Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 3)

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Barbara Hershey interview talking about Cora and her motivations and connections to Regina and Rumple:

Written By Clarissa on October 14th, 2012 at 11:57 am

Once Upon a TimeOnce Upon a Time's Barbara Hershey is a vault of information.  Her desire to let the audience experience the story instead of spoiling it should be the stuff of legends (much like the fairytales in her show), but we were able to tease some information out of her during a recent conversation, as well as discuss what makes Cora the woman she is today.

In last week's episode of Once Upon a Time we got a crucial piece of Regina's backstory...specifically, how she turned from the girl we've seen in the past to the magical - and evil - Queen we know now.  As it turns out, Regina's journey wasn't all that different from her mother's, Cora.  Both women were approached by Rumplestiltskin and introduced to magic and both women became hardened.  For Regina, this process specifically began as her wedding day approached.  Unwilling to marry King Leopold, she finally made a desperate attempt to escape, only to be stopped by Cora.  Later, Rumple approached her and offered to help get rid of her mother.  As Cora continued to push and push, insisting her daughter do as she was told, Regina finally snapped, pushing her mother into a mirror that sent her elsewhere.  Where that was, we don't know.  But we do know that Cora is currently residing in a dungeon in present day fairytale land, kept prisoner by the cursed land's survivors.

Barbara is set to appear in tonight's and next week's episodes, as well as returning as Cora in episodes throughout November and December.  While her role was initially smaller, it's since been expanded, giving us a chance to learn more about her interesting character.  And learn we shall.  Barbara told us that we'll delve into Cora's backstory in upcoming episodes: "I do know they're going to explore - as they do with these characters - why they turned, why she's the way she is.  There's a whole history with Rumple, I'm sure, that they're going to explore.  I know it's coming."  And will we will learn Cora's whereabouts between the time she was pushed into the mirror until she appeared in Mulan's dungeon in present-day fairytale land?  "Yes, you will.  But all I can say is that it's very exciting."

After seeing Regina attempt to regain her earlier goodness in last week's episode, I had to ask Barbara whether that internal struggle might come for Cora, or whether she's a proper villain.  Barbara chose the former: "I don't think Eddie and Adam approach any character as a 'proper villain', a mustache-twirling villain.  They've always said that 'evil isn't born, it's made'.  I think when you understand when a character changed - what it was that changed them - it doesn't excuse the path they're on, but it does explain it.  Hopefully you feel a bit of it, even now, under the surface with Cora.  I'm not going to excuse what she does.  She does horrible things.  She's very warped and whether she can go anywhere from that - beyond that - I don't know yet."

Once Upon a TimeBarbara went on to explain that "For all her terribleness, she, in a very warped way, does love her daughter.  We've all seen these parents who push their kids in a direction that they don't want to go in the name of love.  Cora is just this mega version of that horror story.  From Cora's point of view she loves her daughter and wants the best for her.  Wants what she thinks would make [Regina] happy and free.  So yes, she would be hurt [by Regina pushing her into the mirror].  Any mother would."  At the same time, however, "[Cora] is warped.  She's not operating from a healthy place, so I think all of her perceptions are kind of misguided and turned beyond what they should be.  She has this line where she says 'power is freedom' and I think she means that.  She thinks that's the place for a woman to live and have happiness...not be a victim of circumstance or men, to be in a place where, if you have the power, then you're free.  She wants that for her daughter.  [But she'll also be open to] living vicariously through [Regina's position in life]."

On a final note, I mentioned a scene from last week's Once Upon a Time where Regina wanted to give up magic after getting rid of her mother, but Rumple made what were clearly false promises to get her to continue.  So how much of Regina and Cora's paths were because of their own desires for power and how much were as a result of Rumple's influence.  Speculating, Barbara replied that it was "Probably both. The other theme that they had last season was that magic comes with a price.  I think that's what they're talking about when they say it...that you give up something to be able to have magic.  You saw it in the transition of Regina from an innocent girl to the Evil Queen.  I imagine something similar happened to Cora.  You give up something, I think, for this magic, at least [for] Rumple's magic.  Maybe there's other magic you don't give up your soul for."  There is, and it involves fairy dust.  But somehow we just don't see Cora and Regina sprinkling it over things to get their way.

