Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SOTY MOVIE DISCUSSION ONLY THREAD! (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 110

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

Originally posted by chocolover89

If Ram Kapoor was 15 year younger and thinner...or got the opportunities that he got now back then I'm 100% sure he would have been another SRK success story from TV.

All the neoptism in Bollywood is our loss really. Neoptism results in one successful Ranbir. Whereas merit would have resulted in 10 SRKs.

Definitely. We give the star kids 10 films to show us they can give 3 expressions but in those 10 films, someone could become a superstar simply because they're super talented. The difference between Ranbir and the others is that Ranbir actually wanted to be an actor, the others think it's their birthright to be one because they have a famous mom/dad. Sleepy

Anyways, hope these 3 newcomers are atleast somewhat talented. I'm tired of watching the wooden sticks.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36chhavi222sub_rosaRockChicGirl-SalShah4eva-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SOTY MOVIE DISCUSSION ONLY THREAD! (Page 9)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -ksh-

If Ram Kapoor was 15 year younger and thinner...or got the opportunities that he got now back then I'm 100% sure he would have been another SRK success story from TV.

All the neoptism in Bollywood is our loss really. Neoptism results in one successful Ranbir. Whereas merit would have resulted in 10 SRKs.

Definitely. We give the star kids 10 films to show us they can give 3 expressions but in those 10 films, someone could become a superstar simply because they're super talented. The difference between Ranbir and the others is that Ranbir actually wanted to be an actor, the others think it's their birthright to be one because they have a famous mom/dad. Sleepy

Anyways, hope these 3 newcomers are atleast somewhat talented. I'm tired of watching the wooden sticks.

So glad to see a Ram Kapoor fan around! I thought I was the only one in love with him!LOL Met him a couple of months back in Singapore (I think he had come for a family holiday) and he was so effing charming!Embarrassed Incredibly down to earth and cheerful and I think he was more shocked than I was on seeing his fan following in Singapore...everyone from Phillipino domestic helpers to Malaysian housewifes were lining up to take his autograph!Shocked

Shreya, totally agree with you on the whole star kid vs outsider issue! I really don't care about SRK's acting abilities, but he ranks very high for him as a person who has made it to the top league all by himself...he is one of those rare breeds of bollywood stars, who have made their mark in the industry despite being the proverbial 'outsiders'!

Am sick and tired of these three too...acutally am sick and tired of Karan Johar type of glossies...espeically in a year, which has showcased some of the best and most realistic films that bollywood has made in years! This is the year of Vicky Donor, Kahaani, English Vinglish, Barfi, GOW and other such films...small budgets but great ideas...great actors and not just mere stars...strong scripts not just hogwash in the name of story!

I really hope SOTY has something passable about it and is not banking on just showing great sets, dazzling costumes and three artificially good-looking kids!

Edited by poppy2009 - 18 October 2012 at 2:04am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa-Kruti.S-oblivious.chocolover89RockChicGirlibelieveinpink-SalShah4eva-

srkat

Goldie

srkat

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
*sigh* I really wish there was a way people could post spoiler warnings. I came on this thread to read feedback for the film, and ended up having to read who gets the trophy at the end...kinda ruins the movie when you find out who's going to win the trophy. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chatpati900

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 2:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

So glad to see a Ram Kapoor fan around! I thought I was the only one in love with him!LOL Met him a couple of months back in Singapore (I think he had come for a family holiday) and he was so effing charming!Embarrassed Incredibly down to earth and cheerful and I think he was more shocked than I was on seeing his fan following in Singapore...everyone from Phillipino domestic helpers to Malaysian housewifes were lining up to take his autograph!Shocked

Shreya, totally agree with you on the whole star kid vs outsider issue! I really don't care about SRK's acting abilities, but he ranks very high for him as a person who has made it to the top league all by himself...he is one of those rare breeds of bollywood stars, who have made their mark in the industry despite being the proverbial 'outsiders'!

Am sick and tired of these three too...acutally am sick and tired of Karan Johar type of glossies...espeically in a year, which has showcased some of the best and most realistic films that bollywood has made in years! This is the year of Vicky Donor, Kahaani, English Vinglish, Barfi, GOW and other such films...small budgets but great ideas...great actors and not just mere stars...strong scripts not just hogwash in the name of story!

