Phir Subah Hogi

PSH Suggestion & Frustration Thread (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

Istila

Istila

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by latanzia

I am not an indian, i am a born American, but the reason i like watching these indian shows is because u c some moral, values and traditions n also some wholesome entertainment for the entire family, don't get me wrong u find wholesome entertainment in a lot of other shows, but i think this show PSH has stray way off base with this current storyline and this is one of the reason i stop watching is as of thursday, i just can't take it anymore. they have butchered a fantasticCry sorry for any incorrect spelling

I totally agree, Latanzia (hilighted in bold). 

What a sad fate, of an initially a genuine classic tale with Vikram being the benefactor of a Bedni. 

I usually don't watch TV & have only watched a couple of Indian Serials which I gave up watching after a couple of months. It's so obvious to me now that TV has a negative impact, is less about ideas and thoughts and is not an effective way of providing education, whether moral or intellectual. Neil Postman, an American media theorist & cultural critic, wrote 'Amusing Ourselves to Death' & argues that television confounds serious issues by demeaning and undermining real, complex discourse into superficial image. 

We focus on our religious beliefs for moral guidance and study various books for education. For entertainment, we do some sports, drawing & painting and we read works of Classical Fiction. All classical work have a complete story from which we may derive benefits of a moral lesson. 'David Copperfield', is one work, which comes to mind. 

Watching useless serials on TV does not need any activity. Reading, however, does acquire a skill - an intellectual, one. 

Edited by Istila - 23 October 2012 at 8:40am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoySandy66dumppurvi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PSH Suggestion & Frustration Thread (Page 3)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipdaisy

IF-Rockerz

tulipdaisy

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged

Guys its good to read all your views on the show...

keep posting be it suggestion or frustration and lets hope things improve...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoydumppurvi

rockji

rockji

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
nice post

payal7

IF-Dazzler

payal7

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged

Frustrations

This show has depicted the following WRONG messages:

- that a divorce is not acceptable and that a person's does not have the right to make their own choice of how to live their life.

We live in the 21st Century. Marriage should not be taken lightly but if after giving it every chance it does not work then a divorce is the answer. NO STIGMA should be attached to a divorce or anyone (man or woman) who is divorced.

Furthermore the message definitely should not be that if a person chooses to fight for a divorce they are bad and will be punished by God.

that a person who sacrifices is good and their actions are rewarded whereas someone who does not sacrifice is bad and will be punished.

The fact that in the name of sacrifice a IMMROAL unnecessary relationship is formed and God has been used to endorse it. That is SCARLIDGE. Anyone with common sense can see it is wrong.

A woman (Sugni) cannot have an emotional relationship with two men (TVS and Adi) of the same family. Some relationships are OFF LIMITS and this is one of those relationships. The fact this OFF LIMTS relationship is being endorsed by the adults in the family is reprehensible.

This show is watched by viewers with impressionable minds who may see this "Sacrifice" as romantic and put into action. In the real world such an action would destroy lives, destroy a family and in the worst case could cost someone their life. Therefore such sacrifice SHOULD NOT be glamorised.

Furthermore women or men should not be treated as something that can passed on/given (in the name of sacrifice) like a toy to a zidhi child. Do their feelings/wishes/dreams not count? What gives anyone the right to decide that one person's feelings/wishes/dreams matter more than another person's?

- that a girl who asked God to help her fight for what is right was denied but sacrifice is rewarded by God

- that people who are kind to you, help you out, stand by you during tough times for no reason other than because they are decent human beings and expect nothing in return are treated with disrespect and if they make a mistake because they are human than they are crucified and their good deeds are forgotten (TVS helped Sugni and her family a number of times, TVS took Adi and JIji in when his own father dumped them penniless and destitute and bought him up since the age of 5-7)

- that a young man thinks he has a God given right to interfere in other people's  lives and impose his view on them

that physical violence (guns or hand or  fist) is acceptable (thus far Adi has physically dragged Sugni out of 2 rooms and roughly thrown her across the threshold, Reva has thrown something at TVS which gave him a cut on his brow, Reva has hit TVS on the back of the head with a vase causing him to bleed, TVS has pointed a gun at G, Adi and shot G by accident, Adi has slapped Amu and pushed her roughly so that she bumped into the wall behind her, G has slapped Sugni, Adi and TVS had a fist fight, Sugni shoot at TVS)

that it is acceptable for a young man to raise his hand to someone older to him. The fact that there was no provocation makes it 100 times worse.

No one expects a daily soap to give morality lessons but it is expected that any show whether it is aired at 5pm, 9pm or 11am shows common decency and family values world over.

Suggestions

Sugni has started to show her old spark. She and G need to tell MA the truth. Sugni then needs to tell Adi that she can and will take care of herself and that he should go and sort himself and his own life. He needs to be honest with Amu. If he does not want to be with her then tell her honestly. He also needs to realise he is not God, he cannot tell other people how to live their lives, make promises which are conflicting and therefore to honour one has to break another, that does he really think raising his hand to Amu and TVS is the right thing to do? and that he does not have the right to speak or make decisions for her.

