IF-Dazzler

CoffeeAddict

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Dum De Dah!

Hello Buddies.

So here's the...

*drumroll*

Discussion OfTheWeek

I guess the topic title is a little too vague.

So let me explain.

This week's episodes had us seeing the Buddies going to lengths to "get to know" their fellow Buddies.

The moment the test was happening I was trying to remember if I knew these little "trivial" details as I call them, about mine. And surprisingly I didn't. But that doesn't mean I'm not a good friend. I can soothe them when they're sad. Know what's wrong without them telling me. Understand them. That doesn't need me to know what song my best friend loves humming. Cause I know her choices in them change with the day!!

So the question was... Is it important to know your buddy's favorite song to be called a good friend?

Yes, I understand it was a task to ensure that the buddies spent time with each other and got to know them. But that really didn't happen right? They were having Q & A session, instead of spending time with each other.

What do you think guys?!

Luv,
Pree.

Edited by CoffeeAddict - 20 October 2012 at 12:36pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

xxhn29xxMs.ShyWackoChickmuzzy_skaashi_arsha100littledevilsCutielovesChocsrocksravya11..Serendipity..lostmymusic...DamonCrazy....Amina....-Ayesshhaa-..snowflake.Nikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Knowing Your Buddy" in The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aashi_arsha

Goldie

aashi_arsha

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Ikr !

There is no need to know which song ur frnd humm..

So silly it was

Edited by aashi_arsha - 20 October 2012 at 12:49pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ms.Shy..Amina..

aashi_arsha

Goldie

aashi_arsha

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Seriously

If any one knows which song u r humming these days doent make him/her ur true friend

Edited by aashi_arsha - 20 October 2012 at 12:48pm

Ms.Shy..Amina..

CutielovesChocs

IF-Dazzler

CutielovesChocs

Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
I agree Pree. 

I mean, when I meet someone new, I get to know them by playing a rapid fire thing, similar to what KD-Kiya did. But if that person's important to me, those details stick. I'd naturally KNOW my closest friend's favourite colour, for example. But if I'm getting to know someone, it acts as sort of an ice-breaker to know what kind of things they like or what they don't know. But those details can be faked at times. It's better to see how a person behaves in their natural element. 

I guess, it doesn't matter to a great extent whether you know someone's favourite colour. But yes, it does matter if you don't know what cheers them up when they're upset. 

For example, if I go into a store, and I automatically zoom into a blue coloured dress, then it'd probably signify more than me saying that I love blue. Because there'd be a certain excitement, a certain expression on my face. And I guess that matters more. 

If I was upset, I'd expect my friends to get over a cup of hot chocolate and my favourite movie. I wouldn't expect someone to yell 'OH your favourite colour is blue!' 

Gah, I don't know if this makes sense, just saw this and HAD to put this down. Maybe I'll edit it later. It's all jumbled and probably doesn't make sense. 

-Raina

Edited by CutielovesChocs - 24 October 2012 at 7:34am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

crazy4lyfCoffeeAddictRadiance...Amina..

tiara_magic

Goldie

tiara_magic

Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
after every film they hummm different songs

CoffeeAddict..Amina..

muzzy_sk

Goldie

muzzy_sk

Posted: 23 October 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
We agree with you. And same in our case when the whole ' getting to know your buddy ' thing started we analysed our situatin too.
We are friends, best friends from 11 years :)not to forget we are just 15.

If we know a person and is close to them so its obvious ki we will know their fav. Colour or what makes them sad and how to cheer them up and all. Its natural.
But here's the case of knowing someone for the first time, i would rather discuss our similarities, likes n dislikes as a converstion starter and to know the other person. We don't really remeber his fav things at first. Some questions asked looked absurd.

Till some extent it doesn't matter if we don't know someone's fav song or colour, that doesn't make us a bad friend. But the care and to know that something is wrong in your friend's life or she/he is feeling low without her/him telling..that makes us a friend.

We hope we made some sense and not just messed up here:D

-Shreya and Kanishtha

CoffeeAddict..Amina..

Radiance.

IF-Rockerz

Radiance.

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Totally agree

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Amina..

snowflake.

IF-Stunnerz

snowflake.

Posted: 25 October 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
I've a different opinion but i totally agree with whatever everyone said Big smile

see its not about knowing each other's interests or hobbies... its about compatibility.. in broad sense LOLLOL opposites attract formula works perfectly on couples but when we talk about friendship i believe, similar views/choices play better Embarrassed

..Amina..BrashCandy

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.