Debate Mansion

Education gives girls a purpose to live! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Well, yeah title seems a little carried off. It gives her support to go on. But she can have purpose without education too. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Education gives girls a purpose to live! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 7:56am | IP Logged
^^So should I change it or leave it as it is??

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged

schools and colleges and universities is not give us real education... its only prepares you to get a good job n earnings..maybe it can give u a better standard of living bt better std of living is not a better standard of life...bt anyone can avoid politics/abuses/insults blah blah things...I think lifes right education will teach ppl how to be yourself & intelligent & it doesn't allow becom carbon copies...real education bring out what is hidden in you... Smile

Heart

Heart

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

The right to education is a fundamental Human right enforced by the UN charter as well. So when incidents or rather a blasphemous accident occurs like the one with Malala Yusoufzai and no one speaks up for those girls who remain uneducated, What happens? Don't the girls in rebellious areas like the SWAT valley too have a right? Does anyone even the authority has a right to take away such basic needs of life. Education helps to prosper - it never inhibits growth. Education doesn't make a girl over ambitious, it sometimes just gives her purpose to live and not just survive. Discuss! Smile

Everyone has a a right to education.. It helps you prosper in life, makes your life easier, gives you ambition in life. But I think it is a little over-exaggeration if I say if you gives you purpose in life. It teaches you logical reasoning and question everything that is happening around you from politics to science, but there are still many people in the world today who are not literate.. that includes both boys and girls. Even in the biggest cities in India, you can see little children begging on the road and it is extremely sad that these under privileged people do not get the most important fundamental right.  
But no, no one has the right to tell you whether you should be receiving education or not. It is your choice to make and it is unfair if someone is doing anything.   

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

^^So should I change it or leave it as it is??

I would suggest to change it to something neutral that is in the spirit of what you posted. But as OP, your decision should be final. Smile

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 16 October 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Education gives everyone a purpose to live.
But what is education? We know enough people have degrees and yet no purpose to live or do something worthwhile.

I would rather say knowledge and basic values give people purpose to live.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 16 October 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Is there a purpose to life ?
What is it  ?

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 16 October 2012 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Dee, I feel this is one sided debate cause no one here would disagree with the fact that education is a must regardless of race,  religion or sex! 

Question: Is religion against educating girls?

Edited by -Aarya- - 16 October 2012 at 7:06pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

latekate

Post Reply New Post

Go to top