CID

Celebrities F Factor

iss3 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

F Factor

Switch from the pitch
From a cricketer to an actor

Since he bid adieu to cricket, Salil Ankola has gone on to become a successful actor. His small screen exploits have been appreciated and rewarded by one and all. He is coming of his own on the big screen as well. However, one striking thing about Salil is that he has maintained his health and fitness even after leaving cricket.

ShaadiTimes unravels a few fitness secrets of Salil Ankola

Gymming is the way...
Being an ex-cricketer, everyone expects you to be fit and fine every time. Ofcourse, you are well versed with various fitness regimes, but it's not the same anymore. To remain fit I go to the gym regularly. It's a 6 day gymming schedule. I mostly do weight training - one body part a day. On the seventh day I play any sport - tennis, cricket or football.

I am a foodie...
My dietary habits are simple. Oil is a strict no-no. I eat lot's of meat and fish. I love the food of my native place - Karwar. I like to eat kebabs, especially at the restaurant, Mirchi. I also frequently eat brunches at J.W. Marriott. Italian food at Don Giovanni is another favorite. Other international cuisines that I prefer are Thai and Chinese.

My recipe: Fish curry Take a combination of a variety of fishes - pomfret, crabs, prawns, or any other fish of your choice.
Cut mid size onions into small pieces, mix with garlic and fry the mixture in a pan. Fry till it becomes golden in colour.
Put Malwani masala  in it.
Remove it from the pan and grind it, making it a paste by mixing coconut milk and not water.
Put it back in the pan. Add a little more coconut milk in it. Cover the pan from the top and let it fry for a couple of minutes.
Add the fish in the mixture and serve with rice.

On my dream date...
Well, my dream date would definitely be with my wife. I would love to go to coastal places like Goa, or resorts near a beach. I prefer holidaying at a beach.

F Factor

Food n Fitness formula of Sudhanshu Pandey

Sudhanshu Pandey wears many hats. Besides the cookery show he hosts, he also finds time to sing and act. From a television star to Jackie Chan's co-star in The Myth, Pandey has come a long way. A very conscious eater, Sudhanshu also works out daily.

Know his food and fitness routine.

Workouts...
I work out for one and half hour daily. Alternate days I do weight training and cardio vascular. Weight training helps you to develop muscles and biceps and cardio helps to have firm lower body. The alternate therapy helps in giving rest to your muscles and thereby helping them to grow. Also one should remember to drink lots of water in between workouts to hydrate your system.
I don't indulge in heavy workouts as they are meant for those who desire a muscular body. I do light weights for a leaner body.

Diet...
Your diet is an essential factor, more than workouts. One should always have the correct balanced diet. My food consists of carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. I eat everything in a balanced manner. My mantra is to never overeat, as it is very unhealthy practice.

My breakfast consists of oats with dry fruits and milk
Lunch comprises of dal, chawal, roti and sabzi with curd
After 3 pm, I reduce my intake of carbs because the metabolism of your body is low, hence you feel more lethargic in the afternoons.
Dinner is much lighter. I don't take starch or proteins like dal

Cooking experience...
I can cook but I never cook because of the time factor. However I can cook dal, rice, pulao. My favourite dish is 'Rajma chawal'. I am not that fond of chocolates. But love rasgullas, jalebis.

F Factor

Shweta Kawaatra
I want to have a dinner date with Big B

Pretty and perfect, Shweta Kawaatra is obsessed with her skin and health. She believes that women need to work out harder to stay healthy and all you need to do is eat right and exercise.

Food is God
It means a lot to me. And there is nothing like home-cooked food. I strictly carry my dabba of home cooked food to the set. I diet but that does not mean I fast. It simply means eating five times a day and eating right. I have a very big sweet tooth. I like to eat only jalebis from the mithaiwala. Sweetmeats like kheer, halwa I prefer having homemade especially when prepared by my mom.

My taste
I love Thai, Chinese and North Indian food. 'Thai ban' in Bandra, Urban Tadka and the The Chawla's in Oshiwara, Andheri are my favourite eating joints in Mumbai.

Women need to work out harder
I work out daily by going to the gym regularly to do my cardio. I go to the beach for a walk every day. Exercising and staying fit is very important, because I feel I am safe even if I eat rubbish at times. At 27 or 28 women start depositing fat specially after you have had children and so you need to work out harder to get rid of it.

Dainty diet
I have five meals a day.

Breakfast : Egg white omelette, 2 slices of bread, a glass of milk or soup.

Mid mornings : At around 11 a.m, I have some fruit

Lunch : One veg, some curd or dal, 2 rotis and salad

Evening : Some more fruits!

Dinner : Same as lunch but I don't have rotis

Obsessed beauty
Taking care of my skin is an obsession for me. I regularly use a paste made out of besan, multani mitti and milk for my skin. I go to the parlour for a naturopathy face clean up every month. 10 minutes before going to bed I apply different creams, one for my lips, one for my face, one for my hands and so on. I don't have to worry because my mom is into cosmetics!

My word
A brisk walk daily is very healthy for your heart and it keeps everything in control like diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and what not. One gets osteoporosis very soon. Coco cola, coffee, tea all these eat into our bone so you need to avoid these. Instead have a glass of milk, its good for all and not just for kids.
Your eating diet should be disciplined because your stomach feels full 10 minutes after you have had your meal. Do not have water 20 minutes before or after meals or else your digestive system becomes weak. Avoid oily stuff. Lot of people believe that when they begin to exercise or after they stop exercising they will put on weight. This is a myth. When you exercise your body needs energy, so you start eating more and it becomes a habit. Hence when you stop exercising you need to modify your eating habits. Instead of eating the same amount of food you need to eat less.

