Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Okayyy, here I am *does a fancy self-brandishing act that  makes Regina turn her head and Rumple come forward with a deal in exchange of the style* πŸ˜Ž 

So I'm 3 episodes done - Mazzy you might be right, they do seem familiar, maybe I watched them on fast forward motion or something before, just deciding whether or not to watch... although why I would do that for 4 whole episodes is still elusive... but then, I've never said I'm not weird πŸ˜† 

Khair 3 down - and briefly speaking, the most interesting part of the show for me - as of now - is Rumple, and Regina's apple tree πŸ˜† Don't stab me, I do find her apple tree more interesting than her, atm, but I'm not forming opinions yet, because this one is known to start of slow as a show! 

And because I'm the apple tree fan, obviously Emma's sawing of the tree and Regina's reaction to that was a paisa vasool scene for me πŸ˜† The characters are unfolding only in their own sweet time, but it's easy to tell that Emma has her own share of guards which come down, mostly, when confronted with OPEN challenge πŸ˜† So when nothing seems like it will keep her back, it is Regina's constant warnings/threats that make her stay. 

But why do I go on about Emma - she's fair enough, Henry and she are even cute together, IMO for now cuter than Snow and Charming πŸ˜† - but Rumple, Rumple is the darkest of them all! No seconds. For someone who seems like he's all about himself, and nothing more, he's on a perpetual alert, and even though they try to make it seem enigmatic, I'm sure he remembers everything exactly like Regina does. Which might be good reason to be on the alert, despite having a good life and just himself to bother about. It's a funny thing though - for some as self assured with nothing to lose kind of guy that he could be, he doesn't seem like he would have no chink in the armor. And it seems unlikely his shop/riches would be the weak point. Probably guards something darker, deeper. Biggest thing is - there's little telling about him. Since he seems like he's on nobody's side, it's hard to say who he will back up at what point. 

The other thing is Regina and Henry. She doesn't have motherly love for him, but there is something genuine there. Can't say what. Is it just her win over everybody else, is he like her trophy? Or is he a cover she must keep? Or is she just scared he's giving her away, creating lines of doubt, well, bound to create them eventually. There are moments it seems she genuinely cares - again, not in a motherly way, but I can't exactly put my finger down and say how... 

Anyway - so yes, the show likes its own time to unwrap. But I think they've got most of the cast bang on, and the ground work may be slow, but its steady and convincing. The only actor/character I remain largely underwhelmed by right, the one character I think will eventually HAVE to matter since the story is about them too - is Charming. And it's not about their story being cheesy - which is at least partly a given in a theme of fairy tales! - but he's just... underwhelming for me. Snow/Ginnifer on the other hand I think is doing great. I'm hoping I'll get to like Charming better in time... 

Off to watch the next 3 in a bit... 
Edited by without-fathom - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL Jzee, Charming is not really going to grow on you...haha...there is this plateau he kinda more or less sticks to...in b/w he kinda got lame with the whole Katherine angle but yeah generally there isn't more than the one dimensional "gallant" prince angle to him.

I adore Snow though...Ginny is just TOO cute and when she goes into badass Snow mode, she's even more awesome...lol

The real fun is all in Rumple-Regina...keep watching :-)...Regina's feelings regarding Henry become clearer later on in the series :-)...LOL and yeah her apple fixation is quite interesting too :P
AreYaar thumbnail
Maz. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Finished 6 episodes :D

I'm liking it...one fairytale character story added in each episode..nicely done..and I like how they keep questioning themselves if Henry is really right about their lives. Without doubt Regina is awesome as the badass queen πŸ˜Ž and mayor. The Emma and Regina scenes are nice...Regina and Henry...yea I also feel there is something genuine about her feelings for him...like we see when Henry gets stuck in that tunnel with Archie. Snow is getting good too.. and Rumpelstiltskin is totally cool..he's like everywhere! making deals...I get the FC title now...very nice! πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Oooh Mazzy, you stopped just ONE short of a really good epiπŸ˜†...but chalo keep watching...yep the initial epis they keep on adding one fairytale per epi but later on when they start doing the backstories for Rumple, Regina things get more interesting.

Next epi is the Huntsman epi...I think you'll like that one...It was the first one that I felt really piqued my interest in the show and from thereon it just got better and better.
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Amy...good thinking...so glad for this! I love the first post and specially that Disney movies similarities gifs. This show, in a way, reminds me of my childhood sometimes...the world of fairy tales we built around us when we were young.

Read the article on the first page...LOLL@their decision of killing Charming and then deciding against it seeing the 'female' reaction. Waise I guess the way they have twisted the fairy tales...it has a lot to do with the fact that these are guys...loll..

This Captain Hook seems to be an interesting addition...maybe Emma's future love interest if he's going to be a regular.
AreYaar thumbnail
Did you even read through the pages, Mash? LOL Hook is being largely speculated to be Henry's father and very very much likely to be Emma's love interest...they'll deffo hook him up with Emma no doubt...but it remains to be seen if he's really Henry's father.
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL poor RumpleπŸ˜†

"How about that? Your pleases have lost their punch."

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Anu...just did. Arey how can he be Henry's father...if he'll be Emma's future love interest he has to be there in the FTL where as Henry's father is supposed to be in the real world...and not even in Storybrooke. Andd if he was in the real world to have had been involved with Emma then...and in FTL presently...then he may play a key role in finding them a portal b/w these worlds...
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

Anu...just did. Arey how can he be Henry's father...if he'll be Emma's future love interest he has to be there in the FTL where as Henry's father is supposed to be in the real world...and not even in Storybrooke. Andd if he was in the real world to have had been involved with Emma then...and in FTL presently...then he may play a key role in finding them a portal b/w these worlds...

There are no LIMITATIONS, Mash...these characters have magic, move through time...anything is possible...it's very much possible that Hook was there in the real world for a bit and can jump b/w worlds just like Jefferson could...he could have escaped the curse somehow too...the possiblities are endless if they do indeed want to make him Henry's father.

A love interest they will deffo make him for Emma...the rest remains to be seen...like Amy said, they will reveal Henry's father in epi 6.

I want to see more of Jefferson...I think he has interesting history with both Regina and Rumple too since he has that magic Hat.