Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neag thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
still there is a mystry going on...i'm so confused why Khushi is not giving the answers to Arnav's Qs...?
fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely update. Why am I feeling that Ashok is somehow related to Rana?
udaymanyata07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
👏👏loved it...awesome👏👏
dazzling_glory thumbnail
Update was very nice
Khushi needs to share her past with arnav, because he will calm down only after  hearing her side of the story.
Hope that khushi and arnav will not get into a fight again
continue soon
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
waiting for the next update eagerly..😊
aquagal thumbnail
nice update... Why Arnav fixed marriage after one month.. they should do it asap
luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Omg this is an amazing ff... read it in one go... please update...
Loved the way u write ... very interesting ... n lots of twist :)

dishashah4176 thumbnail
ooops too much to try patching up someone poor sid bt hez a fun to read character nice update plz update soon
dishashah4176 thumbnail
nice update plz update nxt soon
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

From the Author's desk- I have been facing some internet connectivity problems... its annoying me really- getting on and off.. By the way, the next update is here... Hope you all will like it... We are almost there... at the end of the FF... so hold on until the story picks up speed in a couple or more updates.

Happy reading and thanks for all your lovely comments...

Part 53

As Kushi reached the stairs, she could hear Arnav and Sid arguing with eachother.

"I dont understand why you would ask for a month's time for your wedding.. Don't you know that you would have to get into a marital bond before you turn 30?"

"I don't want to get into a wedding just because of a will which says that I would be eligible then for wealth defined by it or the stupid title which comes along with it"

"For the heck of it, we all know that you are not marrying for that sake...You both are in love with eachother are'nt you? I bet if you hadnt known about the will you would have been ready to marry her again this afternoon! What is the issue now?"

"Kushi" La called out distrcting both the men as she noticed her standing at the entrance of the room.

"Oh.. Kushi.. Make him understand... I dont believe this.. after all those things we went through... after all the strugles, finally he decides to not marry you in time" Sid spoke urgently.

Kushi didnt reply but kept looking at Arnav who was also staring at her, as if daring her to come up and speak to him. Sid turned to Arnav again

"Tell us one valid reason for deciding to get married after a month"

"How about... this is my wedding and I decide when to marry?"

"Arnav.. this is not something to decide whose ego won... we all strived to reach up till here... So many of us almost lost our lives- La, Kushi, Aman, Myself, Shyam, Gayathri...and many others, who risked their lives  to spy for us..."

"All for nothing" said Arnav shocking every one in the room

"your wife stayed away from you for almost two years... Shyam struggled for 10 years... Gayathri had been watching for your safety and  planning stuff so that you will get the title for almost 15 years now. All for nothing?" Sid was angry

"Yes all for nothing" Arnav shouted back "Dont expect me to react emotionally or get hyperactive for something that I didnt even think about until last night or for that matter informed only 8 hours before!"

"Even if you come to know that your father was cheated, your family was betrayed,   He planned everything- that Rana.. would you rather he takes all that and gets what was due to you? dont you want to do it for the family?"

"No" Arnav told shruging non-chalently. " I dont understand why there was a need to keep me away from this secret from me all these years if it was so important. I simply dont appreciate it -neither the secret-nor the monarch - nor the title- nor the property. I dont give a damn to any of this- I threw it all away 15 years back along with my surname."

"Dont you want to avenge for your parent's death?- He was responsible Arnav- it was his game."

"Sid-" Kushi called out, trying to stop him as she knew, Arnav's non-chalence would now fly away out the window now, that Sid has brought in his parents.

"I have always maintained that my father brought about my mother's death and he killed himself because of guilt-I still maintain the same stand- No one else is responsible! " Arnav shouted as he knocked off a vase which went flying to another corner of the room  "and I would appreciate if you dont talk about them"

"Arnav I dont get this" Sid shook his head rejectedly "What do you want to prove by pushing away all this effort that we all put in?"

"Dont you Sid" Arnav asked menacingly calmly and paused before he came near Sid

"I believe that what ever you people did was meaningless... and pointless.." Arnav said cynically " What ever convinced her that this seperation would save my life was worthless..." he continued as he pointed his finger at Kushi "What ever Shyam went through or is going through is an empty game...  If Rana wants it.. Let him take it.. I cant care less. I dont need it!"

He threw a stealy cold stare across all of them in the room, his gaze lingering for a while on his wife's face before he went strode out of the room.

