Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

prettyguria

IF-Dazzler

prettyguria

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged

img323/3908/1151933716776250ma.gif

Discuss your favorite Pakistani songs and artists on this thread.

Some questions for you to get started:

1) Your favorite artist and song

2) How long have you been listening to them?

3) What makes them so good/unique?

4) Do you have any information, which we might not know about them and is interesting?

5) When was the band established?

6) Could you provide a picture of them?

7) List their albums, and biography (provide the link)

8) Any comments you would like to share on them?

9) Overall, what would you rate them frm scaling 1- 10, 10 the highest, 1 the lowest?

10) If there was one thing to change abt  them, what would you change, and why?

Edited by prettyguria - 03 July 2006 at 7:54am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pakistani Songs Fan Club" in Music Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Reema_J

IF-Sizzlerz

Reema_J

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Hi, great to see this thread!

Well, I know that you've posted some questions for us, and though I am Paki, I don't really listen to a lot of the music from there! Confused

I do like Atif Aslam now, and I saw the original Woh Lamhe on TV and it was very nice! Smile

Personally, I like Junaid Jamshed's song:

Jaana, yeh kaisa jaadu hai
Dil pe jo tune hai kiya...

I have loved this song for a long time, it is pretty old now! Embarrassed

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prettyguria

img323/3908/1151933716776250ma.gif

Discuss your favorite Pakistani songs and artists on this thread.

Some questions for you to get started:

1) Your favorite artist and song

I have so many but theze dayz I like Atif n Jal alot n the song Adat n Teri YaddBig smileEmbarrassed n Maana Bikhera Hoon but my all time fav iz Abrar n ShehzadEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

2) How long have you been listening to them?

4m a long timeLOLLOLEmbarrassed

3) What makes them so good/unique?

I don't kow their voice n thier songzLOL

4) Do you have any information, which we might not know about them and is interesting?may b I don't know wat u guyz know about them n wat u guyz don't EmbarrassedWink

5) When was the band established?hmmmmm

6) Could you provide a picture of them?sure I would luv 2 u can c Atif in my siggyLOLWink j/k I will post thier pix

7) List their albums, and biography (provide the link)

8) Any comments you would like to share on them?they r the best Embarrassed

9) Overall, what would you rate them frm scaling 1- 10, 10 the highest, 1 the lowest?9

10) If there was one thing to change abt  them, what would you change, and why?I will bring Atif n Jal 2gether bcoz they look good 2gther

hey thnx alot 4 opening Pakistani Fanclub

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:03pm | IP Logged

Atif Aslam 

Mini biography
Atif Aslam is a Pakistani musician. He was born in Wazirabad, Gujranwala, Punjab, pakistan and educated in Lahore and Rawalpindi.

Working together, the pair recorded the song Aadat. It became popular on different musical websites in Pakistan. The song was also played on such Pakistani radio stations as FM100 and FM105. The music video for Aadat was shot one day in a warehouse in Karachi. Due to personal problems in the band, Atif Aslam left Jal and became solo.

Atif Aslam's soulful voice crossed the Pakistani border and reached India when Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt called Atif Aslam to seek his consent to put "Woh Lamhey" as a song in the soundrack of his new motion picture, Zeher. After that, Atif Aslam's music spread across to people and radio stations that play it all over the subcontinent now.

*www.imdb.com*

Edited by simal01 - 03 July 2006 at 4:07pm

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:13pm | IP Logged

img172/986/114pw.jpg
As da name ATIF ASLAM gets familiar it continues to enlighten,cogitaten provoke people n many young hearted fans tht r devoted to him,to dwell on his renowned artistry n unorthodox presence.The more u listen 2 him da more we want 2 hear him n not only about his major contribution 2 the WORLD OF MUSIK but also his personal hardships n successes which made him what he is 2day

This is the biography of the person u respect more(if u know MUSIC),the biography of the voice of ADDAT.
This young lad currently aged 21 was born on 12th march1983 in WAZIRABAD,Gujranwala,a fertile land tht has given birth to lot of renowned personalitiesof PAK especially MUNNO BHAI n ATAUL HAQ QASMI n amongst them an amateur artist ATIF himself.
ATIF's kindergarten began at KIMBERLAY HALL SCHOOL in Lahore.He was a cute n was every teacher's favorite ideal student who topped his class ever since he stepped into school.His toys included a small bat n some cars 2 play wdh.He had to face his first stage fright in 1st grade at fancy dress show where kids dressed up like the persons they want to be n he dressed up like da legendary IMRAN KHAN.Frm tht point CRICKET became his passionate game n his fast growing obsession.He never got xausted while playing CRICKET.At tht age he was not aware of MUSIKn he moved on, dreaming of becoming one of PAKISTANI leading right arm fast bowler.
At the age of 9 in 1991 ATIF n his family moved 2 RAWALPINDI where he continued his education at St.PAULS school,he started leading school cricket team for various matches in city n turned 2 b an xceptional player.He was a talented athlete but his ongoing passion for CRICKET was his favorite sport at its peak.He practiced many hours in a day thts y his education was badly affected.He completed his 10 by passing marks n then they returned 2 LAHORE .He gained a lot of popularity in the matches which were held in RAMADAN NIGHTS.
His attentions were diverting frm education n he was no more da best student of his class.ATIF commenced his higher education frm PAF COLL.again representing his kol. cricket team.PAF got great memories frm ATIF.All of his friends used 2 tease the koll.girls like other boys but some how he was a famous guy among GIRLS b/c of cricket.
At tht point he has no interest in MUSIK his elder BRO has collection of more then 7000 songs intro him 2 all genres of musik.Unconciously he developed a taste of musik n quitly started to sing around among st his friends n family members.He had good control over his voice.
NUSRAT FATEH ALI KHAN n KISHORE gi were an inspiration for him.Therefore one day he was singing the song of KISHORE KUMAR in an empty room.As the voice was bouncing back to him,he was enjoying n tht gives him more energy.Then later on first twist came when in 1998 at PAF,ATIF's frinds forced n encouraged him to participate in a singing competetion on an INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION FUNCTION.Later on ATIF performed there and the people there were astonished by his voice n they didn't think tht this boy will be the next voice of PAKISTAN.
After HSC he got admission in PICS(Pakistan Institute of Computer Science) n at tht time he had to control on three thing his education,dying CRICKET craze n an emerging talent of MUSIK.Again his singing was put at test at his KOLL.singing competetion,whch consisted of 8 participants.He sang DUUR of STRINGS n the people gathered there were again shocked frm this emerging talent of PAKISTAN n beyond any shadow of doubt he was the winner tht night.He was becoming one of the famous student as he was winning various SINGING COMPETETIONS.
During his koll.years he met with GOHER MUMTAZ who possessed a nice personality n he is also a gem of PAK.He was a very talented GUITARIST n then they decide to make duo.
One day they wre sitting on the koll.steps n then they composed the song ADDAT.Then they recorded this song n then they made the band JAL whch meant by WATER in urdu .The main theme behind this band was tht the WATER is an essential source of living.
JAL registered their website n upload thier song on web.The download counter showed some amzing results.UMAR ANWAR during the stage offered him to make the VIDEO of ADDAT.His famaily n thier friends were xpecting this song to have goood response on air but they were wrong as this song was the soooper dooper hit n it broke the records of JUNOOON,STRINGS for being no.1 for many weeks.After some clahses wdh GOHER(on the basis of MUSIK)he broke the band n released his first SOLO ALBUM called as JAL PARI.This was the most selling album of 2004 in PAKISTAN n still is a major sell out in all stores.
By the grace of GOD our star ATIF has achieved a lot in his very short span of his career.He has a long way to go n we wish him the best of his luck n health.There is a SHAER of SHAIR-e-MASHRIQ(poet of EAST)Allama Iqbal,whch is apptly right n fit for ATIF ASLAM

"Sitaroon se agay jahan aur bhi hain,
Abhi ishq kai imtehaan aur bhi hain"

*h3o.info*

Edited by simal01 - 03 July 2006 at 4:16pm

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:18pm | IP Logged

Name: Abrar-ul-Haq. img172/579/3big0xy.jpg
Education: Master In Social Studies.
Hobbies: Music, Cricket, Badminton.
Favorites: Color: Blue, Food: Chicken Roast.
Fav.Singer: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
D.O.B.: 21st July.