She and G then need to go back home and if they want to go and leave and start a fresh fine. If not, then just get on with their daily lives.

Adi needs to go away to Delhi, sort out his relationship with Amu, do some soul searching and also find a job. We need t stop showing young educated man doing nothing except stay at home.

At some point when TVS returns Sugni and TVS needs to have a face off where they clear the air and agree a way forward together or separately. TVS needs to divorce Reva which should be a battle for a couple of weeks as she would not go quietly.

Edited by payal7 - 21 October 2012 at 10:09am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoycherrybIstilagaga00vencroziaxxSandy66Vinnie79ForeverSHINeedumppurviJulieDlikarsh

croziaxx

Goldie

croziaxx

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
  cvs made me as much mad that i can't think properly,  Cry  ... they doing continuously wrong despite of knowing that this is wrong and so many people r not like this... so forget what we want, just listen what we don't want... Angry
 -- please end adi's character,there is no need of adi,he is  some thing like ' Rukawat ke liye khed hai" or in hindi phrase " Dal-bhat me musalchand"or 'Begani shadi me abdulha deewana"... Angry

-- please never adi-sug together... they r horrible... they r unethical,immoral pair... Confused
---if u obsessed to adi then please make him villain ... 
---- please for god sake, bring some positive vibration , there is so much negativity in ur show..
---- please immediate bring some logic and sense...
---- bring old character like -JT,saroj,her son and yes bumsukhiya...
--- don't ruin Vikram more... Embarrassed
 we have so many ideas,but me know we do what u want, u ruined our beautiful show unnecessary , if in coming month channel say goodbye to ur show i will not be surprise... atleast for ur own show, do something before its too late... Dead

if u think this is good and want to continue this crap, then me sorry to say that u r "Aatmmugdh, and aatmmugdhta insan ko dhire-dhire nigal jati hai...  Ouch   

Edited by croziaxx - 21 October 2012 at 12:34pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoyseemasrcherrybSaima2010Istilababygirl198722Sandy66ForeverSHINeeJulieDdumppurvilikarsh

eastmeetswest

Goldie

eastmeetswest

Posted: 21 October 2012 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
i wonder if its okay to pull a gun on anyone and then fighting with it and pulling the trigger on your want to be mother in law. we need to be just in our comments also. stop clouding your opinions because you liked an actor from previous series. whether sugni still loves vickram i think she has made herself quite clear, why dont this old dude get the message and leave the young chick alone, he acts like he is a psycho.

Istila

Istila

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged

I will not continue watching this show, primarily because, I don't like long serials which take up too much of my time. I find them unethical and contain in them too much negativity. If the serial was a short drama for a couple of weeks instead and had a good storyline, as in Aek Chabhi Pardos Mein (without the excessive foolishness of those teen-aged boys, etc.) or if it was meaningful, (as in the 1990 BBC version) of Pride & Prejudice (without the vulgarity), with honourable and exemplary lessons to derive from, then perhaps...

As Mouni & I said here, if Vikram should go away and Sughni sees the truth, and she realizes her mistakes were done in her folly, she may finally see his real devotion & love for her. Vikram needs to learn to stand back, to be more patient with Sughni, and have more self respect. Although he needs love, he should not show he is in need of her love. He can unconditionally love her in his heart but give her space to make her own decisions. After Sughni's childish tantrums, hurting & damage Vikram, she will eventually give up and cry sorrowfully. Adi still needs to learn to stop being childish and not keep tripping trip over his mistakes. He needs to stop being controlling and mind his own business. This way he will stop hurting those he respects & loves.  

Sughni needs to learn to trust her feelings for Vikram and trust his love for her, when she knows this love is to be true...It's all about the 'taming of the shrew' let's see how Vikram handles this situation: Would he succumb to his egos, or will he use the power of his prudence & intelligence or by becoming more tactful? Will he trust in God's compassion rather than looking towards people he loves? Will he search in himself his own inner resolve & strength? Let's see also how Mother Takur handles this news that her grandson has stolen Vicky's fiance and how she supports Vicky, the son she raised up as a strong virtuous character, during his lowest ebb, in his life. 

If the drama is not lengthy and improves with such a credible story, with Vikram winning the trust & love of Sughni by him being the admirable Philanthropist for the Bednis - This is what I would call this interesting and worth watching!

Edited by Istila - 22 October 2012 at 4:39am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoyM0uNibabygirl198722Vinnie79dumppurvi

babygirl198722

Goldie

babygirl198722

Posted: 22 October 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
shame on the cv of this show. dont know what they trying to do but it is disgusting and dont make any sense commenting because they dont care what the viewers want

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ocendejoySandy66croziaxxForeverSHINeeJulieDdumppurvilikarsh

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.