Sid sat down at the recliner, with his hands supporting his head, La went and sat near him

"What do we do now?" She asked looking at Kushi

Kushi shook her head

"I didnt expect this Kushi.." Sid admitted truthfully "But if what he says is what he feels truthfully... then we are all playing something that is not even a game...I mean... you get the picture right? its like playing a game to lose it-"

"I know" Kushi told him "But I think.. He is not entirely truthful about what he told right now, He spoke out in anger, and when he does that, he usually regrets later."

"So you think, all is not lost?"

"I dont know.. But What he said last, tells me that he is still angry with me about the seperation and he is not convinced that Shyam's explanations have justified my actions. "

"I can speak to him if thinks so Kushi. I mean, if he thinks he was the only one who suffered because of this seperation..then-"

"No, I dont think he thinks that- But now I know he thinks the whole idea is hallow." Kushi told her friends, biting her lips thinking for a moment "And besides, this is something between us Sid, I think you both should stay away from this. I know I am sounding rude.. but I dont intend to...it is better this way"

"But Kushi" La started before she was interupted by Kushi again

"No Lavanya, I am serious, I think it would be less messy if you both stay away this time, I will solve this by myself"

Sid stormed out of the angrily or rejectedly - Kushi couldnt say, But couldnt help it... and she let it be, she knew this was for the better, Lavanya came near her and gave a quick hug, giving her the warmth of a friendly understanding, for which Kushi was grateful for.

"Dont worry about Sid, he will cool down... you go and talk to Arnav first, we are running out of time..."

"Shyam Sab, this is highly confidential data, I will lose my job if this ever comes out" Mithun Goel from a private mobile and tele communications company told Shyam as he handed a thumbdrive to Shyam.

"Dont worry Goel Sab, If it ever comes out, Tell them, it was for an investigation, I will back you up"

"Yeah. but you know even for investigation, there should be proper forms filled and application entries done"

"I didnt want to do that... the evidences can tip off the person I am after"

Shyam bid goodbye to Mr.Goel as he secured the thubdrive into his pocket and entered into the driver's seat of his car

A little further away, a man dressed in a black pullover, called up someone on his mobile.

"Boss, the bomb is fixed in Shyam's vehicle."

"-------"

"Yes boss once the person crosses 40 km/hr speed, it will get the timer on, it will blast in 15 minutes after the trigger goes off. With a traffic like this, it is impossible for him to reach anywhere if he wants to...only place he will reach at the end of this travel is mortuary"

"-----"

"you are right Boss, nothing of his body would remain to take to the mortuary

"------"

"yes boss... will call you after the bomb goes off, I will still follow him at a safe distance."

It was peak hour and the traffic was slow. Shyam got stuck in traffic jam soon after, the roadblock looked messy enough. Not wanting to waste time, Shyam quickly opened up his laptop and plugged in the thumb drive and internet dongle into it.

A file opened up showing the communications and phonecalls to Rana's unlisted mobile number. Goel had told that only the numbers from which the call details had gone to that number can be given, the location from where the calls had originated cannot be given as that data is protected and to get it out could be a give away.
Shyam soon found it would be really difficult to get the number of the person who was giving Rana information about RM, just as he came across two consecutive calls which was curiously made to Rana at 12.33 and 10 past 2 in the midnight from two different numbers. Shyam noted it was about the same time he was there at RM. Curiously the first call had been on for almost 1 and a half hours and also the second call had been made just after he had left.

There was a good chance that this was the number used by the person who was passing on information to Rana -- or was it two people? or the same person using two numbers?, Shyam decided and also with little regret admitted to himself, that the duration of the first call could also mean that the person has been promptly doing a live relay of what they had been talking. He also remembered the security guard saying he came over to see as there was some noise. Was it this person who drew the security guard's attention? or was the security guard himself a culprit?  was this person hiding right there when they all decided to disperse?

If thats so, then Rana would know that Shyam is a cop, there goes the surprise element.. he thought, He had planned to keep that under wrap until the point when he planned Rana's arrest. All of a sudden, he gave a jerk, realising that Rana would also know that Arnav has come to know about Rana's plans
"Oh Shit.. He knows that Arnav is in the game now.. and that is not a good sign..."

Shyam sweared loudly thinking about this fact when his mobile rang, He flapped his mobile to see Sid's name flashing across in the screen

"Hello Sid, "

"Hello Mate...where are you ? good time to talk?"

"Stuck up in a traffic jam.. looks like it will take sometime to get cleared... how are things there? "

"oh..things cant get any better,Arnav denies to get married within two weeks... its all getting so easy for us now" Sid informed Shyam sarcastically.

To be continued...

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago