KSBKBT bahu's

icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 08 May 2005 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
Bahu bytes

Devesh Sharma
Posted online: Friday, April 15, 2005 at 0000 hours IST

Shilpa Saklani-Agnihotri and Tasneem Sheikh speak on the good and bad side of being the Virani bahus.
Devesh Sharma
Shilpa Saklani-Agnihotri/Ganga
Life has changed after my own marriage. I have come to realise the nuances that exists between a husband and wife and that has helped me in my acting. I was chosen to play Tulsi's alter-ego and I feel that I have done a good job of that till now. Smriti Irani is our gold standard. If I feel that I have touched her level, it makes me happy. Kyunki ... has been a learning experience for me in more ways than one. I feel that not only am I a more complete actor but more complete person. But sometimes, being good too has its limits and to get away from it all I signed on Lavanya. I played a bubbly, cheerful girl of my age in the serial and it too had a good run. I am happy that Kyunki ... has crossed the 1000 mark. After the next generational leap, I too am going to turn a saas I am looking forward to the challenge.
Tasneem Sheikh/Mohini
Mohini plays games. She uses people like pawns. However, she doesn't come out in the open and manipulates people subtly. Despite playing a negative character, I have been appreciated by the viewers. This shows that such characters exist in real life too.

I am a relative newcomer to the serial but have been welcomed into the Kyunki ... family with open arms. I feel it is important for an actor to have such a wonderful support systerm because it inspires you to give your best.

Saas speak
The troika of Apara Mehta, Komalika and Smirti Irani speak on how being a saas in reel life has affected them.

Apara Mehta/Savita
Savita has been my alter-ego these last five years. However, I don't let her enter my real household. She stops at the dehleej. The first thing I do after coming inside the house is to peel off my heavy saree and slip into a comfortable pair of jeans. To keep myself sane I keep doing Gujarati theatre. In fact, I have done more shows these last five years than at any other time of my career. My earlier serial, Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka too had celebrated 1000 episodes, so I know what the feeling is like. The people associated with Kyunki ... are like my extended family. We spend some 12 hours each day together and I miss them if I take an odd holiday. The biggest trial of my life is being Savita. She's a dominating saas and constantly questions everybody's decisions, especially Tulsi's. I'm not like her at all in real life and sometimes you feel like chucking it all up and leaving. That's when your professional training kicks in. You shrug-off your melancholy and move on with the job.
Komalika/Gayatri
You know, Ektaa named Komalika (played by Urvashi Dholakia) in Kasautii Zindagi Kay after me. Then, when I joined Ayushman they named me Urvashi! Life is a circle, as they say. When my character was introduced in Kyunki ..., it was made out that she had a liking for dance. Later, I also acquired a bahu who shared a similar taste. I have learned Odissi so being the character wasn't a problem. I was always shown to be a close associate of Savita but the turning point of my character was when I confronted her on being wrong. I feel that one should respect one's elders but one should also speak out against injustice. Now, we are all set to take another generational leap and with that would come other responsibilities. I am looking forward to another 1000 episodes and more.
Smriti Irani/Tulsi
I cringe when I see the earlier episodes of Kyunki ... because back then I used to ham a lot. Now, having learned much from the serial, I am confident that I will be able to play a 70-plus grandmother in the next time-leap. I will miss Ba. She was a constant source of inspiration. She is my favourite character in the serial and my closest friend and confidante. She and people like Apara Mehta have been a great help through my two pregnancies. I will never forget their support. I remember giving my first shot for the serial with the first Mihir (he was there only for the pilot) and as he looked like a model, I too was at my glamorous best. When Ektaa saw the rushes, she couldn't recognise me. "Where is the bholi-bhali ladki that I selected to play the protagonist?" On being told that it was the same girl behind the three-inch thick make up, she called me up and ticked me off left and right. "You are the heroine, not the vamp, remember that. I want you to look as unglamorous as possible." Five years from that date, that gawky girl has been transformed into a spirited young woman in real life. I am 29 and yet I think like a 70 year old. I walk with a slouch and feel the pressure of the world around me. Whenever I say things like, "Is generation ko to kuch samajtha hi nahin," on the sets, Apara pinches me and reminds me to act my age.
Bye-bye Ba
Sudha Shivpuri speaks on her oncoming farewell and life after Shantiniketan. I have been associated with the serial from the first day onwards and it will be sad having let go. My 'death' is scheduled sometime in July or August and the unit members are sad about it already. I have told them not to mourn my going as I would just be a phone call away but they say that life on the sets won't be the same without my constant presence. In this five years, I have come to feel that I really am the grandmother of everybody here. They all come to me with their little problems and I listen to them with a patient ear. I am going to miss them all because they are not just my professional colleagues today but mean so much more to me. My exit was planned much earlier and that's why at first I accepted Yeh Meri Life Hai. It was a sweet role and involved friendly interaction with Ashmit's character. Then, my exit from Kyunki ... got delayed and hence I said no. It is wrong sailing in two boats. They said they would adjust their schedules for me but shooting schedules do go haywire. One can't give their best with a sword hanging on one's head. I hail from theatre. After passing from NSD from 1963, it has been my constant companion. I will return to theatre and perhaps take up a serial if a good offer comes along. But wherever I may go, my blessings will always remain with them.

Madiha_07 IF-Dazzler
Madiha_07
Madiha_07

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
thank u for sharingSmile
#2 Kyunki fan Senior Member
#2 Kyunki fan
#2 Kyunki fan

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
thanxClap
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
awww!! thanx....i'm gonna miss baa!! awesome article!!Big smile
sportsguy131 Senior Member
sportsguy131
sportsguy131

Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:30am | IP Logged
hey thx for sharing the article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top