the other millions of people who are suffering. I hope you guys are able to get back home safely very soon. :(

MahikaLFastFuriousgirl

MahikaL

MahikaL

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks very much, Rani. We went back to the house to gather some more clothing and medications and the house was painfully cold. It was difficult even to feel our hands. I know I'm being a choosy refugee but the hotel is pretty gross and I cannot wait to get out of here! 

If the lights come back soon, we will really know what it is to celebrate Diwali gratefully! 

Piano1422FastFuriousgirl

Mrs.ZSK

IF-Sizzlerz

Mrs.ZSK

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
i visited both New Jersey and NY this weekend.

the day i went to New Jersey a couple hours after we arrive my family's power came back on after a week. . .but some places still have no power.

the gas stations have lines that run for MILES. . .and i am not exaggerating.  My cousin waited 2 hours in line to fill up his car with gas. . .i felt so bad for everyone .

And i felt like there were so many roads closed that just drove you crazy cuz it made your trip to somewhere twice as long.

I went to Manhattan New York as well. . .and that part had power. . nothing too bad. Except we were supposed to go to wall street but the whole place was flooded, so yes it's still bad in NY as well.

Still praying for the well being of everyone.

QH_DDEJ_Fan_Meena_

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

Thanks very much, Rani. We went back to the house to gather some more clothing and medications and the house was painfully cold. It was difficult even to feel our hands. I know I'm being a choosy refugee but the hotel is pretty gross and I cannot wait to get out of here! 

If the lights come back soon, we will really know what it is to celebrate Diwali gratefully! 

I'll pray for you. I hope you get back soon and everything will be fine. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MahikaL

MahikaL

MahikaL

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much, shreya. You are so kind. 

There is gas rationing in effect north of exit 8 on the turnpike. Today, only even numbered license plates were allowed to fill up gas. They have to do something to maintain order and not run out. 

Delayed Halloween celebrations will be observed in areas where power has been restored. We'll be taking the kids to a relative's place in Mercer county for that. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KhotaSikaShreyaQH_DDEJ_Fan_Meena_

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged

Thank you so much, shreya. You are so kind. 

There is gas rationing in effect north of exit 8 on the turnpike. Today, only even numbered license plates were allowed to fill up gas. They have to do something to maintain order and not run out. 

Delayed Halloween celebrations will be observed in areas where power has been restored. We'll be taking the kids to a relative's place in Mercer county for that. 

I'm sure everything will be fine soon. We've always managed to recover from any events of nature. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top