Aaah, Gurmeet and Kratika are just too cute!
Zee Rishtey Awards 2012 [Nominations Special Episode]
- After watching the entire episode, I can truly appreciate the Punar Vivaah moments so much more than I did when I only saw the Yash-Aarti portions! (The other couples had some nice moments, too - and seeing the food they were eating made me really hungry!
I wanted to go on a tour of India myself while watching this.) [As I'm watching this again, I'm going to be oscillating between "Yash and Aarti" and "Gurmeet and Kratika" in my descriptions]
- The background songs that were used for Yash-Aarti are fantastic. Love them ALL. Delhi 6 (Delhi-6), Ik Onkar (Rang De Basanti), Bheegi Si Bhaagi Si (Rajneeti), Sajda (My Name is Khan), Tum Ho (Rockstar), Dekho Na (Fanaa). More on that as I go along!
[Nomination] Favorite Parivaar
- This nomination is quite unique because it only had Yash and Aarti asking for the support of the audience, as opposed to the show's entire family getting the nomination scroll and then finding out about their family being nominated. The scenario is quite different from the other shows' nominations, too, and I really like how it was done: Yash is in a playful mood - he knows what's on the scroll already, but he wants to have a little fun first! It's so cute how we can hear Aarti's bangles tinkling as she tries to grab the scroll; Kratika's giggles and squeal of happiness (and Gurmeet's "Ohh! No, she got it!" expression) are priceless!
- When Aarti gets the scroll, Yash's face falls spectacularly, LOL! Gurmeet glances at the camera for a second as Kratika is speaking, which gave me the impression of Yash thinking, "She found out after all..." "Aap ne mujhe pehle kyun nahi bataaya?" The look that Aarti gives Yash is great! Oh man, Aarti's little nod in response to Yash saying, "Well, since you've found out about it, we should ask them for support" and then the way Gurmeet looks at Kratika when he's done speaking, as if to say, "I'm done, was that everything? Was that okay?" and her answering with a "Yes, that was great!" look - they are awesome!
[Nomination] Favorite Popular Face - Male
- In true Aarti style (which makes sense, but still), Kratika says some lovely things about how her (Aarti's) life is beautiful because of her Yashji...How his support every step of the way has made her life more beautiful...
- Kratika is so good at what I have come to call "verbal underlining" - I had to make up a phrase a while back (during a previous DotD post) just to describe what she does with her voice when she's placing stress/emphasis on something. She's SO good at vocal inflection and tonal changes.
"Yeh Dilli hai, mere yaar...Bas ishq, mohabbat, pyaar..."
- The first few notes of Delhi 6 sounded, and I was grinning from ear to ear. Then Gurmeet and Kratika introduce us to Dilwaalon Ki Dilli, and my smile got wider and wider as they went on their tour.
- "Yahaan ki kudiyaan hai kamaal!" "Yahaan ke munde hai dhamaal!" - A fun, enthusiastic start to their tour of Delhi, and I love their hand gestures! Gurmeet and Kratika seem genuinely enthusiastic about their visit to Delhi and I love their voices so much more now that I've seen more of the other actors in this episode. Gurmeet-Kratika's vocal inflection abilities make listening to them SO much FUN!
The smile on Gurmeet's face as Kratika says her line makes me feel really
happy. This is a fact, but still restating the obvious: their smiles and laughter are incredibly
- "Hum sab ki hai yeh..." *in unison* "Pyaari Dilli!" - And not only do they say that in unison...They also make the same gesture! Gaaah. Perfection. At the very beginning.
This is me:
The entire time I'm watching them in this, every time, that smile doesn't go away for even a second!
Ik Onkar: At the Sri Bangla Sahib Gurudwara
- Look at the crowd!
So many people, all so well-behaved, too. What I love about this promotional excursion is that Gurmeet-Kratika aka Yash-Aarti haven't come to visit a family or set of people; it's like the characters have come to the city to visit the gurudwara for blessings and for a little Dilli darshan (sightseeing outing) at the same time. The way they interact with the couple at the end is nicely done: a "coincidental" casual interaction with a newly-married couple. Very nice!
