Joined: 15 January 2010
I am not an indian, i am a born American, but the reason i like watching these indian shows is because u c some moral, values and traditions n also some wholesome entertainment for the entire family, don't get me wrong u find wholesome entertainment in a lot of other shows, but i think this show PSH has stray way off base with this current storyline and this is one of the reason i stop watching is as of thursday, i just can't take it anymore. they have butchered a fantastic sorry for any incorrect spelling
Joined: 16 October 2011
Guys its good to read all your views on the show...
keep posting be it suggestion or frustration and lets hope things improve...
Joined: 19 October 2012
Joined: 14 August 2012
This show has depicted the following WRONG messages:
- that a divorce is not acceptable and that a person's does not have the right to make their own choice of how to live their life.
We live in the 21st Century. Marriage should not be taken lightly but if after giving it every chance it does not work then a divorce is the answer. NO STIGMA should be attached to a divorce or anyone (man or woman) who is divorced.
Furthermore the message definitely should not be that if a person chooses to fight for a divorce they are bad and will be punished by God.
- that a person who sacrifices is good and their actions are rewarded whereas someone who does not sacrifice is bad and will be punished.
The fact that in the name of sacrifice a IMMROAL unnecessary relationship is formed and God has been used to endorse it. That is SCARLIDGE. Anyone with common sense can see it is wrong.
A woman (Sugni) cannot have an emotional relationship with two men (TVS and Adi) of the same family. Some relationships are OFF LIMITS and this is one of those relationships. The fact this OFF LIMTS relationship is being endorsed by the adults in the family is reprehensible.
This show is watched by viewers with impressionable minds who may see this "Sacrifice" as romantic and put into action. In the real world such an action would destroy lives, destroy a family and in the worst case could cost someone their life. Therefore such sacrifice SHOULD NOT be glamorised.
Furthermore women or men should not be treated as something that can passed on/given (in the name of sacrifice) like a toy to a zidhi child. Do their feelings/wishes/dreams not count? What gives anyone the right to decide that one person's feelings/wishes/dreams matter more than another person's?
- that a girl who asked God to help her fight for what is right was denied but sacrifice is rewarded by God
- that people who are kind to you, help you out, stand by you during tough times for no reason other than because they are decent human beings and expect nothing in return are treated with disrespect and if they make a mistake because they are human than they are crucified and their good deeds are forgotten (TVS helped Sugni and her family a number of times, TVS took Adi and JIji in when his own father dumped them penniless and destitute and bought him up since the age of 5-7)
- that a young man thinks he has a God given right to interfere in other people's lives and impose his view on them
- that physical violence (guns or hand or fist) is acceptable (thus far Adi has physically dragged Sugni out of 2 rooms and roughly thrown her across the threshold, Reva has thrown something at TVS which gave him a cut on his brow, Reva has hit TVS on the back of the head with a vase causing him to bleed, TVS has pointed a gun at G, Adi and shot G by accident, Adi has slapped Amu and pushed her roughly so that she bumped into the wall behind her, G has slapped Sugni, Adi and TVS had a fist fight, Sugni shoot at TVS)
- that it is acceptable for a young man to raise his hand to someone older to him. The fact that there was no provocation makes it 100 times worse.
No one expects a daily soap to give morality lessons but it is expected that any show whether it is aired at 5pm, 9pm or 11am shows common decency and family values world over.
Sugni has started to show her old spark. She and G need to tell MA the truth. Sugni then needs to tell Adi that she can and will take care of herself and that he should go and sort himself and his own life. He needs to be honest with Amu. If he does not want to be with her then tell her honestly. He also needs to realise he is not God, he cannot tell other people how to live their lives, make promises which are conflicting and therefore to honour one has to break another, that does he really think raising his hand to Amu and TVS is the right thing to do? and that he does not have the right to speak or make decisions for her.
She and G then need to go back home and if they want to go and leave and start a fresh fine. If not, then just get on with their daily lives.
Adi needs to go away to Delhi, sort out his relationship with Amu, do some soul searching and also find a job. We need t stop showing young educated man doing nothing except stay at home.
At some point when TVS returns Sugni and TVS needs to have a face off where they clear the air and agree a way forward together or separately. TVS needs to divorce Reva which should be a battle for a couple of weeks as she would not go quietly.
Joined: 30 August 2011
Joined: 03 August 2012
Joined: 15 January 2010
Joined: 20 September 2009
Be the part of India's biggest discussion portal.
Itís easy to Join and itís free.
Register now while itís free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.