Read more at http://www.tvovermind.com/once-upon-a-time-abc/once-upon-a-time-barbara-hershey-cora/#30v6kXmg7O00SYkK.99

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-NymeriaTani91

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:22pm | IP Logged
Spoiler/article on epi 6-Tallahasee

Fee-fi-fo-fum. On Nov. 4, ABC’s Once Upon a Time gets another visit from a Lost alum, and this one’s a biggie. Or, more specifically, “a Giant, like six times a normal person,” says Jorge Garcia.Though Jack the beanstalk boy is not involved in this take on the fairy-tale classic, expect the big man to interact with Emma and Captain Hook. Just like the characters in the classic Disney cartoon “Mickey and the Beanstalk,” Emma and Hook go on a mission to find something in the Giant’s lair. But it’s not a golden singing harp like in the cartoon.“It’s something else,” teases Garcia, who will also play a drug dealer on Showtime’s Californication next year. The Giant will be far from mellow. “He’s a dangerous, angry guy,” says Garcia, whose favorite part of the role was dressing up in the Giant’s rags. It was “the coolest, most extravagant costume I’ve ever worn,” he says. “There’s definitely an Eastern influence to it, with a corset-style belt and a lot of bangle things that jingled when I walked.” Dude!

Fee-fi-fo-fum. On Nov. 4, ABC's Once Upon a Time gets another visit from a Lost alum, and this one's a biggie. Or, more specifically, "a Giant, like six times a normal person," says Jorge Garcia.

Though Jack the beanstalk boy is not involved in this take on the fairy-tale classic, expect the big man to interact with Emma and Captain Hook. Just like the characters in the classic Disney cartoon "Mickey and the Beanstalk," Emma and Hook go on a mission to find something in the Giant's lair. But it's not a golden singing harp like in the cartoon.

"It's something else," teases Garcia, who will also play a drug dealer on Showtime's Californication next year. The Giant will be far from mellow. "He's a dangerous, angry guy," says Garcia, whose favorite part of the role was dressing up in the Giant's rags. It was "the coolest, most extravagant costume I've ever worn," he says. "There's definitely an Eastern influence to it, with a corset-style belt and a lot of bangle things that jingled when I walked." Dude!

Hmmm so no Jack...there goes my theory that Bae would be on top of the Beanstalk somehowLOL

-Swetha-NymeriaTani91

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Was searching for another FC and winded up here...is it free to joinEmbarrassed I'm a HUGE OUAT fan

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Hello Tani :-) Yep the FC is very much free to join...Welcome :-)

I'm a recent convert but quite a big fan of OUAT now too...lol

-Swetha-NymeriaTani91

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Haha NICEThumbs Up! I've been a fan of the show since the start...ever since I found out it was from the Lost writers which intrigues me even more and me being the Disney freak I am was instantly hookedEmbarrassed

LOVING season 2 so far. Badass Snow is backDancing...missed her during season one in Storybrooke.

PS sorry for the typos and all...typing from my ipad and dumb autocorrectDead

Edited by Tani91 - 18 October 2012 at 9:34pm

-Swetha-NymeriaAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Yep the fact that it's by the writers of Lost really adds a lot to the show and I love Badass Snow too! LOL she was awesome in the recent epi and hope to see more of the same in the coming epis...Mulan and Aurora haven't done much so far...hope there is more to them in the coming epis but they are kinda blahh to me as of now *shrugs*

-----------------------------------

Another Adam-Eddy interview about season 2

Once Upon A Time Producers
Bring New Worlds to Season 2

Monday, October 8th, 2012 at 8:20am

Last season, ABC's Once Upon A Time ended in a way that both wrapped the story fans had been following for a year and left them hanging with many, many new questions. After the curse that had kept the denizens of Storybrooke trapped in our time fell, fairy tale characters from Snow White to Jiminy Cricket remembered who they were…but what exactly did that mean?

After last week's premiere, Spinoff Online spoke with executive producers and creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz about how Season 2 had changed things for everyone, including the startling turn that some of Fairy Tale Land still stands and that Snow and her daughter Emma Swan are now trapped there. Below, the writers dig into what corners of the world will be uncovered over this season and why, what the end of the curse means for the cast and for magic in our world, what old villains like the Wicked Queen and Rumpelstiltskin will face with the change, and what new characters like Captain Hook to Mulan will bring to the mix.

Once Upon A Time airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. You can still catch the season premiere "Broken" and last night's new episode "We Are Both" on most cable providers' On Demand services.