- I love hearing Ik Onkar even though I can never remember the meaning until I look up the translation...It's such a soothing, peaceful song. This rendition is beautiful, I've always loved it.
- Watching Gurmeet-Kratika at the gurudwara makes me think of the Kun Faya Kun sequences at the dargah. Punar Vivaah has presented faith in such a beautiful way...It's interesting that Yash and Aarti come to visit a holy place on their "tour" instead of going to other famous spots, but I like this even more because it is consistent with the texture/mood and themes of the show, as well as the characters themselves. It really does feel like Yash and Aarti are praying at the gurudwara (probably because Gurmeet and Kratika were truly doing so), and that is absolutely lovely. Very beautiful, stunning shots, too.
- The little moments. It's all about the little moments! Aarti laying a gentle hand on Yash's arm to stop him; her smile and averted eyes as he tells her what he asked for; Yash's proud, "I know I'm smart and handsome, but hearing it from you is like music to my ears!" expression; the way they both start laughing afterwards - awww, ahahah! So sweet, they are so sweet. Kratika being very Aarti-like and clutching her dupatta (and that signature gesture of leaning forward while laughing) and the way Gurmeet stands there watching her laugh and smiling at her when she comes up again and looks at him...Hayye, their smiles! *whispers* It's adorable how Kratika laughs and Gurmeet almost starts laughing along with her - he does this sort of silent chuckle as she looks at him again. And the use of Bheegi Si Bhaagi Si in the background. Perfect music choice again! Light, happy, sweet.
- The couple who spoke to them seems really nice. Their love for the show (and the way they speak to Gurmeet and Kratika so naturally using their screen names) is very sweet, too. Kratika's impromptu interruptions/additions ("A fourth one is on the way!") just go to show how her interactions with people are very casual and conversational; LOL at Gurmeet starting to clap but stopping because Kratika decides to be sweet and speak out to everyone present there. He waits for her to finish and then starts clapping properly, haha!
"Tum ho...Mere liye..."
- "Aartiji...Sach mein bahut achcha lag raha hai..." - That music
. The way they're just casually strolling side by side. The way she looks at him and looks away, while keeping her hands in that characteristic position - she's holding onto the corner of her dupatta, aww!...The way he leans toward her while looking at her pointedly
as she doesn't answer him but smiles slightly...(My initial reaction: HOLY freaking cow...Did he really just do that?! *siiigh* There they go with the sweet-seductive vibes again!) That one moment kills me every
single time I watch it! What makes it even better is that she changes the mood so that it's sweet but less intense. That makes me wonder if Aarti is actually going to do the same thing with Yash sometimes later - or vice versa, also! Ah, but the things she says are very, very sweet and I love how Aarti's poetic eloquence has been incorporated into these dialogues. I, for one, love how she speaks in the show...And it's present here, too. "Aur shayad issiliye Uparwaale ne mere saare raaste...aapse jod diye hai..."
- Conversational mood, even when Kratika gets into promotional mode (and she gets the bulk of the promotional/nomination lead-in lines). It's amazing how she blends the promotional lines into the more natural "Aarti" lines and balances everything so that it doesn't sound forced. Gurmeet, for his part, keeps the dialogue flowing fabulously between the two of them, complete with inflection and hand gestures; as always, I really like the fact that they look at each other so often when they're speaking and listening to each other. That's how real conversations are in any case.
[Nomination] Favorite Jodi
- After listening to the other jodis, something struck me about Yash-Aarti and the way they speak. There's a more sophisticated manner to them. More poise, more eloquence, more flow...
- Gurmeet playing with the balloon!
That was an unexpectedly cute moment! If anything, Yash and Aarti are calm, collected, and poised, even when being emphatic about something. The mirroring is back again - both of them do that tiny nod of emphasis at the end! And of course, the way they always look at each other when they're in front of the camera together is absolutely the sweetest thing ever. It's a trademark of theirs by now - they've been doing that ever since the PV launch, and I love that about them!
(Completely random: Did Yash/Gurmeet button up his shirt a little bit more for this segment? LOL! It seems like it...And that just makes me wonder why his shirt was unbuttoned so much before...*shakes head* Now I'm thinking of ZRA Promo 2! Oh, what these two do to my brain...)