I really hope SOTY has something passable about it and is not banking on just showing great sets, dazzling costumes and three artificially good-looking kids!

Oh naaah lol. Golu uncle has many many fans LOL His fan following has only been rising since Kasamh Se days...it's cute that he doesn't realize how popular he really is LOL

Aww poppy you're so lucky that you got to meet him! He certainly seems like a charmer from what I've seen..see this is why I say that, barring the age and weight barrier, Ram Kapoor has all the ingredients to be a super successful BW actor. He's a great actor, has solid screen presence, and is super charming and witty to boot. I genuinely feel like he's the only current TV actor who could really make it in commercial BW...if only BW was not so ageist for "newcomers." Sigh. I hope he gets many more great opportunities. He definitely deserves them.

@bold LOL this is KJo returning to what he does best ie gloss, gloss, and more gloss. LOL I wouldn't expect anything else really..LOL

Edited by chocolover89 - 18 October 2012 at 2:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

oblivious.RockChicGirl

music_masti

Goldie

music_masti

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 4:22am | IP Logged
student of the year competitions..is only for boys...

boys cycling...boys swimming...boys study...and boys arts song and dance with a girl...

that tooo in a mixed school...

....Poojie....

IF-Stunnerz

....Poojie....

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Will The Hype Work For Student Of The Year

Thursday 18th October 2012 10.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Student Of The Year has huge had publicity over the last two weeks and it will be interesting if the hype translates into box office numbers.

It is likely that in places where extra awareness creates extra footfalls the opening will be better but where its all about face value it will it find it hard initially.

There are times when music counteracts the fact there are no big stars in a film but it only works for smaller films as openings don't have to reach high levels.

The last time a film was in a similar positioned film released was Saawariya in 2007 and that film opened very well although it crashed afterwards. The difference was that Saawariya was the launch of Rishi Kapoor's son and had Salman Khan in the film whereas Student of The Year has no star son or big supporting star.

The hype created around Student Of The Year will give the film a chance at the box office as without it the opening could have been so low that a film of its budget would have had no chance. Here it looks like certain multiplexes across the country will collect well on day one with the key being how much it grows on Saturday and can multiplexes outside the metros and A centres contribute well over the weekend.

New_nova

IF-Rockerz

New_nova

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged

I still wait for other critics review. This Aadarsh I don't believe him. He gives rating like someone is giving Prasad.

-koiza-

IF-Sizzlerz

-koiza-

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 5:25am | IP Logged
'Student Of The Year' to Take a Fine Opening Box Office Predictions
October 18th, 2012 by Joginder Tuteja

Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan starrer Student Of The Year Movie Poster

14 years after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Karan Johar is back to a campus affair. The film has been in news ever since it was launched and though it has taken some time to reach the finishing line, the filmmaker and his 'students' have made sure that there has been good enough buzz and curiosity created around it's release for last 6 weeks at the least. Vishal-Shekhar's music has already turned popular and with the trio of Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt slowly but steadily making it's way into audience heart and mind, one expects the film to find good attention coming it's way.

Though one doesn't quite foresee a bumper cent percent beginning, it is expected that a 50%-60% opening is pretty much on the cards for Student Of The Year and there should be good jump in collections once the word of mouth spreads. In fact in certain metros and premium multiplexes (where the film's young target audience also resides), it could even take an upward of 80% collections.

The film also benefits from the fact that last week has seen a complete drought in arrival of any good movie and while OMG Oh My God! and English Vinglish are also doing well, there are enough screens out there waiting for a quintessential Bollywood flick to arrive in a big way and make it's presence felt. It would be surprising if 'Student of the Year' doesn't do the trick.

Meanwhile Nikhil Advani's animation film Delhi Safari is also releasing on the same day and the makers have basically taken support from social networking to promote the film. Ready for quite some time, it has seen good appreciation coming its way via dozens of screenings that have already taken place so far. Though one can't expect substantial opening for the film that has quite a few prominent Bollywood actors dubbing for it, it may just end up being a surprise release of the season if children catch fancy to it this festive season.

None of that can be expected from Janleva 555 though which is arriving out of nowhere and can't be expected to fetch even an all-India release.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top