Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

**OUAT FC** So what's your deal, Dearies? (Page 2)

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nymeria

lol LOL

hahahaha such KIDS these two can be sometimesLOL...but I love this "nanananana" relationship b/w themLOL

This set of gifs makes me wonder about the deal b/w them...Regina CONFIDENTLY presumed that Rumple too would lose his memory like the other characters but he didn't...so did she SERIOUSLY presume for half of the season that it was only Mr. Gold she was talking to?LOL...She didn't sound THAT surprised when Rumple admitted that he knew his real name either...but it was a good point in the story cuz they stopped beating about the bush and were open about it...I especially love that exchange in b/w when Regina goes sarcastically, "Such hostility" and Rumple goes, "Oh yeah"LOL...SO much fun it is to watch these characters/actors facing offLOL

Edited by AreYaar - 18 October 2012 at 1:18pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Nymeria

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

The scottish accent totally adds to it, no doubt but the FLAIR with which he plays Rumple is truly what makes this character so awesome...like he mentioned in the EW article...the way he got that high pitched childish giggle of Rumple's from watching his son make funny voicesLOL...and the theatrical effect of this character that he's mentioned in other interviews too.
Word, Anu. I loved that little skype interview i posted yesterday and especially that insight into Robert's version of Rumpel. I'm so freaking glad he's the one playing the character. I didn't know much about Rumpelstiltskin before this show. I knew a little bit about him like the whole deal with him wanting first borns in exchange for favors but the way they've developed his character and his story in the show is amazing and Robert's version of the character is definitely a major plus point.

Btw Amy, what are you theories on Mr. Gold's limp? Why does he walk with a limp in Storybrooke? Rumple's been shown fine in all the FBs so far...maybe that will be explained one day too. Good question, Anu. I wonder about that too at times. Rumpel does have a staff in FTL, well before he became the Dark One. But I wonder why he limps in SB as well.

Did you see those sneak peaks of 2.04 i posted?

-Swetha-AreYaar

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Oh i'm loving all these wonderful gifs from you, Anu. Keep posting.

The wordplay between Regina and Mr. Gold/ Rumpel is awesome. They are such equals and that's what makes their clashes oh-so-amazing to watch than Regina versus Charmings or Rumpel versus Charmings. Yeah Good verus Evil is the over arching theme but the way the writers have developed the characters and stories of Regina and Rumpelstiltskin, it looks like they too are more interested in the battle between EQUALS.

-Swetha-AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks, Amy! There is so much awesome stuff on Tumblr that I've been browsing through since I managed to finish catching up...lol...

Ahh I'm avoiding the sneak peeks as of now cuz I want to be a bit spoiler-free for the epi and watch it first hand...but since Rumple is there in every sneak peek from what I can see of the vids, I think we're deffo gonna get an awesome epi.

Regina fans were upset with the previous epi cuz they only showed her for like a minute but dude there was like NO Rumple in the epi AT all...haha...but I don't mind...the show moves all the characters along bit by bit and gives them space...I'm generally only kinda ehh about characters like Red unless her story picks up later on...the rest of the Snow-Charming bits and all I don't mind that much.

All I knew about Rumple before this show was also just the basic legend of him wanting the first born child and a bit from what I watched of Shrek version of Rumple where he made all those deals and stuff...lol...this character isn't given that much prominence in fairy tales anyways...he's not a MEGA villain like the Evil Queens in the various fairy tales...but they've given him a LOT to play with in this series by making his story connect with that of literally EVERY character in the series...they used that plot device of Rumple's quest to acquire the most powerful magic he can through all the deals he can strike to connect him with every character and that's some brilliant writing.

Did you watch this other Rumple VM from the same person who made the one you posted on the previous page? This one's good too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAAn4uERXhA&feature=channel&list=UL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Nymeriaincandescence

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
This vidder is really fab yaar...I'm loving all of her Rumple VMs...this one with the Rumple-Belle story is really good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZzMw-zCBM0&feature=relmfu

You know in a sense this is the only "love story" in the show that touches me...probably in major part due to the whole Rumple arc...there is something so heartbreaking about it...I love Regina too but her "love story" was in essence a plot device to show why she became what she did...Rumple's is all about unrequited and complicated love so it's more interesting.

-Swetha-Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Amy, I finally watched those Contender interviews you posted of Lana and Robert and those were both lovely ones...it's so sweet to know that they do indeed get along best out of the others in the cast...the chemistry shows in their scenes...Lana really is a veryyy sweet person...and it's so sweet that she looks to Robert as a big brother and mentor.

I liked these Contender interviews cuz they were different from the usual typical soundbyte media interviews and had a more personal connection while interviewing the actors.

It was quite fascinating to learn how Robert put together Rumple's characteristics to make him what he is and the fact that Skin Deep literally seems to be EVERYONE'S fav. epi...lolll...that epi really was the clincher for me too...if there is only one epi anyone watches of this show, it should be that one...and now season 2, epi 2 as well I'd say...the best epis of the series so far...but yeah epi 12 was a gamechanger like Robert said cuz it pulled all the threads together and showed you all these sides to Rumple...the sadness within him, his vulnerabilities, his paranoia, his obsession with his power.