Abrar-ul-Haq is an explosive Pakistani pop Bhangra and Folk artist and one of Punjab's greatest assets in the modern age of music. He's an exceptionally talented songwriter, creator of memorious catchy melodies enhanced by his mature vocals. He has mastered his unique style of light lyrics of bhangra style that can bring a smile to any person. Apart from bhangra Abrar has another phase of Spirituality that can be felt in songs like Rang Rang etc.

This Billo Day Ghar Banda was born in Faisalabad, with initial schooling in Gujrat and Rawalpind. He graduated from Sir Syed College Rawalpindi and completed his Masters in social sciences from Quad-i-Azam University. He took up legalities at Punjab Law College, and finally joined Aitcheson College's permanent faculty in 1996. According to Abrar...

"That was the Proudest day of my life".

Abrar states " I was very secure in my formative years because of the tremendous love and support my parents gave me. I always idolized my father but my mother was my main anchor in my life. Her tremendous encouragement and faith in me was the driving force behind everything I did. I could talk every thing with her and therefore it was with with great pride that I went and presented her my appointment letter. She held me close and said "I knew that you will get this job, I prayed for you"".

About singing he quotes "I was always fond of singing. While studying in Islamabad I organized fund raising concerts. I still remember trying to sell the tickets of my functions. I use to tell the people that there is an excellent singer who will perform at this concert. I am sure that they use to be surprised at seeing me on the stage. However, It never bothered me, as the money I collected from these concerts would go to help the needy students. When I joined as teacher in Aitcheson, I could not get over my love for singing and it was here that I composed my song "Billo Day Ghar". My popularity as a singer grew, but I always looked for approval from my mother. No success was complete till my mother approved. I was really my mother's boy."

Abrar-ul-Haq has immensely come to age as a popular pop bhangra singer. His every album has brought about massive hits that topped the charts. From "Billo Day Ghar" to "Majajni", "Bay Ja Cycle Tay" to "Punjabi Touch", every thing was on people's lips.

Albums by Abrar-ul-Haq:

Billo De Ghar (1995)

Majajani (1997)

Bay Ja Cycle Tay (2000)

Assan Jana Mall-O-Mall (2002)

Nachan Main Auday Naal (2004)

"Assan Jana Mall-O-Mall" is the newest Abrar album. This album promises to be another mega hit that contains the typical Abrar style of Punjabi Bhangra with pop. 'Punjabi Touch' is growing in popularity which came under criticism from punjabi circles due to the line "Nach Punjaban Nach". With help from a well known personality Abrar rightly changed his song to "Nach Majajan Nach". 'Asaan Jana Mall-O-Mall' is the title track and rightly so, one finds himself tapping his feat to the funky beat and melody. "Rondeyaan Nain" is a touchy number and plays a pert of change. Sufi touch is found in "Rang Rang". "Preeto" is another number that is growing in popularity across the country, with its humorous lyrics and a unique laughter. Don't miss the awesome videos of "Punjabi Touch" and "Preeto".

Abrar is here and he is growing and reaching new grounds. from Billo to majajni, from G.T.

*abraronline.com*

Edited by simal01 - 03 July 2006 at 4:20pm

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01

Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

I couldn't find the biograpgy of Shehzad Roy I m trying but here iz hiz pic

img144/5932/untitled1ty1.png

Edited by simal01 - 03 July 2006 at 4:24pm

simal01

IF-Dazzler

simal01