Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
So it's that time of the year. Hindu housewives the world over are busy cleaning house for Diwali ala SNS house-wives.

My mum is no different. Washing walls started last week and new curtains go up next week and the list of tasks is endless. But what for exactly? So your house is clean. Do you feel proud now? Woo Hoo. Here have a lollypop.

Does God actually care that your house is clean? Nope. He/She doesn't give a fig about it. Forget about walls and curtains and all that other crap material stuff. You not taking any of it where you going... Sides you are not supposed to give a fig about material stuff anyways!

What matters is what is in your heart! That is what God cares about!

So ladies. forget about all your cleaning and washing and scrubbing and all that other bakwaas. Ask yourself instead...

Did I gossip about anyone today?
Did I think or speak harsh to someone?
Do I treat my parents/in-laws/elders with decency and respect?
Did I spend time watching rubbish tv serials instead of being with my family?
The list could go on... but you get the picture..

Clean your heart not your possessions!!!

PS. I really am like this in real life too. Just ask my mum LOL 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

mittykuttysancheetajeffymunnihyderabadilike_tvSaisuder139doc4everheera1702swasthiawesome-rajiani_grJustlikethat1-Muskii-XarinaVidishaaDivineDarkness-Eris-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Diwali bakwaas" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Good one ShaunStar
The concept behind cleaning was what you have just written added to which the physical cleaning is also involved. 
In India, Diwali is celebrated at time when the monsoon almost ends (in some places) and the climate turns colder. It will be colder for the next few months. The basis of cleaning is to make sure that they avoid any infections, sickness and diseases due to the residual dampness and cold.

The other part of it is exactly what you have put forth. The fact that Diwali is celebrated with lights is to send the demon in our minds and enlighten the souls. Ramayana and Narakasur Vad were all ways to make people realize the above said. 

So I agree but also do not think the house cleaning is not needed. Trust me, it is. Smile

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sancheetamunnihyderabadilike_tvSaisuder139doc4everShaunSAswasthiDivineDarknessXarinaani_gr

PRINCESS_ALISHA

IF-Sizzlerz

PRINCESS_ALISHA

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Totally agree with u. We have to clean our hearts.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAswasthiani_grJustlikethat1Xarina

swasthi

IF-Rockerz

swasthi

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Well said Ashwin.

Whilst cleaning ones home is a tangible way whereby one can clearly see that one's place is clean, this time should also be used to clean one's mind and self, which is the intangible side.

This can be done through self-realisation and reflecting on aspects of one's habits and mannerisms. It lends itself to having the ability to draw on identifying one's strengths and considering areas for development. Elements of self awareness, managing one's feelings, motivation, empathy, social skills, resilience and problem solving can support one breaking down the intangible side enabling one to understand this clearer.

So here is the time to reflect on one's intangible side and work on detoxing it.

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAJustlikethat1-Muskii-Xarinaani_gr

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Good one ShaunStar
The concept behind cleaning was what you have just written added to which the physical cleaning is also involved. 
In India, Diwali is celebrated at time when the monsoon almost ends (in some places) and the climate turns colder. It will be colder for the next few months. The basis of cleaning is to make sure that they avoid any infections, sickness and diseases due to the residual dampness and cold.

The other part of it is exactly what you have put forth. The fact that Diwali is celebrated with lights is to send the demon in our minds and enlighten the souls. Ramayana and Narakasur Vad were all ways to make people realize the above said. 

So I agree but also do not think the house cleaning is not needed. Trust me, it is. Smile

Oh I agree the physical cleaning is needed lol. 

But yeah. The focus is only on the home and not the heart. Bit pointless actually from a spiritual point of view. But then again it is easier to clean a house than your heart Tongue

Typical example is SB... cleaning out her house but when you look at her behavior at the pandal's? Disgusting and filthy. 

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everswasthiani_grXarinaJustlikethat1-Muskii-

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aasthanup

Totally agree with u. We have to clean our hearts.

Yep. The "Cleanliness is next to godliness" refers to clean hearts and minds too. Not only clean bodies and homes.

Edited by ShaunSA - 24 October 2012 at 11:22am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

doc4everswasthiJustlikethat1-Muskii-Xarinaani_gr

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by swasthi

Well said Ashwin.

Whilst cleaning ones home is a tangible way whereby one can clearly see that one's place is clean, this time should also be used to clean one's mind and self, which is the intangible side.

This can be done through self-realisation and reflecting on aspects of one's habits and mannerisms. It lends itself to having the ability to draw on identifying one's strengths and considering areas for development. Elements of self awareness, managing one's feelings, motivation, empathy, social skills, resilience and problem solving can support one breaking down the intangible side enabling one to understand this clearer.

So here is the time to reflect on one's intangible side and work on detoxing it.

Ah Swasthi. You always did have a way with words! Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvswasthiani_grXarina

Justlikethat1

IF-Sizzlerz

Justlikethat1

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShaunSA

Originally posted by Justlikethat1

Good one ShaunStar

Oh I agree the physical cleaning is needed lol. 

But yeah. The focus is only on the home and not the heart. Bit pointless actually from a spiritual point of view. But then again it is easier to clean a house than your heart Tongue

Typical example is SB... cleaning out her house but when you look at her behavior at the pandal's? Disgusting and filthy. 

People like SB and UB do not like the enlightened part for they consider themselves in Nirvana state alreadyLOL For the above said festivals are about,

who wore the costliest dress
who burst the loudest crackers
who got the most admired
Dead Total bakwaas of course and they thrive in all this which makes it sadOuch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvdoc4everShaunSAswasthiani_grXarina

Post Reply New Post

Go to top