Posted: 11 years ago

Betrayed Again

Some people cannot help but be vulnerable. It sucks to be so and it often leads to heartaches and heartbreaks, but those who are born that way cannot change that, try as they might. Those who are cunning and have a headstrong hold over their heart can exist without feeling the need to feel so attached to someone that it hurts to ever have to live without them. That one important person could your boyfriend, your childhood best friend, your neighbour or even someone who you met just yesterday.

Trusting a stranger is difficult for many, easy for some. Some fools are stupid enough to fall in the second category. For these people, it is easy to let their heart out to an unfamiliar person, to be open and honest about who they are, without feeling the need to be mysterious or play crafty games with an unknown just for the heck of it. Such people are easily dejected when they find out a friend has been lying behind their back and they spend nights wondering how and why would anyone ever do such a thing. And even though they are left heartbroken for a while, they get back up on their feet and continue being the idiots that they were. They shamelessly trust the next person without a doubt and are disappointed yet again. Those sleepless nights of crying and philosophical thinking return once more. So do the vain promises of being a hard-hearted person from now on until forever.

When disaster knocks at their door one day, on account of their reckless actions based on love, they are shattered and saddened for quite some time. But their optimism helps them pick back the pieces of their broken life and rebuild a new world. Time flies and they feel stronger and smarter than they were before. They boast to themselves how life has taught them a tough lesson and they will never repeat that mistake ever again and just when they start feeling sure of themselves, life strikes them again. Or rather, their susceptibility succumbs once more.

Is there any hope to such hopelessness? Can there ever be a time when those people will be immune to the world around them that they deem selfish and scheming ? Will they ever stop feeling so much and just grow up?

And why do I care so much about 'such' people? Because I'm one of them.

-Ankita

Edited by ..Ankita.. - 11 years ago
And so am I! Excellent writing again, you are a brilliant writer. Liking all the posts you have made here. :))
I fall in 1st category. I don't trust strangers easily. 🤣 Mostly I would say I don't trust at all. 😉
Man,you're an amazing writer.And by the look of it,i say,an amazing debater as well!

For a major part of my life,I fell to the category,where i blindly believe people,get attached too fast and too much and after years of attachment,be left,heartbroken.

UNTIL,one fine day,i decided to say 'Thats it.No more of this bs.' :D They say na 'dimaag ki batti jali'. :D Almost the same thing.

No more getting attached,no more crying for getting back-stabbed by best firends or getting dumped by the long term boyfriend. 

Its just easier to live alone than to recover from a broken relationship.
Originally posted by Ameres

And so am I! Excellent writing again, you are a brilliant writer. Liking all the posts you have made here. :))

thank you so much!
Originally posted by abhiya_kapi

I fall in 1st category. I don't trust strangers easily. 🤣 Mostly I would say I don't trust at all. 😉

well I guess then, we're opposites after all ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by disha15

Man,you're an amazing writer.And by the look of it,i say,an amazing debater as well!

For a major part of my life,I fell to the category,where i blindly believe people,get attached too fast and too much and after years of attachment,be left,heartbroken.

UNTIL,one fine day,i decided to say 'Thats it.No more of this bs.' :D They say na 'dimaag ki batti jali'. :D Almost the same thing.

No more getting attached,no more crying for getting back-stabbed by best firends or getting dumped by the long term boyfriend. 

Its just easier to live alone than to recover from a broken relationship.

thanks disha for that lovely compliment!
and yes..it is much much easier to live alone than recover from a broken relationship. True that.
Originally posted by ..Ankita..

well I guess then, we're opposites after all ðŸ˜†

haha no problem. You know opposite attracts? 😉  We can be great friends. 🤗
I myself fall in the second category but well I don't trust strangers as a matter of fact even friends much..but then why second category well the very little trusted friends that I had were the ones to break the trust...

Isn't it better to live alone..then again it's good if you chose to be alone rather than you're dumped in loneliness ! 

Beautiful writing..you do feel a lot and also express it well...extrovert or not I dunno in real life but definitely not an introvert in the virtual world :)

Cheers,
F
Edited by Escapist - 11 years ago
I fall in the second category alright - trusting strangers like a fool, falling down and then pick myself up..😆

Very clearly and eloquently stated 😊