Sushant's BW Debut #3 - Kai Po Che! Discuss HERE ONLY - Page 50

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by AshuNaik

Sushant Singh Rajput Replaces Ranbir Kapoor,
Shahid Kapoor for Peekay Movie!! -
UTVSTARS HD
Sushant Singh Rajput Replaces Ranbir Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor for Peekay Movie!! Raj Kumar Hirani thought that he should get a new comer for upcoming film with Aamir Khan and Anushka Sharma, Peekay. The lucky one happens to be Sushant Singh Rajput. He replaces Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor as the second lead!

www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=DvpgmR_i-Jg

ah ashu  love this one!  ""   lucky one sushant !!  ""  second lead ""
thanks ashu for sharing all the updates...
wowww sushant with zaheer khan...really looking forward to see them together😊

credit sneha😆

Comments

Bollywood Awaits Telly's Superstars ' Rajput, Sobti

Sushant Singh Rajput

BY STAFF REPORTER

Shah Rukh Khan might have done it. Vidya Balan might have triumphed, but for television stars to make their presence big in Bollywood and or even noticed is not easy.  With Vicky Donor, Ayushman Khurana had a hit on his hands. Some like Ronit Roy and Ram Kapoor have managed to juggle some roles with a large a TV presence.  And for all these stories, there are more stories of failures to make it in Bollywood and worse, being able to make a comeback on TV. Once they have won hearts living a screen character for weeks/months (and if lucky, may be years), the audience finds it very hard to accept them in any other role or character. Two of the biggest superstars of TV-Barun Sobti and Sushant Singh Rajput, are now trying their luck on the big screen.  Rajput has quit televison and Sobti, has just thrown in a television bomb saying that he wants a break from the show he is currently on.  Whether lady luck stays by their side or not is still an answered question, but this move is definitely creating havoc and frenzy amongst their ardent fans.

Sushant Singh Rajput ' Lots to Look Forward To

Sushant Singh Rajput has proved himself as a dancer, a theatre artist and TV actor. Now he is ready to take on the big screen, and feels that taking risks has been fruitful for him. He shot to fame with the TV show "Pavitra Rishta", but he shocked his fans when he decided to quit it at the peak of his career.  As the utterly loveable Manav, the ideal son of Pavitra Rishta quit because in his own words, he couldn't "identify" with the character any more after playing it for two years and needed a "break"!

If there is one person who will vouch for the importance of being in the right place at the right time, it is Rajput. His popularity soared when he contested in Zara Nachke Dikhaa and Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa and displayed his dancing skills. He is making his Bollywood debut with Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che! and Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay. He has signed one more weighty movie with Yash Raj Films. Rumors are that initially, Yash Raj wanted to sign Rajput for a three film contract but because he had already signed up with UTV, it got fizzled out. He will be playing the lead opposite Parineeti Chopra, who is among the recent YRF favorites.

Barun Sobti

Rajput believes he is a performer ' medium irrespective.  "For me the only difference was with the paychecks that I got. I have been a performer throughout whether it was dancing with Shiamak, doing theatre with Barry or playing Manav in 'Pavitra Rishta' and now in 'Kai Po Che'."

He has explained what had happened to him, "After quitting 'Pavitra Rishta' and doing 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa', I started getting film offers. Among the seven to eight offers I got, 'Kai Po Che' was one. When I read the script, I just loved it. I auditioned for it and got the role," he said. Rajput, who plays cricket enthusiast Ishaan in the film, portrays the journey of three friends as they discover cricket, religion and business in their respective fields. Actors Raj Kumar Yadav, Amit Sadh and Amrita Puri will play prominent roles in the film. He is pinning his hopes on the film ' a movie adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's novel, The 3 Mistakes of My Life.

Barun Sobti ' The Heartbreaker, Groundbreaker

The latest to join the list of hotties on a "break mode" is Barun Sobti.  Sobti, with his gorgeous good looks, brilliantly expressive eyes and impeccable acting talent, has emerged as one of the most popular actors on Indian television in recent times. Fans of the show just can't live with the fact that he is detaching himself from his show, 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?'

Often known as television's 'King of romance,' Barun Sobti has often been compared to Bollywood's King Khan, Shah Rukh. Both have similar trajectories in that they are both from Delhi and arrived in Mumbai with no godfather.  With sheer determination and on screen charisma, both have had the hearts of women of all ages fluttering. Sobti, like SRK is known to be shy and a poet at heart. Affable and straight forward, they are also media favorites.

After he announced that he was planning a "longish break" from Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, his millions of fans in a state of panic and heartbreak reportedly are deluging the production house and Star Plus with requests to retain the actor in the show and end it on a high note. It forced them to respond through interviews and even the channel, which reportedly does not deal directly with the starts sat down with Sobti to see what could be done, but for reasons unclear, the actor has decided to ease his way out.

What fans have understood so far: Sobti signed up for the show for a year.  At its conclusion he went on to shoot for a Bollywood film, Main Aur Mr Right, for which he wanted a break of 40 days from the show.  Gladly accommodating him, the script was tweaked so this could be done.  With an eye on the cash register which was ringing loud, Sobti was convinced to stay on longer.

For Sobti, being Arnav Singh Raizada, the loving brother, ruthless biz tycoon and man in love for one and half years isn't an easy job, because it meant shooting 12-14 hours, month round.  A visibly tired looking Sobti has put down his papers stating that he needs a break, take care of his health, as he has been working for a long time now. He wants to spend time with his family, especially his wife, Pashmeen.

Fans have taken his move personally and reports say that never before has a channel had to deal with the loss of an actor with calls coming from around the world. While every girl and woman watching the show has imagined themselves in the arms of the Arnav Singh Raizada played by Sobti, there is little doubt that while he may not have signed on for a film before leaving the show, Bollywood awaits him and fans will keep hearing from him in the days and years ahead. 

Idiots didnt mention sushant other offers it is well written only barun's part😡

Edited by dhoomdhadaka - 11 years ago
Amit Sadh ?@TheAmitSadh

headed to shoot, patch work ,for kpc... 2 more days...  is kpc shoot gona get over tis century

Thanks for the above article ..So his pay check is getting better ...That's very good to know . About time deserving talented people also make money because these days in films you just have to be someone's relative to get a big offer ...🤔
tanyaz tis is his old quote by now his paycheck would have surely increased
To be frank the article seems to be biased to Barun. OF course Barun is a dude and has a huge fan following n at the moment SP is under severe pressure it seems with their UK tour threatened as well by UK fans it seems if Barun is not brought back. The entire scenario has totally escalated to new level it seems.
But why is Barun take break for his health reasons over-shadowing the three main big films Sush has. Isnt this article suppose to be on BW films both the actors got.No offense to Barun fans ,I like him too but isnt this artilcle suppose to focus on the films signed by both the actors, Sush's three films is a hugeee deal.UTV,YRF,Hirani/Aamir are big big deals to catch ,infact I dont remember any TV actor signing such big films in recent time.
This article over-shadows the achievement of Sush  instead it digresses away from the main focus.
Not a professional written one.
The article writer first needs to find out the latest buzz in BW town is Sush and his movie deals n KPC n write accordingly.