Celebrity Fan Clubs

**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 40)

Post Reply New Post

Page 40 of 47

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
@Jzee: LOL it's BELLE yaar...not BELLA...Bella toh is Twicrap special  :P

Yep epi 12 is Skin Deep...the Rumbelle epi as they call this pairing...lol...you've very eloquently described the shades of cowardice to Rumple and you will see this theme fleshed out more as you watch the rest of the series.

I'd disagree slightly about Gold showing all signs of REMORSE per se really...Gold/Rumple...are the same in many ways essentially despite diametrically opposite behavior patterns...Rumple is theatrical while Gold delivers his threats, goes about conducting his deals in a more SUBTLE manner...but the man is essentially the same.

The vulnerability happens to come in cuz they are in a different world, in a different place...and the balance of power shifts ever so subtly...on Regina, I'd say keep watching...you'll know soon enough who REALLY pulls the strings...lol

From Gold, I get more of a sense of WEARINESS than REMORSE really...a man who has many burdens on his soul but essentially can't let go of the very traits that got him to this point...Epi 4 of season 2 has a brilliant scene that explains this very well.

What's seriously awesome about this character is the shades of grey they've put into him so compellingly...essentially a coward, yes...but his need for control and power is so well shown too...how far he goes for this, what brings him back from the brink...his relationships with both Bae and Belle...some very interesting material for Rumple in this show.

LOL@ your avi...haha I saw that on Tumblr too...

Oh yeah I noticed the beginning montage each time since the beginning of the series...clever touch they've put in.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathom

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 40)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
@ JZee - so glad to see you here, dearie! and all the more because of the shared love of Rumpelstiltskin & Skin Deep ;) j/k, your presence is valued even otherwise. More responses to your post later, but I think you'll find that Charming of Season 2 is far more engaging than he had been in season 1. Ignore my next paragraph btw - SPOILERS!

@ all - I've gotta say I really liked this episode. I'm just going to copy over what I said on tumblr to explain:  I've read all kinds of complaints about the episode, but I've gotta say that I really loved it. In spite of its flaws, it was a remarkable example of character development. Even though we've only had two Red-centric episodes so far in the series, together they give a very complete picture of her process of self-discovery. The transition she undergoes - from being a naive child completely unaware of the wolf thing, to someone heartbroken and guilt-ridden over what it's made her do, to confidently owning the best of both those identities and synthesizing into one cohesive and inspiring personality - is really beautifully portrayed.

I've made several gif sets on the episode itself, but first let me share the one I did from the promo for the next episode since I like how it turned out:

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.without-fathomAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 14 November 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
**Casting Spoiler for Season 2**

Oh, brother. This latest piece of Once Upon a Time casting gives new meaning to the phrase "adding a limb to the family tree."

TVLine has learned exclusively that the sophomore ABC drama has cast Chad Michael Collins as Gerhardt, a younger brother of David Anders' Dr. Whale.

Gerhardt is described as an athletic and good-natured military man who is filled with idealism, "the kind of son any parent would be proud of."

The character's tie to Whale of course also hints that, given the reveal in the recent episode "The Doctor," he is Dr. Victor Frankenstein's brother, who according to literary canon as well as Once's interpretation, was the subject of an electrifying reanimation.

Collins will guest-star in Episode 12 of Season 2. The actor's recent TV credits include ABC's Last Resort (as Redman, the naval officer that Serrat killed when Chaplin didn't meet a deadline), Major Crimes, 2 Broke Girls and Ringer.

Edited by AreYaar - 14 November 2012 at 10:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Maz.

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Hahaha, okay, Bell(E) not Bell(A) - would probably not be so much different but for Twilight's scar LOL I think I caught "Bella" off something on Tumblr about the episode... 

@remorse - no you word it precisely, the "weariness". I didn't mean he has shows any reform in remorse, or any change - minus the toned down theatrics as you say - but what I meant was that that Gold/Rumple have an acute realization of this personal cowardice and how it has cost him people he has loved most, and that realization, the guilt of it shows. It has nothing to do with any change it evokes in him, fundamentally, across the two lives - nor does he show any signs of being a man who can be altered by remorse. But just the guilt, it's there, and heavy. And more weariness then, as you said, than remorse precisely, since the latter is essentially more about seeking an out, which Rumple doesn't seem to, anytime. 

@Rumple avi - Lol!!! Yeh, I saw it among the early things on Tumblr and didn;t search too much too far to avoid general spoilers... which is also the reason I'm trying to avoid your OUAT update for now... but chalo, before the end of the week, hopefully I will genuinely be caught up! 

Lola - Oh you're here too! Hug Of course you'd be and I should hardly be surprised! Avoiding the spoilers very strictly for now, but hopefully will be all caught up soon. But I couldn't help seeing the Henry gifs... wanting to be a hero, huh! I always have some secondary ideas about whether him being named Henry (as Regina's father) would eventually associate the two in any other way either...  Because there are Gold and Regina. Then there is Emma the savior. But Henry - he's not the good or bad hero or villain, he's not the returned messiah. But he knows everything with such conviction, is his only role typically being Emma's son and Regina's foster ward? 

Anyway, Charming becomes a better deal second season? Wow, that needs seeing to believe Tongue He just bores me so entirely for now, when (as I said before) he isn't annoying me by being so spinelessly-dilemma-wrecked! Even dear fairy tale princess Snow/Mary has more punch than the guy! 

AreYaar

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
 So not only two weeks of waiting, no new sneak peaks
they should actually have given us more sneak peaks just so that we can keep outselves busy
 25th epi is the last epi I will see before my vacation and I will have to rely  on wikis to know the spoilers.

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
New casting spoiler

Anna: In desperate need of some Once Upon a Time scoop!

Prepare for the arrival of a new princess: Helena! Confident and well-bred, this brunette knows her way around kings and courts and can wrap any man around her finger.
Still, don't let the sweet-talking fool you: She's a warrior and has slain many deadly creatures; she's not afraid to get her hands dirty to get what she wants.

Helena? She's from the Hercules movie, right?

Maz.

Maz.

IF-Rockerz

Maz.

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
^^ Yep Hercules...googled it ;)...I vaguely remember watching this Hercules TV series that used to air..

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maz.

^^ Yep Hercules...googled it ;)...I vaguely remember watching this Hercules TV series that used to air..

I think I caught a bit of the Disney Hercules movie on TV a few days back...and she's Hercules's love interest in the animated movie...wonder what they'll show of her in OUATLOL...does this mean that Hercules and the Greek gods are not far behind either?ConfusedLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top