Celebrity Fan Clubs

**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 47

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Anu...just did. Arey how can he be Henry's father...if he'll be Emma's future love interest he has to be there in the FTL where as Henry's father is supposed to be in the real world...and not even in Storybrooke. Andd if he was in the real world to have had been involved with Emma then...and in FTL presently...then he may play a key role in finding them a portal b/w these worlds...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 7)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Anu...just did. Arey how can he be Henry's father...if he'll be Emma's future love interest he has to be there in the FTL where as Henry's father is supposed to be in the real world...and not even in Storybrooke. Andd if he was in the real world to have had been involved with Emma then...and in FTL presently...then he may play a key role in finding them a portal b/w these worlds...

There are no LIMITATIONS, Mash...these characters have magic, move through time...anything is possible...it's very much possible that Hook was there in the real world for a bit and can jump b/w worlds just like Jefferson could...he could have escaped the curse somehow too...the possiblities are endless if they do indeed want to make him Henry's father.

A love interest they will deffo make him for Emma...the rest remains to be seen...like Amy said, they will reveal Henry's father in epi 6.

I want to see more of Jefferson...I think he has interesting history with both Regina and Rumple too since he has that magic Hat.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
"I believe she really does [want to redeem herself]. I think she realizes her son didn't want her to die. Which means that there's a part of Henry that obviously loves her, and that is a part that she can either extinguish or she can change. And I think that her mom never let her be who she wanted to be. To me when we were talking about this episode, the most poignant moment was when Henry says, you know, 'you made me feel like I was crazy.' And I think in that moment when Regina realizes the psychological effect she had on her son, she in her mind was "I'm just covering for the curse", but she made her son feel different and in a lot of ways the way her mom made *her* feel. And I think that's what really got through to her."

' Edward Kitsis about Regina in the We Are Both Podcast

Edited by AreYaar - 20 October 2012 at 2:46pm

Tani91

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
^thats so interesting because even at that moment I felt as if she did seriously loved him...up till then I felt like she was only obligated to care.

SPOILER

I'm super interested to see how Cora will fit into this whole matter when Regina is turning into a sort of softie again with handing Henry over to Charming.

Another bond that I'm interested to see is Snow and Emma I mean last episode was amazing with badass Snow protecting Emma and all and Emma finally accepting her. And I freaking adore Charming and Henry especially when he calls him Gramps

regarding Hook being Emma's love interest...right now the most popular theory I've heard is that Bae is Emma's baby daddy and for some reason I think that is plausible because when Jennifer Morrison appeared on the View a few weeks back she sort of hinted that Rumple might have something to do with Henry's father being revealed

Edited by Tani91 - 20 October 2012 at 5:28pm

AreYaar

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
So I went into slight overdrive and watched upto Episode 8. No regrets, none at all! 

Like you said on one of the threads Nur, upto 6, there'e more focus on spinning the story around Snow and Charming. Episode 7 - while still serving it's part to being that instrument - centers itself on the Huntsmen, and more of the Snow vs Regina angle, which for me is the more engaging part of Snow and Charming's story, obviously. 

I think it was only while watching ep 7 that I finally begun to appreciate the kind of thought these writers can be trusted to have put in all the characters we have "seen" from the start. Sheriff has been employed with a story of his own - and one that is fairly engaging. Personally I enjoyed Archie/Jiminy's story too, but I think I saw the Huntsmen story coming like it did much less. While the trend continues with each episode, Emma disturbing Regina's carefully set up make believe a little more again, and again, in the Huntsmen's case, her defeat is more tangible than say Archie's open defiance by the end of his episode. While I'm at it I should mention I like the way Emma and Snow are being showed as Mary and Emma too. More in this episode. They're thicker as friends now although the intuitive trust has been from the beginning, and somewhere in their friendship you can see a glimpse of a mother child bond when both are individually adults. 

And while Henry's character is not the intriguing one I like the part he's given. It makes so much sense coming from him, a child - such flawless belief in the world of fairy tales being true, a conviction that actually causes adults around him to catch moments, ever so often, even if they're quick to brush it off. And I loved the way Sheriff tells Emma Henry is the only one making sense LOL It wasn't a bigshot dialogue, but it was still cool like that LOL 

And then Emma, telling Regina maybe the problem was with her, people were miserable with her, and running to Emma! Regina's punch to Emma at that point didn't seem plainly that from being a bad sport losing her round. It seemed more, very evidently so - like a sore chord had been touched naked. Which somehow makes me think her holding onto Henry - which like I was saying before isn't so motherly really! - can be at least partly out of this need! It comes off from her, in rare but definitive moments. Like when she tells Katherine in an earlier episode about not having friends. Like her holding onto Sheriff, in a way, being someone to hold onto. She's a control freak and a buried deep inside needy soul at once. And it seems inevitable that Snow has been the cause of this unfulfilled feeling within her, as far as relationships go.The other interesting thing obviously was the fact that her late father's name was Henry. Has he returned as Emma's son? It could be partly why he's important to her, even though she's not an obvious case of a mother. 

