Debate Mansion

Education gives girls a purpose to live! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Education can give anybody a purpose to live, but it is highly subjective. 

Education is the most basic provision that is the duty of a family to provide to each and everyone of their young ones. If anything, these messiahs of the society should know that education is morally upright. They must know that studying isn't going to 'spoil' their girls but help them in the long run if ever it is absolutely essential for them to step out of the confines of the household. 

It is quite plain that both girls and boys still struggle to have a say in the prospects of their frigging futures. These families seem to set it all up for them. So, they grow up with certain sets of principles taught to them as a consequence to which some of these girls may not want education at all. Nobody really understands that basic education which is literacy isn't really a family or social group's choice to make. It's been way too long and people still don't understand that it is a necessity. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Education gives girls a purpose to live! (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Dee, I feel this is one sided debate cause no one here would disagree with the fact that education is a must regardless of race,  religion or sex! 

Question: Is religion against educating girls?

I don't want to sound rude here but honestly I think religion is against making sense. 

Scratch that, it is more like the people who follow the religion who happen to manipulate their customs and rituals into something, anything against the female kind and to oppress them in so many innovative ways. It is one of my goals to really study Sikhism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism before I'm old and grey and can't read without glasses. I want an insight on whether the starters themselves had these derogatory ideas or is it the religious followers who have manipulated their teachings. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 5:26am | IP Logged
^^ your starting point should be some basic knowledge of philosophy and then comparative religious study. I don't know how many people etill do that. The one man I know is syed mujtaba ali. And he is long dead. An outstanding scholar and writer.

Wish you all the best. Add judiasm Jainism and Zoroastrianism and your list. Is finished. Hug

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

^^ your starting point should be some basic knowledge of philosophy and then comparative religious study. I don't know how many people etill do that. The one man I know is syed mujtaba ali. And he is long dead. An outstanding scholar and writer.

Wish you all the best. Add judiasm Jainism and Zoroastrianism and your list. Is finished. Hug

If I get through these successfully, I'd be willing to study all those you've mentioned. As of now, I know jack squat on philosophy and religious study but I do have an unbiased approach which will help me not throw up at studying some religion different to the one I happen to be born into.

Thanks for the input. 

LeadNitrate

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

Originally posted by tannipartner

If I get through these successfully, I'd be willing to study all those you've mentioned. As of now, I know jack squat on philosophy and religious study but I do have an unbiased approach which will help me not throw up at studying some religion different to the one I happen to be born into.

Thanks for the input. 

true. LOLThe author i know spent his entire life researching on it. But from my limited knowledge I have seen gist is more or less same.

epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top