Education gives girls a purpose to live! - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago

schools and colleges and universities is not give us real education... its only prepares you to get a good job n earnings..maybe it can give u a better standard of living bt better std of living is not a better standard of life...bt anyone can avoid politics/abuses/insults blah blah things...I think lifes right education will teach ppl how to be yourself & intelligent & it doesn't allow becom carbon copies...real education bring out what is hidden in you... 😊

Originally posted by -Dee-

The right to education is a fundamental Human right enforced by the UN charter as well. So when incidents or rather a blasphemous accident occurs like the one with Malala Yusoufzai and no one speaks up for those girls who remain uneducated, What happens? Don't the girls in rebellious areas like the SWAT valley too have a right? Does anyone even the authority has a right to take away such basic needs of life. Education helps to prosper - it never inhibits growth. Education doesn't make a girl over ambitious, it sometimes just gives her purpose to live and not just survive. Discuss! 😊

Everyone has a a right to education.. It helps you prosper in life, makes your life easier, gives you ambition in life. But I think it is a little over-exaggeration if I say if you gives you purpose in life. It teaches you logical reasoning and question everything that is happening around you from politics to science, but there are still many people in the world today who are not literate.. that includes both boys and girls. Even in the biggest cities in India, you can see little children begging on the road and it is extremely sad that these under privileged people do not get the most important fundamental right.  
But no, no one has the right to tell you whether you should be receiving education or not. It is your choice to make and it is unfair if someone is doing anything.   
Originally posted by -Dee-

^^So should I change it or leave it as it is??

I would suggest to change it to something neutral that is in the spirit of what you posted. But as OP, your decision should be final. ðŸ˜Š
Education gives everyone a purpose to live.
But what is education? We know enough people have degrees and yet no purpose to live or do something worthwhile.

I would rather say knowledge and basic values give people purpose to live.
Is there a purpose to life ?
What is it  ?
Dee, I feel this is one sided debate cause no one here would disagree with the fact that education is a must regardless of race,  religion or sex! 

Question: Is religion against educating girls?

Edited by -Aarya- - 11 years ago
Education can give anybody a purpose to live, but it is highly subjective. 

Education is the most basic provision that is the duty of a family to provide to each and everyone of their young ones. If anything, these messiahs of the society should know that education is morally upright. They must know that studying isn't going to 'spoil' their girls but help them in the long run if ever it is absolutely essential for them to step out of the confines of the household. 

It is quite plain that both girls and boys still struggle to have a say in the prospects of their frigging futures. These families seem to set it all up for them. So, they grow up with certain sets of principles taught to them as a consequence to which some of these girls may not want education at all. Nobody really understands that basic education which is literacy isn't really a family or social group's choice to make. It's been way too long and people still don't understand that it is a necessity. 

Originally posted by -Aarya-

Dee, I feel this is one sided debate cause no one here would disagree with the fact that education is a must regardless of race,  religion or sex! 

Question: Is religion against educating girls?

I don't want to sound rude here but honestly I think religion is against making sense. 

Scratch that, it is more like the people who follow the religion who happen to manipulate their customs and rituals into something, anything against the female kind and to oppress them in so many innovative ways. It is one of my goals to really study Sikhism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism before I'm old and grey and can't read without glasses. I want an insight on whether the starters themselves had these derogatory ideas or is it the religious followers who have manipulated their teachings. 

^^ your starting point should be some basic knowledge of philosophy and then comparative religious study. I don't know how many people etill do that. The one man I know is syed mujtaba ali. And he is long dead. An outstanding scholar and writer.

Wish you all the best. Add judiasm Jainism and Zoroastrianism and your list. Is finished. 🤗
Originally posted by tannipartner

^^ your starting point should be some basic knowledge of philosophy and then comparative religious study. I don't know how many people etill do that. The one man I know is syed mujtaba ali. And he is long dead. An outstanding scholar and writer.

Wish you all the best. Add judiasm Jainism and Zoroastrianism and your list. Is finished. 🤗

If I get through these successfully, I'd be willing to study all those you've mentioned. As of now, I know jack squat on philosophy and religious study but I do have an unbiased approach which will help me not throw up at studying some religion different to the one I happen to be born into.

Thanks for the input.