Launch of Life OK's Ramleela.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Launch of Life OK's Ramleela, Ajay Devagn Ke Saath

Life OK will present the biggest ever visual extravaganza on Indian television – Ramleela, Ajay Devgn Ke Saath – this festive season. A musical based on the epic saga of Ramayana, with a blend of traditional dance and drama, will be showcased in a never before seen format.

Life OK will delight its viewers to brighten up their celebrations. Ajay Devgn will present the musical experience of 'Ramleela' featuring more than 20 songs wrapped up crisply in a five episode series. The battle of good against evil will air from October 21st to November 18th, 2012 every Sunday at 8pm. The show was launched today in Mumbai in a grand style that featured scintillating performances by its cast and crew.

Life OK's novel take on Ramleela adds a fresh aroma to the mythological experience of Ramayana! Created on a much bigger canvas, Ramleela proudly engages some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry including Ajay Devgn as Sutradhar, Rajniesh Duggal as Ram, Richa Pallod as Sita, Aman Yattan Verma as Raavan, Anu Malik's magical touch as the music director of the title track, Remo D'Souza as the choreographer and national award winner Swanand Kirkire as script consultant.

The Ramayana saga has been produced by Wizcraft International which has mastered the production of musicals. Darshan Jhariwala is the Theatrical Director for Ramleela. Omung Kumar, ace art director has built unique and astounding sets to recreate the journey of Ramayana. Grand arches, massive gates, gigantic statues, lethal weapons are all weaved in a decor that reflects on the splendor and glory of Lord Rama's times. The show tells an age-old tale through modern technology, state of the art sound; lights and special effects, fights & dances on trapezes and pyro & hydro techniques.

Ajay Devgn who plays a Sutradhar explains his latest avatar, "We all have grown up listening to the tales of Ramayana and Mahabharata. Being a worshipper myself, I believe that these beautiful tales have some great lessons of life to teach us. In today's fast and competitive society, surprisingly such lessons derived from these simple tales make our lives so much simpler and meaningful. It makes us a better person! And that's one of the key reasons I decided to be a part of Ram Leela. The show is a five episode special from Dusshera to Diwali, but with every episode we aim at highlighting some important lessons derived from the beautiful story of Ramayana, and that too in a very entertaining manner. The story shall be presented as a musical; from dancing and drama to physical stunts, lavish sets and amazing special effects, Ram Leela shall have it all. We have the biggest of names in the entertainment industry associated with the show. Being India's first musical on television, I consider it to be a revolutionary step