-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
Any issue worth debating is worth avoiding altogether LOL

Bump Bump Bump Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wine

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A good debate question (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
^^ certainly better than bashing or drooling over act-ors and act-resses LOL

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Any issue worth debating is worth avoiding altogether LOL

Bump Bump Bump Wink

Hahaha ..exactly ...LOL ..I shoulda met ya a bit earlier when my parents were badgering me over my decision to avoid education ...Tongue

Vintu ...Tongue

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged

Can you propose such question which out knowing what party B consist of? Is your question really deliberate or open for discussion...

Edited by -Aarya- - 06 March 2013 at 7:06am

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:53am | IP Logged
A good debate question should have an answer in either yes or no. The debaters must be able to pick sides and justify what caused them to reach that conclusion. I often find myself thinking I am far from a debater because I scarcely ever see things in black and white. And anyone who sees everything in the grey light of things can never truly and fully defend their chosen side and oppose the other. 

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Can you propose such question which out knowing what party B consist of? Is your question really deliberate or open for discussion...

Of course you can ask any kind of question without knowing anything about it like how a lot of people do around here. For example, I can start a thread asking "What color should the interior walls of death star be?". So, now, every single one who believes death star would be a reality, jump in the thread but how about those who know it is a fiction? If one of those who thinks it is a fiction posts in my thread, s/he will still be replied to? So, does that mean the thread title was misleading?

Everything is debatable as long as one carries a perception of the "thing"!  If one believe there is some truth, that can be demonstrated then debating about it doesn't prove it!

Edited by -Aarya- - 06 March 2013 at 8:58am

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Everything is debatable as long as one carries a perception of the "thing"!  If one believe there is some truth, that can be demonstrated then debating about it doesn't prove it!

I am sorry, but that is not how debates work. I gave you an example already. Another one - If I want to debate about which is the best place to live in the world and if I created a thread titled "Why Timbuktu is too much better than any other place in the world?",  what is there to debate? How can you say that Maui is better than Timbuktu because... ? I mean, of course you can but that would be irrelevant to the question I asked.

And maybe my underline question wasn't clear, let ask it differently, can you prove that Timbuktu is the better than any other place in the world? Have you seen all of the world? Though I do understand your point but seems like we are both saying the same thing two different perceptive!

A debate about debating LOL

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 06 March 2013 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Fortunately not all members here would go into all that analysing  of the title. Once a topic gets posted you never know where you land up---  it could be anywhere from Kanyakumari to Timbuctoo Geek

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top