- "Chaliye Aartiji..." - Ahaha, so cute how Yash nudges her with his elbow and Aarti's immediate response is a look that says, "Hey!" after which a slightly confused expression replaces it. Oh, I am going to adore their banter when they are head over heels in love with each other. Even more cuteness: he holds out his hands, she puts her hands in his, he helps her up, and they walk off happily, hand-in-hand. Gah, I love these nuances so much.
- Yash showing Aarti a potential handbag?
And it looked like they were shopping for shirts before that, possibly for Yash. Man, how sweet can they get?!
- "Yashji, aaiyye toh!" - LMAO at the semi-disoriented expression on Gurmeet's face as Kratika pulls and propels him by holding onto his elbow! The way they act really does make me think of two people who are quite comfortable with each other...His elbow, of all parts of the arm...LOL.
- "Nahi!!! Nahi! Woh mat dikhaaiyega - woh achcha nahi
hai, Aartji. *pointed look* - Haha, Kratika's "Really?
Then...Uhh..." face, followed by the instant brightening of the features as Aarti spots another pretty sari...
- "White waali? Aartiji, white waali sari nahi pehna karte." - Oh my gosh, I love this. Yash's "Did you really just say 'white'?" tone and the gentle but firm tone he uses to tell her that she can't wear a white sari - both so great. The unspoken messages there...Uff. Who wrote these segments? I want to hug them.
- "Toh phir ek kaam kariye, aap mujhe apni pasand ki koi sari dila dijiye na -" "Aartiji..." - And I love this even more!
Aarti's all like, "Well, why don't you find me a sari that you like if none of the ones I choose are acceptable to you...? Can you do that?" and he points to one even before she is able to finish her sarcastic, frustrated rant. Once again, the expressions on both their faces are adorable!
- The timing of Dekho Na (Sunidhi's voice is like silk!) is perfect, perfect, perfect. The expressions on Kratika's face as Gurmeet wraps the fabric around her are the sweetest.
- "Aartiji, aap hamesha bahut khoobsurat lagti hai." - And then the man goes on to say that there are more "khoobsurat ladkiyaan," which bursts my bubble of happiness for a moment. *sigh* Oh well, he didn't have a choice - that was semi-promotional mode for Gurmeet, with Kratika taking the baton and finishing up with a cheerful lead-in in full promotional mode! If Aartiji is okay with Yashji proclaiming that she's not the only khoobsurat ladki out there, then I guess I'm okay with it, too.
[Nomination] Favorite Popular Face - Female
- "Aisi hai MERI Aartiji." - Ohh my god! *dies* I LOVE hearing him say that! Yash thinks very highly of his wife, and I love everything he says about her. Gussa about the other "khoobsurat ladkiyaan" of Zee TV is gone now!
- "Toh please! Vote kijiye!" - Goodness gracious, Gurmeet is so, so sweet in this segment! He uses quite a few variations of "Pleaaase vote for her!" in the span of just a few seconds! Yashji must really care for his Aartji...
(LOL, that was more of Gurmeet than Yash, I feel...This totally reminded me of Gurmeet/Kratika's voting appeals during JDJ5!) I love how he says "humaari Aartji" at one point, too. SO sweet!!!
- The editing of the Delhi intro is awesome. It goes so well with the song! I like the editing/song choices for the Lucknow intro (PSH) as well.
- The Manav-Archana parts were nice, but I wish Hiten-Ankita had been available to shoot together...The PR title song always makes me really emotional because of the way it has been sung. There's a haunting quality to it...
- They actually had a picture of Indira (Rati) smiling?!
Where did that come from? I miss Indira. Zara is awesome, but I miss Rishi-Indira. Chhoti Hitler aka Indu is cute. I like how she asked for votes for her Badi Hitler (Indira? or Zara? That is the question!)
- Kratika has some really tough competition (this is why I hate popularity-based awards sometimes) - perhaps that's why they stuck in the bit about the world being crazy/fida about the other nominees for that category. Vote, vote, vote, everyone in India! (Gurmeet's vote appeal as Aarti's Yashji...Aww!)
*I feel like I'm going to be back to add more to this later...*
Edited by MelodiousDreams - 28 October 2012 at 4:15am