Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

My real issues with this show...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Inkpen4877

Goldie

Inkpen4877

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
At first I thought it was just that the idea that a woman would go back to her husband after he cheated on her, humiliated her etc.

But the reality is that is only part of it. One you do not cheat on someone you respect, so obviously Pradeep does not respect Mona, probably because he is an insecure man. The other part of it goes directly to the children that these 2 have together.

There is a reason I am utterly disappointed in the show, not just because its demeaning to women who have been cheated on, and thats just this- Mona's character she was a housewife, she was married to a man for 12 years, and they have 3 children together, not only did her husband have an affair, he left her for this other woman, her children KNOW he's had an affair and that he has a mistress- and when Mona takes him back her children are going to view this kind of behavior as acceptable. So when Bulbul/Rano get married they will look the other way when their husband cheats on them? And when Rajveer gets married will he assume its acceptable to cheat on his wife? 

All this show is showing that its perfectly ok to act reprehensibly, and that your "sanskari" wife will continue to worship the ground you walk on. *smh* Its pathetic and AS a woman I don't think I have ever been more insulted. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rtmsaishrayblytonshanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My real issues with this show..." in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Totally agree with all you said. But I have even more issues with the show. There are so many not-so-subtle messages in the narrative, which reinforce the male chauvinistic view that a career woman can never look after a family (Anu, Mallika); that girls who get into relationships before marriage will end up getting cheated (Taani); that only women who have arranged marriages and are housewives can be devoted wives and mothers (Mona); and that even rich, independent, worldly-wise women will only want to marry a housewife (Jatin, Vineet).

This show is actually the essence of all Ekta Krapoor has been pushing at us these 12 years since Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Nothing has changed. One BALH does not a Balaji make.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Inkpen4877rtmsaishray

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.