Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Excellent writing. Perhaps this is the first SS I came across which give Anandi's POV.
You rightly catch the fear of Anandi, the fear for rejection ... yet again. That's the reason she is holding back.

AryaS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Excellent Uma.

That was a remarkable piece of writing. Loved your style...reading through Anandi's thoughts. I so wish we get to know about Anandi's thoughts in the show too one day.  And loved your take on Anand's realization. Waiting for the confession part now.

Thanks for writing this one. Do write more of them.

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

CONFESSION

As Shiv came near me, he enquired, "Anandi'"., You are here''?!... Was worried as to where you have disappeared all of a sudden..!"

I composed myself and replied.,"Yeah..'Just that I thought I'll come out into the garden for a bit.,I'am sorry I haven't informed you'"...

Scanning my face., he replied', "That's alright", "You look flustered'...any thing's the matter'.?"

"Nothing as such'...Can we just go for a stroll in the garden'?"... I blurted.

"Sure,..Why not'!" ...Shiv replied in affirmation'.and started to slowly walk with me...

I was not quite sure what had prompted me to invite Shiv for a stroll . 'although the crisp, fresh  air is exactly what I needed, even if it is likely to mean a few awkward silences between both of us.

But today the lack of conversation is comfortable.  The silence today is a comforting one.

The wind ruffled through the trees and sent a shower of dried  leaves drifting towards us'... As the leaves passed overhead , I  instinctively made a grab for one, as I'd done since I was a little girl,.. Alas., I missed.

Shiv gave a curious look at my sudden lunge and I stopped short, blushing and a bit embarrassed.

I blurted out meekly,.."they say if you catch one before it hits the ground your wish will come true."

"Oh," Shiv said, "alright then."... He sighted a leaf drifting in the wind, lunged at it'and caught it deftly with his large hand.

"I've got it now."'...He said grinning.

I  was suddenly very aware that we were no longer walking and that somehow Shiv is standing quite close to me. He reached out and took my hand., the dry leaf crumbled between our palms. He leaned closer.,our cheeks are almost touching.

"Do you s'pose I'll truly get my wish?" he whispered, and without waiting for an answer he closed the last tiny gap between us to kiss me softly on my lips. The feeling whirled around me like the leaves in the breeze, and I felt myself falling into it, forgetting for a blessed moment what it meant.

The moment ended much too quickly. I knew now that I should adopt my teacher's voice and admonish him, remind him of all the reasons why this couldn't happen here and now.

But I felt his hand on mine, and the leaf, his wish' in the middle, and I couldn't bear to be the one to make it end and let the leaf fall to the ground. So I stood there, eyes closed, resting my forehead against his, trying to cement every piece of this moment to my memory.

Not that we have verbalized anything yet. There were no promises, no admissions of love, no whispering sweet nothings to one another. Not yet at least. But then., Is there any need for all those '?

I  smiled to myself on this thought and knowing Shiv too would be feeling the same at the moment...

The silence was broken by a loud bang from above; instinctively we both startled, Shiv pulling me a little bit more towards himself to cover me, before we looked up.

And there was Mahi, peering from the upstairs window above us, having slammed open the window shutters. We  were standing right under the window'...!! !

We both stiffened for a moment, squinting into the late afternoon sunlight, trying to see his reaction.

We could just make out Mahi's  face in the window' and could see he was grinning. He put his hands to his mouth and said rather loudly.., "It's about  time!"

He seemed to be finished with the assessment, as he then slammed the window shut. I could feel myself blushing severely, and my attention turned quickly to the fact that Shiv's arms were still gripped about my waist from his attempt to protect me from the imagined danger. He seemed to have noticed this as well, and nervously pulled them back.

"Do'you think that was our call to get back to the family?" he asked quietly.

I  looked up at him standing in front of me with his hands shoved in his pockets. I  took each of his hands in each  of mine and pulled his arms back around me, settling comfortably against his chest and leaning my forehead on his chin.

"Not a chance," I said, "I've still got wishes to catch."

"Anandi," he said chidingly with a hint of lopsided smile, "I don't think you're going to be needing any leaves for those."

"Yes'Indeed..! " I said., smiling blissfully' ...

With a smile on my face and a song in my heart...I walked with him hand in hand...towards the place...I'll soon call MY HOME...

FINISH.

My Note :

At that moment if Anandi's overwhelming emotions for her wonderful man., can be woven into words'her heart would surely sing'

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were content to let me shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,

while you were the one with all the strength.

A beautiful face, ,without a name for so long.

A beautiful smile, to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings. 

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

I would be nothing without you. 

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

I could fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings. 

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

You're everything, everything I wish I could be.

Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,

'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.

You,  you, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.

Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings. 

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,

so high I almost touch the sky.

Thank you, thank you,

Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

****************************************************************************************************************

Thank You... Gina...for gifting a song for my story'...😳

FEED BACK in any form is always WELCOME'...πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by adi2512 - 11 years ago
roberoi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: adi2512

Gina., Prati., Khushi., Piya., Vasanthi., and all..

Very happy...that u could u/stand my POV of anandi...
Tks for ur appreciation...πŸ˜ƒ

@roberoi.,

Those are the most beautiful words any one has ever said to me...I'am indeed humbled...though I would like to say...I'am not as mahaan as Anandi...πŸ˜ƒ

Ab aur kya kahoon...as I said u r really into Anandi and to be there you have to be as nice or Mahaan as you put it as her...a natural phenomenon I would say...I have become your fan...thank you for humbling us...Have a great day!
AryaS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Superb...Uma.

True...Sometimes silence speak more than words.

Will those words be enough to express what they feel for each other?  Their love for each other is so pure and profound, that no words are needed to express it.
adi2512 thumbnail
Originally posted by: roberoi

Ab aur kya kahoon...as I said u r really into Anandi and to be there you have to be as nice or Mahaan as you put it as her...a natural phenomenon I would say...I have become your fan...thank you for humbling us...Have a great day!

Sangeeta.,

You did not tell me...whether or not,  u have liked the final part...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
adi2512 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AryaS

Superb...Uma.

True...Sometimes silence speak more than words.

Will those words be enough to express what they feel for each other?  Their love for each other is so pure and profound, that no words are needed to express it.

Thank You...Arya...for the appreciation as well as understanding MY POV regarding their confession...πŸ˜ƒ
itsRitzi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
wow  u totally mesmerized me with this piece the setting the connection of leaf is so beautiful loved it toatllyπŸ‘
VerboseG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Uma... Just wow!

And thank you for the citation...

Though I did nothing much really, it just popped up in my mind while reading part 1...

Edited by VerboseG - 11 years ago
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful πŸ˜Š -- so Anshish!!!!!!