•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
"Hamari hugging shugging chalti rahti hai"

She is the mother of the most famous Gujju lass in town, and Vandana Pathak, takes pride in her special bond with her on-screen daughter, Poooja, in Ye Meri Life Hai (Shamma Sikander). "Arre we gelled with us from Day one. Hamari hugging shugging chalti rahti hai," says Vandana who tries to make her character look as realistic as possible. Her character as the typical gujju ma, who is dominated by her overbearing husband, is reminiscent of the Indian society at large. But although the character is submissive, Vandana is quick to point out that she is not like that in real life.

"The characters are very real. There is no melodrama. When Pooja wants to get married, Sudha (her character in the serial) advices her to continue studying….she is very practical and matter of fact, and that is how mothers should be…at least my mother is like that," says Vandana, who has two children of her own. She tells us that being a mother comes naturally to her, although she admits that she can be quite a nag sometimes! "My husband keeps telling me to stop nagging, and try being friends with my children.

But I can't seem to help it!" laughs Vandana. So what is she doing this mother's day, we ask --- "I am definitely taking my kids out to dinner. And I have a surprise lined up for my mother as well. My dad is out of town, so we are planning to go out together. So, the three generations of the Pathak parivaar will be out partying on mother's day….quite a sight it will be, we say!