Navratri thread: Ma Durga Information - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Thank you so much Nandini.  I will share this information with my son too.
thanx  a tonnn... nandini...

superb collection of information... thanx a lott for sharing information about importance of navratri...

may god bless you... 

happy navratri!!!...

😊

hey can u temme... where is the information abt importance of day 1 of navratri??
Thanks @nandiniraizaada. Informations are very useful and beautifully  written. will be waiting for your next update on SkandaMata.
But I have a doubt-Isn't Kushmand means pumpkin(in bengal it is called 'Kumra')? and ma Kushmanda also likes this vegetable so it is sacrificed during her puja.
Originally posted by mrmrfrevr

Thanks @nandiniraizaada. Informations are very useful and beautifully  written. will be waiting for your next update on SkandaMata.
But I have a doubt-Isn't Kushmand means pumpkin(in bengal it is called 'Kumra')? and ma Kushmanda also likes this vegetable so it is sacrificed during her puja.

there are many variations to these stories dear but this one is the most common😊''
thats the beauty of our mythology we get so many varied stories

Pahali Shailputri Kahaleye
Dusri Bramhacharini Manbhaye
Teesri Chandraghanta Shubhnaam
Chouthi Kushmands sukhdhaam
Panchvi Devi Skanda Mata

The fifth manifestation of Devi Durga is known as Maa Skandamata. She is fifth among Nava Durgas, thats why she is worshiped on the fifth Navratri. Devi Maa is the mother of Kumara Skanda or Kumara Kartikeya also called Lord Murugan in south India. Kumar Skanda was chosen by Gods as their commander in "Deva-Sura Sangram" (the war of gods & demons) against the demons. Lord Murugan's glory has been narrated in the Puranas and he is referred to as Kumara and Saktidhar. His vehicle being peacock he is also called Mayuravahana.

Maa Skandamata - Fifth Manifestation of Devi Durga

Thus being the mother of Skanda she is Skandamata. Worshipping Skandamata has on the fifth day of Navaratra has very iportacefor Yogis & Sadhaks . This day devotee's mind reaches Visuddha Cakra and stays therein. In her image the Lord Skanda in his infant form is always found. She holds him in her lap.

Using a lion as a vehicle, Mother Goddess has four arms & three eyes. She holds Lord Skanda in her right upper arm and a lotus flower in her right lower hand, which is slightly raised upward. The left upper arm is in a pose to grant boon and in left lower hand, which is raised, she again holds lotus. She is Golden color. She is seated on lotus flower so she is called Padmasana.

The scriptures are very eloquent in glorifying the fifth day of Navaratra period. As the mind of the aspirant, on this day, is in the Visuddha Cakra. So all his actions internal as well as external completely stop and the mind bereft of all thought-waves, is calm like a wave less ocean. It would be advancing towards the state of pure consciousness. It is completely submerged in the meditation of Mother Padmasana, quite devoid of worldly thoughts or coats of Maya. It is time when the aspirant should be most careful and cautious on the path of his Sadhana.

Devi Skanda Mata- Mother of Kartikeya , Mother of the Universe 

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago

Edited by Nandiniraizaada - 11 years ago
I am unable to find the mantra 

will update it later
Kya baat hai? Today no one has read?
Thanks a lot and sorry for late comment. It is very nice. I will be waiting for tomorrow eagerly for your new updates.