Page 3 Page 5

Istila

Istila

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 5:16am | IP Logged

Thanks for the one line sentences :)

Originally posted by sadia3

Embarrassed 

I think this says it all LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Share Your Hobby (Page 2)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Istila

Istila

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seemasr

All the paintings are nicee.
What colors do u use?I wanted to learn painting when as a kid.But Broken Heart.
I know putting rangoli and people says i make nice floral patern.
I will sahre when i  log off in office,

My hobby is reading books,magazines.
I like to cook also.

You can learn to paint or draw at any age. The colours may seem extraordinary, because I am taking photos from a really old camera, which has past it's expiry date...so if you think it's nice, just use an old camera like I've done Embarrassed

! I have not done anything special. For the reindeer here is the link which you can follow for the instructions free online on page 14;

The desert picture was done using differernt mediums, e.g crayons, paint, pencils & charcoal.

Please do share your rangoli decorations Smile 

I have seen rangoli, but I don't know what it is - is chalk, or powdered paint?

Istila

Istila

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Julie & Seema, please do share your book titles and what your learning from them. Smile

It's nice to know you dance, what type is it Julie? Tap dancing...ball room dancing...bhangra...bollywood...break dancing, Latino, or workout? LOL

Istila

Istila

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged

Hi,

Today, we experimented using soft pastels for the first time ever. So it is a rough few minutes doodling, I still a have a lot to learn on this technique:

This video is a quick demo of what you can do with pastels:

Edited by Istila - 15 November 2012 at 4:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatcher

Vinnie79

IF-Dazzler

Vinnie79

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Wonderful artistry  Istila! Beautiful.  I enjoy  Reading , my  likes are varied depending on my mood. I  like spritual books, as well as romance.  One of the best books I have read was a series called  Conversations with God by Neal D. Walsch.  I also love to write. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Istilaseemasr

seemasr

seemasr

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Thank you Istila for sharing info.
I will share a flower painting i did.But attaching it in this forum is lil time consuming job.
Now a days i am not getting time to go for my hobby.9to6 job is killing me.Dead

Hey the rangoli i make using a wet chalk.When the pattern get dry it well sits on floor.
and we have here powders of different colors available.I mix clear  sand (from river bed) in them and fill the pattern,But color rangoli i put mostly on festivals.
I make sure to draw Goddes Laxmi(hope you know Goddes of wealth  in our part of World) foot print as my mom Says it brings good luck.Smile
and coming to books i read Indian author ,Recently i finished a book "The inconvenience of arranged marriage" .Now reading a book called "Meluha: Shiva triology"
I love reading controvercial books ex"I am Nathuram saying".

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Istila

Istila

Istila

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vinnie79

Wonderful artistry  Istila! Beautiful.  I enjoy  Reading , my  likes are varied depending on my mood. I  like spritual books, as well as romance.  One of the best books I have read was a series called  Conversations with God by Neal D. Walsch.  I also love to write. 

Thank you for sharing your love of reading, Vinnie! Smile This book sounds really fascinating.

I think it's only us women who read romantic books... I suspect most of our asian men, here in UK are pretty useless in the subject!

I also like reading spiritual & religious books, based on Islamic teachings. We have similarities yet differences in beliefs about God.

Walsch, believes that  "there is only God, and everything is God" (ref. article) The first half of his statement concords with the Islamic statement of belief 'Kalima' which is, 'There is no god, but Allah' (Al - ilah: The God). The only difference is Muslims do not believe that 'everything is God', but that God is the Creator, He created everything, and: 'Unto Allah belong the East and the West, and wherever you turn, there is Allah's Countenance. Surely, Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing.' (Quran 115:2).

Being a Muslim I also believe in Jesus. I love Patience Strong's classical Christian inspirations...She is a great poet and such a positive believer in God Almighty. 

As long as we are all sincerely searching for the truth, that is what really matters.

May God Bless Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fasheVinnie79

Istila

Istila

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged

For those of us not watching, PSH here's an idea for this winter... 

Here's a hat & scarf my kids made earlier:

For this, you need chunky wool and large knitting needles & pattern for hats (scarf is simple). You can get tips how to make pompoms online.

Edited by Istila - 16 November 2012 at 6:55am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.