Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Hiii
Mein aa gaiTongue
And I know ...I am a tad late to join the band wagonLOL...
But since the Pottermania has caught hold of me, I could not resist coming...

So here I am, and making this topic...

Since the third Part we realized that there had been some major things, which the book had and were missing in the Movie...

Starting from the fact that the revelation of the Marauders being Prongs, Moony, Padfoot and Wormtail was never in the movie.
Somehow they had never shown Prongs and Padfoot as the brilliant Students they were...also that Prongs was also a Anigmus...

There are many scene that I missed in the movie...and am sure that you did too...So would love to hear from the other PottermaniacsEmbarrassed

Edited by -Srushti- - 22 October 2012 at 11:02pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Deepzy1991Nupsdips-Swetha-Simi_YaRaLoverPriya_990minizz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Scene from the book, that you wanted in the movie" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
always hoped they showed the whole book of deathly hallows in the movie  and the book order of pheonixs Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Srushti-minizzSunshine Girl

sanahVM

sanahVM

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Very interesting topic indeed !
There were lost of scenes, two which strike me right away are -

1). Snape's potion test guarding the philosopher's stone. 
2). Harry's realization about the hallows/horcruxes at Shell cottage. This particularly was beautifully described in the book. I was expecting more in the movie.

Will Be back if I remember more !

Sanah

Nupsdips-Swetha--Srushti-minizz....Poojie....Sunshine Girl

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
-Gryffindor winning the Quidditch Cup in Harry's 3rd year...

"As a sobbing Wood passed Harry the Cup, as he lifted it into the air, Harry felt he could have produced the world's best Patronus."

It's just a wonderfully written moment that had been building for three books and concluded in a most spectacular way and SHOULD have been in the movies. Its sad that the movie-folks excluded a scene that exuded Gryffindor spirit in every word.

Edited by madhu_sridhar - 22 October 2012 at 1:33pm

Deepzy1991ritsranveer-Swetha--Srushti-minizz....Poojie....

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -HelloHiByeBye-

always hoped they showed the whole book of deathly hallows in the movie  and the book order of pheonixs Tongue

Oh Order of Phoenix had the most deletion I think...It is the book where the climax actually had begun to build up. Especially the last part, the part where The Trawlney said 'The Dark Lord marks him as equal'...

They never explained it as Fully as the book, which actually was very important...It was not only a revenge story it was more than that...How Harry And Voldy were bound by fate...the one unleased by Voldy himself...like Dumbledore had explained in the book...that this is what and where Tyrants all over the world made mistakes, they themselves created their worst enemy...

This should have been explained,..and showed...I loved the last dialogues in the book between the Teacher and the student ...and missed in the film

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-minizz

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanahVM

Very interesting topic indeed !
There were lost of scenes, two which strike me right away are -

1). Snape's potion test guarding the philosopher's stone. 
2). Harry's realization about the hallows/horcruxes at Shell cottage. This particularly was beautifully described in the book. I was expecting more in the movie.

Will Be back if I remember more !

Sanah

Hi Sanah,,,,Thanks

I also missed the many dialogues in Goblet of Fire...especially they did not show Hermoine and her role in helping Harry...she was also shown as away from the whole thing as Ron...Which was weird because it was because of this ...that the duo was always together to prepare for the tasks that Rita Skeeter had wrote about their alleged affair and all...
Also the sequencess of the scenes were changed..it was shown that Moody turned Malfoy in to a ferret after the break up..Where as it was before ...and the trio were laughing...I loved when Ron said

"Don't talk to me," Ron said quietly to Harry and Hermione as they sat down at the Gryffindor
table a few minutes later, surrounded by excited talk on all sides about what had just happened.

"Why not?" said Hermione in surprise.

"Because I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his eyes closed and an uplifted
expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

This was one of the amazing dialogues between the trio...

ritsranveer-Swetha-minizz....Poojie....

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhu_sridhar

-Gryffindor winning the Quidditch Cup in Harry's 3rd year...

"As a sobbing Wood passed Harry the Cup, as he lifted it into the air, Harry felt he could have produced the world's best Patronus."

It's just a wonderfully written moment that had been building for three books and concluded in a most spectacular way and SHOULD have been in the movies. Its sad that the movie-folks excluded a scene that exuded Gryffindor spirit in every word.

Oh Wood's Character was so cut off after the third film..and he was never shown as the worrying leader that he was...and Fred and George pulling his leg...Somewhere they said 'He is taking a shower, we think he is trying to drown himself'...These were so missing...

And ofcourse the word 'Prongs rode again tonight'...I wanted to see Dumbledore saying that...It was such a classic Dumbledore statement when he learns that his students had outsmarted him all those years and now the son of one of them had just managed to produce the Patronus which turned into one of them...Only Dumbledore can see love and hope in this blatant memory of indiscipline and pranks...

@Madhu...On a side note...Are you A Gulaal fan...Gosh I am so glad whenever I run into one...Embarrassed

ritsranveer-Swetha-madhu_sridharminizz

madhu_sridhar

Goldie

madhu_sridhar

Posted: 24 October 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

And ofcourse the word 'Prongs rode again tonight'...I wanted to see Dumbledore saying that...It was such a classic Dumbledore statement when he learns that his students had outsmarted him all those years and now the son of one of them had just managed to produce the Patronus which turned into one of them...Only Dumbledore can see love and hope in this blatant memory of indiscipline and pranks...

@Madhu...On a side note...Are you A Gulaal fan...Gosh I am so glad whenever I run into one...Embarrassed

@Bold: Ah Yes...its just a few words, but lays emphasis on how much James is still alive in Harry...Dumbledore always packs so much meaning in a small line...

@Gulaal: Absolutely, a fan...I discovered Gulaal after it ended...It was such a satisfying experience to watch a show that had a wonderfully layered narrative, beautiful cinematography and top class acting.

Another scene that comes to my mind ( left out in the movie ), is in book 6, where Tom returns to Hogwarts in pursuit of a teaching job...The dynamics of  Dumby-Voldy relationship was in full display here...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Srushti-minizz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top