SPINOFF: When the last season of Once Upon A Time ended, we knew the end of the curse was going to make for some changes, but I'm not sure people saw a direct return to the untouched areas of Fairy Tale Land in the offing. This move was foreshadowed by the introduction of the Mad Hatter and his hat last season. At what point did you know you wanted to pierce that veil and connect the two places as a focus of Season 2, and what did that choice allow you that you couldn't have done before?

Eddy Kitsis: For us, we knew we wanted to break the curse last year, but then the question became "Then what?" Well, the answer became "Seeing Emma in Fairy Tale Land." We always had the idea that there would eb this post-apocalyptic, present day Fairy Tale Land that was still going on, and the reason we did it this early in Season 2 was because the episode was a lot about parents and sacrifice. Emma had just become a believer, and so for us, having her sacrifice or risk herself for Henry who wants Regina to live and then get sucked into the Wraith as a result of that … we thought it was great to have Mary Margaret go after her because as Emma said in the episode, "Being alone. Which curse is worse?" For us, it made for a good way to start the second season with something that was unexpected and yet also bond mother and daughter.

We only got a taste early in the first episode that Mary Margaret and Emma have accepted that they are mother and daughter early in the first episode before throwing them into this unknown world. Does their new situation help them bridge that gap in any way?

Adam Horowitz: Nothing is easy for these characters, and their relationships, and I think being thrown into this situation allows Emma an opportunity to see her mother in her world and also to get a glimpse of where she came from.

Kitsis: All of Season 1, Emma was like the big sister to Mary Margaret. But now, she finds out not only that this woman is her mom, but now she's also in a land where she's never faced any of these things. Her mom is the expert here, and so there's a rebalancing of their relationship to be had.

How have you cut up the boundaries of Fairy Tale Land? Is there just a giant map in your office of which stories survived in that world and which made it to Storybrooke?

Horowitz: There's a very specific plan we have for why Fairy Tale Land is the way it is, why some of it was left untouched, why some folks were left back and why others were taken. The reasons for that are things we intend to unfurl as the season continues.

One standout moment for me in the premier was when the townsfolk were going after Regina angry mob-style, and finally "Jiminy" had to step up and say, "This is wrong. We can't do this." Despite all the changes that have impacted these people in the 20-plus years since Storybrooke was founded, they do seem to retain the core qualities they had in Fairytale Land so far. Now with full memory of both worlds, will that continuity of character remain true for all the people?

Kitsis: The thing is that each character remembers both of their lives, and a lot of what I think you're asking about gets answered this week [in Episode 2]. "Am I Grumpy, or am I Leroy?" I think that the 28 years is still very real to them whether they were implanted memories or not, and that idea of playing both characters is going to come into focus. In a lot of ways, the end of the curse may remind you of what you've lost, and it may remind you of what you need to get back. For Archie, just because his curse was broken it doesn't mean he'd not a conscious just like he was before. Beneath that conscious is a man who was trying to redeem himself for the guilt of turning Gepetto's parents into puppets. For him, it's very natural to not want Regina killed because he doesn't believe in that.

What's the main challenge for the Storybrooke cast this year? We know that on the Fairytale Land side of things, Emma and Mary Margaret will be looking for a way home. But since Emma was such a driving force of what transpired in Storybrooke over the past year, what character steps into that role of being our focus in town?

Kitsis: I would say that "David" – otherwise known as Prince Charming – is going to have to be stepping in to gain control of the town that no longer trusts Regina – who has her powers back or is seemingly about to. And I think there's a very delicate balance there to be kept. Gold has always operated where he doesn't care who's in charge. He just does what he wants. And Regina herself is broken now. She'll have her own arc. But as far as putting the town back in order, I think we're going to have to rely on David and Ruby.

Speaking of Mr. Gold, his story is taking on new wrinkles since Belle as played by Emilie DeRaven is a permanent part of the cast now. And Regina has a lot of complications with Henry now that are softening her a bit too. What is the main focus for our two villains this season since their smokescreen has fallen away?

Horowitz: I think that you call them villains, but to them, they're completely justified in what their doing. So any softening in them you may perceive is a way that we're approaching of attempting to deepen these characters – to deepen their motivations and complicate them. But they're still antagonists because they're still at odds with what some of our other characters are after. To us, villainy isn't black and white. Its shades should be a little gray, a little complicated. And as we said last season, evil isn't born. It's made. And we're seeing that process continue as a struggle.

