Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

   

Diwali bakwaas

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Joined: 04 April 2011
Posts: 9167

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
So it's that time of the year. Hindu housewives the world over are busy cleaning house for Diwali ala SNS house-wives.

My mum is no different. Washing walls started last week and new curtains go up next week and the list of tasks is endless. But what for exactly? So your house is clean. Do you feel proud now? Woo Hoo. Here have a lollypop.

Does God actually care that your house is clean? Nope. He/She doesn't give a fig about it. Forget about walls and curtains and all that other crap material stuff. You not taking any of it where you going... Sides you are not supposed to give a fig about material stuff anyways!

What matters is what is in your heart! That is what God cares about!

So ladies. forget about all your cleaning and washing and scrubbing and all that other bakwaas. Ask yourself instead...

Did I gossip about anyone today?
Did I think or speak harsh to someone?
Do I treat my parents/in-laws/elders with decency and respect?
Did I spend time watching rubbish tv serials instead of being with my family?
The list could go on... but you get the picture..

Clean your heart not your possessions!!!

PS. I really am like this in real life too. Just ask my mum LOL 


The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

mittykuttysancheetajeffymunnihyderabadilike_tvWisdom14doc4everheera1702swasthiawesome-rajiani_grJustlikethat1-Muskii-XarinaVidishaaDivineDarkness-Eris-

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Joined: 10 October 2011
Posts: 12086

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Good one ShaunStar
The concept behind cleaning was what you have just written added to which the physical cleaning is also involved. 
In India, Diwali is celebrated at time when the monsoon almost ends (in some places) and the climate turns colder. It will be colder for the next few months. The basis of cleaning is to make sure that they avoid any infections, sickness and diseases due to the residual dampness and cold.

The other part of it is exactly what you have put forth. The fact that Diwali is celebrated with lights is to send the demon in our minds and enlighten the souls. Ramayana and Narakasur Vad were all ways to make people realize the above said. 

So I agree but also do not think the house cleaning is not needed. Trust me, it is. Smile

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sancheetamunnihyderabadilike_tvWisdom14doc4everShaunSAswasthiDivineDarknessXarinaani_gr

PRINCESS_ALISHA IF-Sizzlerz
PRINCESS_ALISHA
PRINCESS_ALISHA

Joined: 17 November 2011
Posts: 11012

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Totally agree with u. We have to clean our hearts.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAswasthiani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

swasthi IF-Rockerz
swasthi
swasthi

Joined: 20 April 2011
Posts: 9836

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Well said Ashwin.

Whilst cleaning ones home is a tangible way whereby one can clearly see that one's place is clean, this time should also be used to clean one's mind and self, which is the intangible side.

This can be done through self-realisation and reflecting on aspects of one's habits and mannerisms. It lends itself to having the ability to draw on identifying one's strengths and considering areas for development. Elements of self awareness, managing one's feelings, motivation, empathy, social skills, resilience and problem solving can support one breaking down the intangible side enabling one to understand this clearer.

So here is the time to reflect on one's intangible side and work on detoxing it.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAJustlikethat1-Muskii-Xarinaani_gr

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Joined: 04 April 2011
Posts: 9167

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Good one ShaunStar
The concept behind cleaning was what you have just written added to which the physical cleaning is also involved. 
In India, Diwali is celebrated at time when the monsoon almost ends (in some places) and the climate turns colder. It will be colder for the next few months. The basis of cleaning is to make sure that they avoid any infections, sickness and diseases due to the residual dampness and cold.

The other part of it is exactly what you have put forth. The fact that Diwali is celebrated with lights is to send the demon in our minds and enlighten the souls. Ramayana and Narakasur Vad were all ways to make people realize the above said. 

So I agree but also do not think the house cleaning is not needed. Trust me, it is. Smile

Oh I agree the physical cleaning is needed lol. 

But yeah. The focus is only on the home and not the heart. Bit pointless actually from a spiritual point of view. But then again it is easier to clean a house than your heart Tongue

Typical example is SB... cleaning out her house but when you look at her behavior at the pandal's? Disgusting and filthy. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everswasthiani_grJustlikethat1-Muskii-Xarina

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Joined: 04 April 2011
Posts: 9167

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aasthanup

Totally agree with u. We have to clean our hearts.

Yep. The "Cleanliness is next to godliness" refers to clean hearts and minds too. Not only clean bodies and homes.


Edited by ShaunSA - 24 October 2012 at 11:22am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

doc4everswasthiani_grJustlikethat1-Muskii-Xarina

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Joined: 04 April 2011
Posts: 9167

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swasthi

Well said Ashwin.

Whilst cleaning ones home is a tangible way whereby one can clearly see that one's place is clean, this time should also be used to clean one's mind and self, which is the intangible side.

This can be done through self-realisation and reflecting on aspects of one's habits and mannerisms. It lends itself to having the ability to draw on identifying one's strengths and considering areas for development. Elements of self awareness, managing one's feelings, motivation, empathy, social skills, resilience and problem solving can support one breaking down the intangible side enabling one to understand this clearer.

So here is the time to reflect on one's intangible side and work on detoxing it.

Ah Swasthi. You always did have a way with words! Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvswasthiani_grXarina

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Joined: 10 October 2011
Posts: 12086

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShaunSA

Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Good one ShaunStar
The concept behind cleaning was what you have just written added to which the physical cleaning is also involved. 
In India, Diwali is celebrated at time when the monsoon almost ends (in some places) and the climate turns colder. It will be colder for the next few months. The basis of cleaning is to make sure that they avoid any infections, sickness and diseases due to the residual dampness and cold.

The other part of it is exactly what you have put forth. The fact that Diwali is celebrated with lights is to send the demon in our minds and enlighten the souls. Ramayana and Narakasur Vad were all ways to make people realize the above said. 

So I agree but also do not think the house cleaning is not needed. Trust me, it is. Smile

Oh I agree the physical cleaning is needed lol. 

But yeah. The focus is only on the home and not the heart. Bit pointless actually from a spiritual point of view. But then again it is easier to clean a house than your heart Tongue

Typical example is SB... cleaning out her house but when you look at her behavior at the pandal's? Disgusting and filthy. 

People like SB and UB do not like the enlightened part for they consider themselves in Nirvana state alreadyLOL For the above said festivals are about,

who wore the costliest dress
who burst the loudest crackers
who got the most admired
Dead Total bakwaas of course and they thrive in all this which makes it sadOuch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAswasthiani_grXarina

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
what is with Nag panchami n Diwali

2

Author: indomie   Replies: 11   Views: 1303

indomie 11 1303 14 November 2011 at 10:02am by sree07
diwali wish clip

Author: indu_shah   Replies: 0   Views: 248

indu_shah 0 248 02 November 2011 at 12:05pm by indu_shah
Is it pehli diwali?

Author: archu1234   Replies: 0   Views: 237

archu1234 0 237 01 November 2011 at 3:16am by archu1234
another bakwaas episode

Author: Queen.Bee   Replies: 1   Views: 295

Queen.Bee 1 295 23 September 2011 at 9:07am by ever
SNS : May 23, 2011 Maha Bakwaas Episode.

2 3 4

Author: -tellyaddict-   Replies: 29   Views: 6529

-tellyaddict- 29 6529 24 May 2011 at 6:10am by pathway

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index