Couldn't help but feel a tad sorry that Sheriff died. It's what fairy tales do. You don't want characters to die, because somehow, fairytales are meant to be about happy endings. Oh well... 

Onto Episode 8 - which trumped all upto this point. Obviously, being Rumple's story. So much fantastic writing in this one. Not just in drawing up Rumple's history, but in the nuances. Like the brief showdown between Rumple and Regina where she accuses him of always being the expert in fine print and he tells her subtlety is not her style. In that ONE statement, they sum up Regina vs Rumple to perfection. It's evidence and reason of why Regina, even as the CREATOR of this make believe Storybrook is not the singular supremacy. Why, people fearing Regina, fear him more! Why Regina herself, for all her power and triumph in the end falls a step short of Rumple each time. The games she plays, even mind games, are not subtle. Rumple is the thinker. The subtle and deep thinker. The way her draws the plot for Emma to win that election, he PROVES how he's always a step ahead of Regina. 

And going into the history of Rumple, it is interesting to see how even as a weaker common man, he'd been all about himself. When he's telling his son how taking away kids to fight is not duty but sacrifice, that no sane man would do it, how his past of having fled from the fight leaving all others to die was revealed - Rumple essentially is weakened by self pursuit. It lies at the HEART of the man he is, with or without power. And ALL his lessons - about making deals, about how magic comes at a price, about how people keep making deals they don't ENTIRELY understand, and of course, about recognizing desperate souls - the way it connects with his history, with how he becomes what he does, why and how he manipulates the most needy people - the desperate souls - the way he cuts his deals, his knack of "subtlety aka fineprint" - it all ties up so, so well! Clap And Rumple continues to reign, all the much more after this episode, as the most layered and interesting character of the show. Regina and him are interesting to watch - but Regina is a far easier, simpler character to unearth. For now. Perhaps her history with Snow when it comes up will have much more to add... for now, she's a control freak, who's foundations are threatened by Emma - something she IS vulnerable to, even if she constantly tries to combat it with her "mayor" powers. 

On a side note TWO WHOLE episodes only ONE scene with Charming, pray let this bliss continue!!! 

ps: Perhaps I'm saying things that have already been discussed and dissected, but I'm consciously trying to not go back and read anything through the pages yet, to save myself spoilers. That would be a pity, since trying to second guess which character will connect where is the fun part of this show! 

pps: The Sydney guy got a lot of space in Ep8 ... I'm guessing he's going to come up soon in an exclusive. This is exactly how they were setting ground for Sheriff before Ep7 happened... 

And now, off to get some real work done! 

*Edit*

Forgot to say. Emma and Henry, and Emma and Snow are not the "intrigue" pairs of the show... but I still like the way those two pairs of bonds are progressing. Somehow, a fairy tale without "emotional family bonds" just doesn't total up right! LOL And the kid playing Henry is nice! 

Also - Emma and Gold/Rumple. Regina's warning about him being a superlative enemy. I think that's also one manner where Regina doesn't get him. Even though he tells Emma she and him have a common foe in Regina, to me it seems that Rumple and Gold in their respective worlds are not so much about "enemies" or "friends" in any rigid manner. It's all relative to him, depending on what and who at any given point helps HIS cause in being an ally or an opponent. I don't particularly think Emma won an enemy in him any more than a friend. Regina can't help but be wary of him, but Rumple is only an enemy to anything and everything which stands in the way of his situation at any given point. Somehow in her own wariness of him, Regina seems to stand in his way often enough. Which probably gives her the impression of him being her enemy... 

Although, that could just be my theory 8 episodes down... only to fail later... 