Kitsis: And I think as far as Regina goes, she lost everything in the last episode of last season, but when she found out that Henry didn't want her to die, I think it renewed her hope a little bit. She is a different person because of this. As Adam said, we're going to see a different side of Regina than we have.

We've been teased of a few different new characters and new villains making their way into the show, but the rules have changed a bit because of the end of the curse. Are we getting away from the format of last season where we'd see a new person show up in town and slowly learn their Fairy Tale Land back story? Is there a chance for more direct crossover between worlds now?

Horowitz: There's going to be ways we meet characters that are completely similar to the way we met them last year, and then there's going to be totally new ways that we meet the characters. But the core focus of the show remains on our central Snow, David, Henry and Emma family as well as the Regina/Mr. Gold antagonist group and how their wants and needs interfere with each other. And like last season, other characters get pulled into their orbit to create conflicts and difficulties for everyone.

Watching the premiere, I wrote down the phrase "Who is Will?" which seems like a pretty important question for the year.

Kitsis: [Laughs] Well, obviously the fact that we had David ask him who he was in the episode was a sign that that's something we wanted everyone asking. What we can tell you … well, we could just tell you who he is now and ruin it, but instead we'll tell you to wait until episode five.

Horowitz: It's coming!

Colin O'Donoghue brings Captain Hook to "Once Upon A Time"

Well, episode five is the first episode since the premier that the two of you will write, which is always a sign of big things to come. The structure of Season 1 was all about the curse existing and Henry wanting to break it – a very clear path. Season 2 so far has a ton of storylines rolling but not quite that direct a problem. Are these first five episodes here to set up that overall arc?

Horowitz: Hopefully! [Laughs]

Kitsis: Yeah, we hope that's what we're doing. Last year was about the premise of the pilot and breaking the curse, and now that the show has evolved, I think we've allowed ourselves more freedom. The first mission isn't just one line. There are many issues we can play with. One is "Now that magic's back, what does that mean?" Another is, "Now that the curse is broken and people remember who they are, can they leave town?" Then there's just, "What happens now?" You've got Mary Margaret and Emma in Fairy Tale Land, but you've also got David taking care of a child. He's only been a parent for 28 minute. We're hoping that this season allows us to dig deeper into the people we already know and love and watch them develop into new and different avenues since last year was framed just with "There is s a curse, and it needs to be broken."

Finally, what are you most looking forward to from new characters and old this season? Last year toward the end, the Mad Hatter was someone you were really jazzed to bring in. Is there a similar introducing awaiting you now?

Kitsis: I can tell you right off the bat, we're very excited about Captain Hook. We think we have a fun twist on him, but we think he is a really fun character to watch.

Horowitz: I think that what Season 2 has provided us an opportunity for is to really dig deeper in all the characters. And that's what we've tried to do. With the new characters you've seen so far like Mulan and Aurora, we're really excited to show you who they are and even more excited to show you how they impact the characters you already know and help them grow and change moving forward.

Tani91Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Woah at this spoiler!

So Regina was promised to Rumple as a baby by Cora? Woww

Speaking of family, when Barbara Hershey was cast, there was an option for her to return in Season 2. Will we see her return? Especially considering magic is abound and she's more powerful than her daughter... or is she?
Kitsis:
I mean, to not have Barbara Hershey come back would be such a travesty of Season 2. That is exactly the question. In the episode "Stable Boy," she talked about how she was the miller's daughter and she had to do a lot to keep Regina. If I remember correctly, the miller's daughter was given to a prince because she could spin straw into gold. Therefore, she owed Rumpelstiltskin a baby. The question is, is that baby Regina? ... When you get that Regina is the baby that's promised to Rumpel, then you're like, what did Cora do to get out of a deal with a man who usually kills people?
Horowitz: Right. So there's the connection between Cora, Rumpel, and Regina that we're quite excited to explore. It was meant to be subtle.
Kitsis: Everyone was like, why does the queen hate Snow? We were able to hide that. Now we're like, everyone go back and look!

Tani91Nymeria

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
OMFG...wow that would be a bombshellShocked but then again add a whole new dimension to the screwed up power struggle between Regina and RumplestiltskinLOL cant wait to watch when this unfolds...love me some Rumple-Regina showdownsApprove

NymeriaAreYaar

Go to top