•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Up close & personal with Life OK's Sita aka Richa Pallod

Richa Pallod, Model turned actress, started her modeling career at the age of 16 and made her foray into the glittering world of bollywood with a very short role in the film 'Pardes'  in 1997. After that she started doing ad-films and music videos. Yes, Yes we all saw her in the most cutest music video by Falguni Pathak: 'Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi' and 'Piya Se Mil Ke Aaye Nain'.

On the sets of Ram Leela, the upcoming show on Life OK, Adgully caught up with Richa who is playing Sita in the show to get a sneak peek into her character and her life.

Speaking about being a part of such a format, she said, "I have done a lot ad-films and many bollywood and south Indian films and Television which was always offered to me but it was me who was always hunting for something different and finally I got what I wanted."

This is really a different and one-of-its kind show for her. She says, "This is not television though but what is interesting is the fact that I am getting to work with such lovely team of bollywood actors in a completely different format."

With its new show, Ram Leela, Life OK plans to take the mythological experience to a different level altogether! Apart from Ajay Devgn, as Sutradhar, Ram Leela boasts off some of the biggest names in the Bollywood industry. Being made on a grand scale, the cast is full of Bollywood actors, with popular names from the industry portraying this epic tale like Rajneesh Duggal is playing Lord Ram, Aman Yatin Verma will be seen as Ravana to name a few.

What made Richa say 'Yes' for the role was the fact that this concept of Ram Leela is very different. "We all have heard of Ram Leela but no one can imagine it in a musical broad-way show and which made my role even more challenging; the entire presentation and the fact that I had to perform on stage with such dramatic sets excited me to the core."

The actress bagged her Filmfare best actress award for her role in her debut Telugu film, 'Nuvve Kavali' in 2000, and that was her 'the moment' and 'the most remember able moment.'

Richa feels that the biggest challenge in terms of fitting into the shoes of 'Sita' was to get that feel of being pretty, humble, traditional, ethenic body language and yes the fact that it was a live stage and they had to shoot a three minute song in three minutes.

She concluded, "It has been amazing working with the entire team of Ram Leela and I am expecting that people accept me with all the love in this role as well."

She did several films in Tamil, Kannada and Hindi. Her first Hindi film as a lead was opposite Fardeen Khan in Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein which did not do so well in the box-office though but the actress acted pretty well.

Edited by .Senorita. - 11 years ago