-Swetha-Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
TV guide interview with the creators:

*SPOILERS*

We grabbed your fan questions off Twitter and hit up Hororwitz and Kitsis for a quick round of scoop, in which the producers had the option to answer, "Yes," "No" or "Can't Answer." Some of their answers, and possible non-answers, are pretty telling, so check them out below:

Was it Aurora's (Sarah Bolger) mother that Regina (Lana Parrilla) was referring to back in Season 1 who got the best of Maleficent (Kristin Bauer)?
Edward Kitsis: Yes.

Might we ever see that?
Adam Horowitz:
We might!

Is there ever a chance for romance between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and August (Eion Bailey)?
Kitsis:
I would say that Emma is definitely going to have some interesting suitors this year, but August has, so far, been such a big brother to her that I'm not sure that those two are meant to be. But it's a TV show; you never know!
Horowitz: We haven't seen the last of those two together on the show.

Would the consequences be as severe if Regina left Storybrooke considering she doesn't have an alter-ego memory?
Hororwitz:
No. It would not be as severe.

Will other characters cross into fairy-tale land?
Hororwitz: We take the fifth.

Will Belle (Emilie de Ravin) ever confront Regina for locking her up?
Hororwitz:
She should!

Even though Cora (Barbara Hershey) says she killed Lancelot (Sinqua Walls), have we seen the last of him?
Horowitz:
No.
Kitsis: Why does everyone just believe what Cora says? Not one person on the blogs have doubted Cora, as if she's the most trustworthy character that we have! She's not Snow White, for God's sake!

Could Cora have good intentions?
Hororwitz:
I think everybody thinks they do.

Going back to Lancelot, is there a chance of seeing Guinevere or Arthur?
Kitsis:
There is a chance of seeing it, perhaps this season, but definitely someday we will. 

Will we ever see flashbacks to pre-Emma Storybrooke when the curse was intact?
Horowitz: We're very interested in that period as well.

Will we see how Henry (Jared Gilmore) ended up in Storybrooke?
Kitsis:
Yes, it's just a matter of when.

Is King George (Alan Dale) still hell-bent on revenge?
Kitsis: Oh yeah! Keep watching!

LOL hopefully that puts to rest the theories of shipping Emma and August but I would deffo like to see more of them together no doubt. Regina ever LEAVING Storybrooke and the curse not affecting her...intriguing possibility...but if the curse can affect Rumple for crossing the line, why not Regina?  Also he's saying it's very much possible that Lancelot is NOT dead and Cora is lying...which she obviously is an expert at...so it would be nice to see more of Lancelot too...

-Swetha-Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Robert talking about the creation of Rumple:

Once Upon a Time's Rumpelstiltskin is arguably broadcast TV's most extreme character, a devilish, vindictive, childish wizard who offers to fulfill desperate wishes "for a price." Actor Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting, 28 Weeks Later) plays fairy tale land's Rumple and his sober Storybrooke alter ego Mr. Gold, and put plenty of thought into the creation of both characters. Here's some secrets about both, and be sure to check out this Sunday's episode, which features a key Rumple storyline. Also, hey look at this week's cover of Entertainment Weekly ' it's Once Upon a Time!

Origins: "I knew Rumpelstiltskin's name but I didn't know anything else about him," Carlyle says. "Everyone thinks they know Rumpelstiltskin but they don't really. The lines I was given to perform seemed to be begging to be taken as far from normality as possible. I thought, 'The braver the [performance] better.'"

The voice: "There's no way I could speak in my normal voice while looking so extraordinary and while having this bizarre stuff to say," the actor reasoned. "I tried many different types of voices and the thing that I landed on was completely by chance, really, thanks to my son. He was wandering though the house making these high-pitched voices and sounds I thought, 'Rumpelstiltskin has a child-like quality to him, he kind of enjoys gleefully tricking people.'"

The reasoning: "He's 300 years old. He's met so many people over the years that he's been impressed and unimpressed by, he's taken on their voices, he's taken on their accents and their mannerisms. He's layered so much he's lost himself." Once Upon showrunners Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis point out that every time we meet Carlyle in fairy tale land he's in a slightly different time period and so therefore Carlyle actually uses a slightly different voice every single time to show this gradual layering effect.

Less is more: "One of the things I spoke about with [Horowitz and Kitsis] is that we shouldn't over-use this character. If you overuse something like Rumple, you begin to see how it works and it becomes less attractive. He's the kind of character the audience should look forward to seeing, rather than hitting you with it week after week, I don't think that would work."

Mr. Gold: "I try to keep him absolutely neutral," he says. "I almost do [Mr. Gold] in slow motion. It's the exact opposite of what I'm doing with Rumpelstiltskin. He resonates calm. There's not many times as an actor you get to play the opposite ends of the scale."

[x]

Rumple is 300 years old? Wow...lol makes sense though...he's had to have that much time to manage to gather so much power and magic plus I think becoming the Dark One makes him immortal too, right? Does he stop aging as well? LOL

Loved the bit where they talked about how Robert changes his voice for each time period we see Rumple in cuz it's sort of a different  kind of nuance to Rumple each time we see him and it's really fun...the characters talk about how they are "both"...but I think actually Regina and Rumple especially are THREE kinds of people...the Storybrooke versions, the initial versions before magic corrupted them and then the transient versions that we get to see from time to time as they evolved from their initial selves to what they currently are.

Edited by AreYaar - 18 October 2012 at 9:55pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Nymeriaincandescence

Go to top