Wine and dine
I would like to go out for a dinner date with Brad Pitt or Amitabh Bachchan. Instead of making it a surprise dinner date, I would ask my date for some suggestions to make it more meaningful and romantic. My preference would be a candle-lit Egyptian restaurant where I would have some spicy food and some great wine.

F Factor

Rajeev Khandelwal - Fresh food turns me on

He sweeps you off your feet with his million-dollar smile, innocent eyes and 'ready to take home to mummy' image. As Sujal in 'Kahiin To Hoga', Rajeev Khandelwal certainly ruled television and became the new teenage sensation of the small screen.
Fitness wise, the handsome hunk maintains a very healthy and nutritious diet. He shares some secrets with Shaaditimes...

I prefer sports to gym
I am a fitness buff but I would clearly mention that I am not a gym freak. I prefer to sweat the calories out by playing a sport rather than in a gym. I love playing, be it badminton, squash or swimming. In fact, it would not be wrong if you called me a sports buff. I think sports is the best form of cardiovascular exercise which keeps you fit and in shape. Of course, I do hit the gym twice a week where I do some weight training in order to have a well-toned body.

Fresh food turns me on
I am very conscious of the food that I eat and I always prefer to have a balanced diet. This is something, which I've been taking care of since my college days. I am very fond of eating salads, sprouts and fresh fruits because of their nutritional value. In fact fresh food turns me on. Also, I prefer to have the salad chopped in my presence so that I know that it is fresh. I believe that food loses its nutritional value when it gets stale.
So when my dabbawala gets my dabba at 2 in the afternoon, he cooks the food only after 12 and not before that!

I eat wholesome meals
Maintaining / losing your weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise. Hence I am very careful about my diet and specially take care that the food I eat is fresh.
Basically, I have a King's breakfast, a princely lunch and a pauper's dinner. In the morning I eat almonds which are soaked overnight. Whatever I eat I see that I get the maximum nutrition from my meals.

DIET WISE
Breakfast
My breakfast is generally heavy comprising brown bread (or poha or a bowl of sprouts with lots of peas and mushrooms in it), a bowl of muesli / cornflakes, an egg white, fresh fruits and a vitamin supplement.

Lunch
Lunch is again a heavy affair with chappatis, which are made from a mixture of jowar, bajra, oatmeal, and wheatgerm, which are rich in fibre. My chappatis are so nutritious that even if I eat chappatis with pickle for lunch it would be a good wholesome lunch for me.
I am a vegetarian, so dal, vegetable and a salad are a must.

Dinner
Dinner is light and consists of two rotis and a bowl of steamed or half boiled vegetables. I avoid rice. I don't eat in between meals or if I really want to, then I have a glass of fresh juice or coconut water.

Cooking is my favourite pastime
I love cooking. Sometimes, even when I come home as late as 10 in the night I still cook a bowl of vegetable for myself. I love cutting and pealing vegetables myself, so I guess, that's the main reason behind my cooking.
I love cooking green vegetables like spinach and bitter gourd in my own style which is very easy to make and nutritious. For e.g., if I want to eat bitter gourd I would boil it and then chop it into small pieces. After that I toss it in a pan with a little oil and season it with black pepper and salt. That's the way I generally prepare other veggies as well.

Fitness mantra
Maintain a healthy diet and don't over-indulge in anything. Maintain a balance in whatever you eat. Try and eat natural food, as far as possible, because nature cannot be supplemented with anything else, neither can it be replaced with artificial supplements.

F Factor

Food n Fitness formula of Anoop Soni

Making his mark from television and now on the big screen, is Anoop Soni. The talented actor, who thinks that fitness is not just pumping iron but also all about looking your best. He shares his ideas of staying fit with ShaadiTimes.

Food is not everything for me, but yes it is something, which one should not overlook.

A strict diet
From Monday to Friday I follow a strict diet. My breakfast consists of a 6 egg- white omelette, which I have been having for the last 4 years. Lunch is always conventional- dal, sabji, and 3 chapatis. I avoid rice. Dinner is a soup, sprout salad and 2 pieces of chicken.

Saturdays and Sundays I just freak out on food. I eat everything and anything from idli, dosa, paratha to Chinese. But, if at all I break rules between Monday to Friday, I make it up by not eating on Saturday or Sunday.

I usually carry my dabba on the set. I love chocolate, mithai, but I try and avoid them.

Eat out
I like to eat out at least twice a week. You will mostly see me at Spices in Marriott or Legacy of China.

I freak on Chinese and Thai cuisines. Sundays I take my family to the Marriott for a buffet.

Like to cook
I am not a very good cook, but my wife is. After I got married I have explored different kinds of food. I cook delicious continental food by referring to the recipe book.

Health freak
I work out at least 4 or 5 times a week at a gym. I basically opt for cardio and weight exercises. No matter what I do not break this routine. This special care is really essential not to look good but to be fit and fine. Being in the business of acting this is essential. Since the past 4 years I have gained a lot of weight and hence I exercise not to look good but to remain fit.

A family dinner...
Would be Thai food with my wife and my children on a beach.

His mantra
We all like fried food but they should be avoided or atleast minimised. We should not forget that excess of anything is bad. Too much of exercise is also not good. Also do not refrain from eating, because if you do then one fine day you will get frustrated and will end up eating 6 samosas in one go! So eat, but eat healthy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
kool..thanks for sharing!!
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow thanks for sharing intresting articles..their fans might happy to read this... 😳