Edited by without-fathom - 20 October 2012 at 5:43pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91AreYaar

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
^sorry to butt in but loved reading your reviewEmbarrassed

Regarding your question about Sydney Glass...yes he will have an episode to himself in the second part of season one...that's when the show really begins to shape up. Also an amazing episode with Regina in focus is shown as well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

without-fathomAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by without-fathom

Onto Episode 8 - which trumped all upto this point. Obviously, being Rumple's story. So much fantastic writing in this one. Not just in drawing up Rumple's history, but in the nuances. Like the brief showdown between Rumple and Regina where she accuses him of always being the expert in fine print and he tells her subtlety is not her style. In that ONE statement, they sum up Regina vs Rumple to perfection. It's evidence and reason of why Regina, even as the CREATOR of this make believe Storybrook is not the singular supremacy. Why, people fearing Regina, fear him more! Why Regina herself, for all her power and triumph in the end falls a step short of Rumple each time. The games she plays, even mind games, are not subtle. Rumple is the thinker. The subtle and deep thinker. The way her draws the plot for Emma to win that election, he PROVES how he's always a step ahead of Regina. 

And going into the history of Rumple, it is interesting to see how even as a weaker common man, he'd been all about himself. When he's telling his son how taking away kids to fight is not duty but sacrifice, that no sane man would do it, how his past of having fled from the fight leaving all others to die was revealed - Rumple essentially is weakened by self pursuit. It lies at the HEART of the man he is, with or without power. And ALL his lessons - about making deals, about how magic comes at a price, about how people keep making deals they don't ENTIRELY understand, and of course, about recognizing desperate souls - the way it connects with his history, with how he becomes what he does, why and how he manipulates the most needy people - the desperate souls - the way he cuts his deals, his knack of "subtlety aka fineprint" - it all ties up so, so well! Clap And Rumple continues to reign, all the much more after this episode, as the most layered and interesting character of the show. Regina and him are interesting to watch - but Regina is a far easier, simpler character to unearth. For now. Perhaps her history with Snow when it comes up will have much more to add... for now, she's a control freak, who's foundations are threatened by Emma - something she IS vulnerable to, even if she constantly tries to combat it with her "mayor" powers. 

Also - Emma and Gold/Rumple. Regina's warning about him being a superlative enemy. I think that's also one manner where Regina doesn't get him. Even though he tells Emma she and him have a common foe in Regina, to me it seems that Rumple and Gold in their respective worlds are not so much about "enemies" or "friends" in any rigid manner. It's all relative to him, depending on what and who at any given point helps HIS cause in being an ally or an opponent. I don't particularly think Emma won an enemy in him any more than a friend. Regina can't help but be wary of him, but Rumple is only an enemy to anything and everything which stands in the way of his situation at any given point. Somehow in her own wariness of him, Regina seems to stand in his way often enough. Which probably gives her the impression of him being her enemy... 

Although, that could just be my theory 8 episodes down... only to fail later... 

Excellent epi to stop at, JzeeLOL...I LOVED Desperate Souls...it was a bit of a game changer vis a vis my interest in the show...but if you loved 8, wait till you get to 12TongueLOL

You're very right on most counts about Rumple...and the show continues to unfold layers to him bit by bit even now...you'll see as you watch the latter half of season one and start to understand Rumple's motivations vis a vis the curse and his relationship with Regina which has far more history than we can imagineLOL

As for Regina...yes, one doesn't get that sense as clearly in the early half but the latter half of the show and her backstory will deffo start to make you see her in a different light...as of now, it's just about the basic struggle of defeating Emma, keeping the curse intact...the game changers later on will shift things.

Edited by AreYaar - 20 October 2012 at 6:06pm

without-fathom

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

^thats so interesting because even at that moment I felt as if she did seriously loved him...up till then I felt like she was only obligated to care.

SPOILER

I'm super interested to see how Cora will fit into this whole matter when Regina is turning into a sort of softie again with handing Henry over to Charming.

Another bond that I'm interested to see is Snow and Emma I mean last episode was amazing with badass Snow protecting Emma and all and Emma finally accepting her. And I freaking adore Charming and Henry especially when he calls him Gramps

regarding Hook being Emma's love interest...right now the most popular theory I've heard is that Bae is Emma's baby daddy and for some reason I think that is plausible because when Jennifer Morrison appeared on the View a few weeks back she sort of hinted that Rumple might have something to do with Henry's father being revealed

*SPOILERS*

Yes, I'm also waiting for the Cora-Regina faceoff and storyline in this season...that should be super fun...I don't think Regina can ever fully be a softie...she's got a lot of demons to battle and she's a conflicted soul right now thanks to her love for Henry and her invariable addiction to power and magic.

I think we'll get to see more of Snow-Emma adventures for a while now that they are together in fairytale land...

Yeah I've heard about Bae being Henry's dad too and what a way that would be to connect Rumple to the Charming familyLOL...they could be setting up a love triangle b/w Hook-Emma-Bae too...but that remains to be seen...I'm most curious to know more about August too.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top